Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good Friday Morning

Good morning to everyone. It looks like a standard, clear and cool, Minnesota morning. 20F on the thermometer but it's clear so it should be a nice day.

Well: It's official. I have pneumonia. I went to the doctor yesterday afternoon and my white count and x-ray confirmed it. Now I have the heavy duty antibiotics, nebulizer and the "good" cough syrup that doesn't really stop the cough but you don't give a darn.

I actually have felt a lot worse so I'm not too worried about it. The only thing was that my doctor said it could take three to four weeks to fully recover. It better not impact my upcoming cruise. He thought I should still be able to go but I need to go back for a follow up appointment just to make sure.

Otherwise, life is good. The grandkids arrive tonight and will be with us for the next week. Their parents are going to be gone for the next week on a business/pleasure trip and grandma will need to drive them to and from school and grandpa will be cooking and packing lunches for them and making sure the homework is done. Gee: I'll feel 25 years younger. Then again, twenty five years ago it was Betty cooking, packing lunches and making sure the homework was done and I was coming home around nine or ten and nuking supper. I think I like this better.

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a wonderful upcoming weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me

Last edited by Mike M; January 4th, 2013 at 06:12 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2013, 07:11 AM
Admiral

Sorry to hear you/ve got the dreaded pneumomia bug Mike, please take care of yourself, and feel better soon!

Bright and sunny this morning, but still cold, it/s minus-something, not sure what, but cold enough!

I survived my first day back at work, and only have today to get through then it/s the weekend again - yay!

Something has happened to my \apostrophe\, no idea what, but my keyboard has probably gone French on me again, guess it doesn/t like being taken out of Quebec.

donna
Old January 4th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a wet, dull, and not cold enough to snow. As I predicted yesterday, Texans heard the word snow, and went into a panic. Post is closed until 10:00, and Jim reports at 9:00. I didn't go to the grocery store yesterday, but I'll bet there is not a loaf of bread or beer left on the shelf.

Mike, I am so sorry you are sick. Take care of yourself.

Donna, How was it going back? Are you now in a new school?

I guess we will leave on our mini trip, later today. The area we are going to did get a little snow, but it should be clear by the time we get there. We are taking Bella ( 9mons old now) She is going through her terrible twos, and drove Josh crazy last weekend, so we thought we would see how she does on the road.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 4th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. It's sunny and 22f here. I'm going to send the other half out to do the grocery shopping today if he'll go. I took the kid shopping yesterday to top off the stuff she'll need for the semester. I think that's enough shopping for me for a while. I did buy myself a new pair of Nike's though.

Mike, I'm sorry that you're so sick. Take it easy. You want to be up to snuff for your cruise.

Have a good day all.
Old January 4th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......it's warmed up.......40 out right now.......

Mike.....feel better......sounds like the cruise is what ya need......warmth for 7 days........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old January 4th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Still a bit nippy in the desert. Lots of sunshine, but temps still only fighting to get into the 60s.

It's been a busy time here with lots of visitors in town. A bunch are leaving this weekend, and then next week it starts again, with more friends coming in to enjoy the hopefully improving weather.

I'm going to do alot of nothing today and tomorrow to rest up for the "next round".
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old January 4th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Admiral

Default Good Friday Morning

Good morning. Bright, sunny, and cold in SoCal.

Mike, I'm sorry you're really sick. Keith says to tell you that you've been on so many cruises, that you could let this one go. Get well soon!

Well, I'm going to make a try for that Sukiaki today. Pasadena's big celebration is over for another year and the crowds have gone home, so I should be able to get a parking place.

Judy
Old January 4th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinK n J View Post
Mike, I'm sorry you're really sick. Keith says to tell you that you've been on so many cruises, that you could let this one go.
Judy,

Tell Keith that Mike said: "Heck no! I will go!"

Sitting on a warm beach or by the pool sounds pretty good right now.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 4th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from chilly but sunny NY