Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default Maaaaaaahvelous Monday!

Good Morning Good Morning!! I am up and around early so I thought I would drop in and start the day at CruiseMates. The weatherbug is saying mostly cloudy and possibly rainy. Temps will be in the 70's so I can live with that. As long as I am NOT shoveling snow I am a happy camper. Errands to do today and the rest of the day is mine. Time to go on my daily search for purple. Have a great day everyone.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2013, 08:25 AM
Admiral

Good morning to you Early Bird Laura! You may not be shoveling snow today, but we sure are...another unexpected snowstorm hit last night, and it is a winter wonderland out there this morning. Will have to get out and take some pics later...
Speaking of pics, I have a couple to share this morning...yesterday Judy mentioned the closing of Huntington Beach's Ruby's Diner and it brought back fond memories of meeting Judy & Keith there back in 2007, along with my cousin Penny.
I was in California for the funeral of my aunt, but the bright spot of the trip was going to Ruby's, a 50's styler diner, and meeting Judy & Keith!

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; January 7th, 2013 at 08:27 AM. Reason: photo
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Good morning Laura, Donna and everyone else! Today, in my neck of the woods, the temp is 29F and clear. We are expecting two to four inches of rain Tuesday through Wednesday. At least it is not raining in this cold weather today! I keep looking for a great cruise deal but do not see any yet. My time will come soon.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old January 7th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Captain

Good morning all!

This is a marvelous Monday - I am finally over the flu! Had it for about three weeks.

Feeling good now but it is back to work for me today!
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

The grandkids have been fed, dressed and the forty pound backpacks have been loaded for school. Betty is driving them there. It's been awhile since we've had to get kids ready for school. I should say since "Betty", like the olden days, did most of the work.

I'm not going to jinx it but I am feeling a bit better today. I slept all night without waking myself up coughing. We'll see how the day goes.

Today we have the "window guy" coming to give us an estimate on replacing the garage windows. They are the only two original windows in the house. The last guy cracked me up when he said it would be $1,900 for the two windows. I told this guy that if he was going to charge more than $300 per window don't waste my time. I can do it myself for about $100/window but I'll pay an additional $200 to have someone else do it.

Otherwise nothing else going on.

Mars: Glad you are feeling better.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 7th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. It's 26f and sunny here this morning. Not much going on at the moment. I'm waiting on my sleepyhead daughter to get up before I do much. She is taking the opportunity to sleep as much as possible while in over break. She'll be going back next weekend. Think my brother will be by sometime today.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.
Old January 7th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........rain today...........

It's Monday so that means........laundry......

Mike........that was a bit steep for 2 windows.......unless they are HUGE!!!!!!!

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old January 7th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Admiral

Default Maaaaahvelous Monday!

A noisy good morning to you! A crew is here to remove a VERY large, but dead, oak tree and do some other pruning for us. We had to get an arborist out here to get permission to cut it down. California does not like it if you cut down an oak tree. The state fines you about $300 a tree.

Whatever I do today, I will be seranaded by a couple of big saws.

I hope everybody else has a pleasanter and quieter day than I am having!

Judy
Old January 7th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Admiral

Hello everyone
Getting ready to hop in the shower as I have many errands to run today. Yesterday my niece and I made homemade deodorant so I'm excited to see how I like it.
Donna... sorry to hear about your aunt.
Mike....Feel better your cruise is right around the corner.

Have a great day!
p/s It sure is nice to see a countdown ticker on my posts!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old January 7th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Admiral

Sunny and 45 degrees here this afternoon.