CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Thursday, Jan. 3rd 2013 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/393935-thursday-jan-3rd-2013-a.html)

rollerdonna January 3rd, 2013 07:28 AM

Thursday, Jan. 3rd 2013

Morning Mates, the day I've been dreading is already here...I go back to work today. :(

It is very cold (-28C) or -18F, and it is "snowy" if not actually accumulating, just floating around in the air. January is definitely here.

Today is also back-to-aquafitness day, I will be doing that before groceries for work, then work. It will feel good to back in the pool again. :)
Wishing you all a great day!

donna

Mike M January 3rd, 2013 08:27 AM

Good morning everyone:

If I was like Donna, and going to work, I'd be calling in sick. I've come down with SARS, EBOLA, Swine Flu, or just a common bug. I spent most of last night waking myself up hacking and the weirdest thing is that the heels of my feet feel like someone beat them with a two by four.

I will give the doc a call after 8 and get in to see him. After being home for nine days, I would bet I picked it up after I got home from Asia.

So today is going to be a do nothing rest day. I hope everyone has a great Thursday and a wonderful rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike

rollerdonna January 3rd, 2013 09:09 AM

Awww, sorry to hear that Mike, hope you're feeling better soon - weird about the feet, but who knows what kind of weird flu lurks out there?
I ended up not going to the pool today after all. Had an attack of the "gluten-bowels" this morning. I am convinced that there is something with gluten in the making of the home-fries that I eat every Wed. nite at the pub. Probably need to change their oil or something...I always seem to suffer this attack on Thursday mornings. No more food at the pub for me!

donna

Luanne Russo January 3rd, 2013 09:58 AM

Good morning from a cold, Jack Frosty Texas. I know I will regret saying this, because of all the hot weather we have, but I need the sun to shine. It is so dull and depressing here.

Yesterday was wonderful. There is something good about other people trying to make you beautiful. :)

Today I have to get ready for our next trip. The house needs help, and the suitcase needs to be brought back out. This will probably be my last trip for awhile.

Mike, get well.

Donna, you too.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne

Moiraine January 3rd, 2013 10:07 AM

Good morning mates. It's sunny and 24f here right now. Not much going on yet. I told my daughter I wanted to get out fairly early today but she's still piled up in bed. :mrgreen: Oh well. She'll be working her butt off when she goes back to school. I'll let her sleep. The shopping can wait until this afternoon. I'm going to top her off on the stuff she needs for the semester. Off to read for a while.

Mike and Donna, hope you guys feel better.

Have a good day all.

LS80 January 3rd, 2013 10:20 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........just about 30 here right now........I know....that's not cold for lots of ya.......but it is for us......... ;)

Mike.....feel better.......those weird heels feelings don't sound like any fun......

Luanne......have a great trip.......hope it warms up for ya.......

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon

balabusta January 3rd, 2013 11:07 AM

Good morning from Virginia Beach where it is in the lower 40's. I went to the gym, then the bank, and after that did a little grocery shopping. (since gas has gone up, again, I am now making a more conscious effort to do all of my errands at once.) Hope all of my fellow cruisemates enjoyed their new year's eve celebrations and may 2013 be a healthy and happy new year for all of my fellow cruisemattes!

Aerogirl January 3rd, 2013 11:31 AM

Good morning
It's just so cold I can't stand it! I went grocery shopping yesterday so I really don't need to leave the house. I did see 40's for next week however.

D/S went back to school today with the holiday break being cut short due to the September school strike and many day to be made up.
Not much else.

rayb January 3rd, 2013 03:04 PM

Wedding

Seventy years ago, Jan 3, 1942 Helen and I were Married.

I MISS HER.

Trip January 3rd, 2013 04:27 PM

Ray, I understand, how much this day means to you,and to those of us lucky enough to have known Helen, remember her with much love & affection. Thinking of you both today...xo

rollerdonna January 3rd, 2013 06:27 PM

Oh my goodness Ray, 70 years! Most people don't make it to 50 or even 25! You and Helen were (are) an inspiration to all of us, you were such a loving couple and you both loved to travel so much, I can imagine how much you miss her...(((HUGS)))

donna

CruisinK n J January 3rd, 2013 09:11 PM

Thursday Janaury 3 2013

Ray, both Keith and I feel so fortunate to have met both of you.

Judy

dezertcruzer January 3rd, 2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rayb (Post 1460358)
Seventy years ago, Jan 3, 1942 Helen and I were Married.

I MISS HER.

Ray,

Jose and I send you big hugs and warm wishes for a special day of memories. We did so love being your tablemates on the original Let's Get Lei'd Cruise. We still talk about those dinners with fond memories. You and Helen were an inspiration to all who met you.

Fern January 4th, 2013 09:13 PM

Bless your heart! You and Helen were a perfect match :). Hugs are coming to you (((((Ray))))))! You are so lucky to have so many wonderful memories:D!