CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   First saturday of the year ( 2013 ) (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/393981-first-saturday-year-2013-a.html)

Manuel January 5th, 2013 10:45 AM

First saturday of the year ( 2013 )

I hope that you are all having a nice morning and enjoying the first weekend of 2013.

TM

Mike M January 5th, 2013 10:54 AM

Good morning Manuel and everyone to come.

I was just going to put up a GM thread when I saw this. I guess everyone is enjoying a good Saturday morning.

I'm in day 3 of "Pneumonia 2013". I'm feeling a bit better but still not too good. The grandkids are here and right now they and grandma are playing "Let's Dance" on the Wii. Grandpa isn't up to that right now. If they had a game called "Let's Hack" I would win hands down. I like the Wii games because they get people moving and not like the games where the only thing that gets a workout are your thumbs.

Grandma will take the kids skating this afternoon and grandpa will stay home and take it easy. I will make sauced chicken legs for dinner. It's easy and the kids love them. Take some chicken legs, lightly season them, lay them out on a sheet pan, throw on some BBQ sauce and toss them in a 350F oven for an hour. I might even get ambitious and make some rice and veggies. :)

I hope everyone has a great Saturday and a wonderful upcoming week.

Take care,
Mike

LS80 January 5th, 2013 11:15 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........

Mike.....sauced chicken legs sound good........

Warming up here a bit.......lows in the upper 30's to low 40's.........

Y'all have a good day..............

Sharon

Moiraine January 5th, 2013 11:38 AM

Good morning mates. Time got away with me last night and I stayed up way too late reading. Hmm, I made bbq pork chops in the crock pot a few days ago and had rice, spinach, and seasoned cabbage. My daughter decided to go out to eat with friends. The chops and rice would have been fine but the spinach and cabbage were too much for her. :mrgreen:

Nothing going on here. I'm the only one up at the moment. I need to walk the dog and do the dishes. I may even clean the litter box. Other than that it's going to be more reading.

Have a good day.

Luanne Russo January 5th, 2013 11:59 AM

Good morning everyone from Greater downtown Mineral Wells, Texas. The temp is 41 and sunny.

WE arrived last night, and boy what a trip. Did you ever see Deliverance?

Not this town, but what is between here and home.

The landscape was beautiful. I guess the rich from Fort Worth-Dallas, who want horse farms, live here.

The only problem is I have a bad reaction to horses. Not just touching, but something they emit that causes me to swell. Just as soon as we would leave one farm, there would be another. I have never seen so many horses in my life. By the time we got here, I had a partial closed windpipe, and a horrible headache. I feel much better this morning, but didn't sleep very well.

Bella is here with me this weekend, and she and I have been walking this morning. Thankfully no horses around here, but a beautiful golf course. No Kuki, I wasn't walking Bella on the course. :)

I am so looking forward to tonight. IT's playoff season for the NFL, and believe it or not, I planned this trip around the games. I will only miss one of them, and we have found the Ravens football network on the radio to listen to on the way home.

Manuel, My heart stopped this morning when I found out a plane had hit a house in your town. Glad to see you are okay.

Well I have a Kindle calling my name.

Everyone have a good day.

Mike, Get better soon.

Luanne

Lakers Fan January 5th, 2013 12:43 PM

Its chilly but very sunny here east of the Big Apple.

Kuki January 5th, 2013 12:49 PM

Good Morning cruisemates... and Mike the pneumoniated sick guy.

Only 51 degrees in Scottsdale this morning. "They" keep promising a warming trend, and then each day push it away another day. Supposed to get to 65 and sunny today; we'll see.

A new outlet mall opened here last year after we left, so I'm considering a ride to look around today.

Other than that, my plan is to sit out on the patio and watch the bad golfers go by.

Also have to get all the year end paperwork and reports done for tax purposes for my mother's caregivers.

Since we've been dining out so much lately because of all the visitor, I'm expecting Mrs. Kuki is likely to be making a scrumptious dinner at home tonight... or reservations ;)

CruisinK n J January 5th, 2013 03:26 PM

First Saturday of the Year (2013)

A late good morning to you.

Keith and I went to Pasadena yesterday. A mistake! While we had a delicious lunch and validated parking, a huge accident east of us created a colossal traffic jam that affected the entire area. What is usually a 30-minute drive from our house, it took us three hours to get home. Not only the freeway was bumper to bumper, so were all the surface streets. I also didn't think about the after Christmas sales that drew people to Pasadena's Old Town, either.

Keith went to Riverside and I am spending a quiet Saturday.

Judy

Surfguyxxx1 January 6th, 2013 06:06 AM

I cleaned out the guest bedroom closet that hadn't been done in almost 4 years (yikes). Felt good to get rid of things I didn't know I had. You can't take it with you............