Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2013, 02:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Ok... just want to remind folks of the actual recent history of 7 day CruiseMates Group Cruises we've had and offered.

Feb. '11 Carnival Glory - hosted by Snoozeman

Nov. '11 Celebrity Eclipse - hosted by Mike M

Mar. '12 NCL Epic - hosted by Trip

Winter '12 we offered a 7 day on Allure of the Seas that we eventually cancelled because no one booked it... at that time the travel agent handling that group was even offering a draw amongst people who booked, for a free cabin, as incentive to get people to book early (before cabins would be clawed back)

How many of you were on any of those cruises?

I love our group cruises! The fact is the people in our community can always have reasons not to book the particular cruises offered; not the date, not the right time of year, not the right ships, not the right cruise line, etc.

As I've said that is certainly understandable. We do understand that not everyone can book every cruise. And we do our best to find the best deals we can at times and dates that will attract people.

Another fact in the history of our group cruises is many of the people who book our group cruises are not frequent posters to the site. We have a lot of people who have been on multiple CM group cruises who rarely post.

They do read often, lurking, see a group cruise they like and book it.

We have many many folks who have been on a bunch of group cruises. That shows that when someone does go, they have a great time with our group cruise.

Because for 2013, so far, we only have the one transatlantic sailing up, it's honestly no reason to pretend we don't do seven day cruises as well. We've always had them as a part of our CruiseMates group cruise program.

RollerDonna.. if you haven't done one in 10 years, it's frankly because you've chosen not to. You have cruised during that time, but you chose other cruises, and that is entirely all right; your choices. But it's not because there haven't been at least 1, mostly 2 a year since then, until 2013.

I can't tell you how many times I get emails saying "I've booked xyz cruise, can you make it a CruiseMates group cruise". Again; natural. Everyone likes to pick a ship, date, price, that is good for them, sailing from whatever is nearest to them, and then wants everyone to come along.

I don't mean for this to come across as anything but informative. But over the years we've put a lot of work and effort into our group cruise program, and I do hate for the history of it to be wiped under the rug with pretense.

Each year we kept offering longer cruises as well, but for no reason other than they have almost always attracted the largest groups.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Just to set the record straight I did inquirer about CM cruise prior to booking my upcoming cruise and don't expect CM to design a cruise around what I have picked, I simply suggested that since there seems to be all this interest in a CM cruise that just maybe the one I'm booked on might be a possibility.
I do know first hand the trying to meet everyones needs is impossible. I'm sure at some point maybe if there's one later in 2013 I'll meet some of the fine folks here, until then the boards will have to do.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014

Last edited by Aerogirl; January 18th, 2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old January 18th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Admiral

I believe that sometime in 2013 I will be able to resume traveling in ways that I was limited due to ill health . Therefore ,I shall be watching for interesting CM cruises .
Old January 18th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
Just to set the record straight I did inquirer about CM cruise prior to booking my upcoming cruise and don't expect CM to design a cruise around what I have picked, I simply suggested that since there seems to be all this interest in a CM cruise that just maybe the one I'm booked on might be a possibility.
I do know first hand the trying to meet everyones needs is impossible. I'm sure at some point maybe if there's one later in 2013 I'll meet some of the fine folks here, until then the boards will have to do.
I wasn't directing my comments to you personally, in any way Aerogirl. And if you took it that way I apologize.

I really was trying to explain the problem in generalizations. And as I've said several times, I understand it's not at all an unnatural wish... people book and are excited, and would love if others come along.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 18th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
I wasn't directing my comments to you personally, in any way Aerogirl. And if you took it that way I apologize.

I really was trying to explain the problem in generalizations. And as I've said several times, I understand it's not at all an unnatural wish... people book and are excited, and would love if others come along.
I know you didn't and I didn't take it personally, but thank. I run a annual block party and I know first hand how hard it is to please everyone and that's just on one block so I can only imagine trying to plan a cruise that meets everyone's needs. If everyone is really serious about doing one maybe we could put together a few cruise and have the majority rule? I know I personally won't be taking another beside my upcoming one until late 2014. If there's one near that time I'm there if not I'm sure someday I'll make it.
No worries my friend!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old January 18th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ship2shore View Post
On my last cruise, the Group Meetup was a disaster. Everyone was completely blind stinking drunk, and this was BEFORE sailaway. I ended up avoiding everyone in the green t-shirts the whole cruise. Gave my shirt to a kid on St. Maarten.
This is interesting because I was on a CM cruise with green t-shirts and one of the stops was in St. Maarten. Was this cruise you went on in 2008? I'm wondering if it's the same cruise.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994