CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Wednesday January 9th (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/394050-wednesday-january-9th.html)

rollerdonna January 9th, 2013 06:28 AM

Wednesday January 9th

Morning Mates, I am up at the crack of dawn (literally, there is a pink horizon over the snow!) We are headed in to the windshield replacement place with James' car, and then out for breakfast...

Twenty-nine years ago today I was giving birth to my beautiful daughter Jessica. I can't believe how the time has flown!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...93916102_n.jpg

donna

Manuel January 9th, 2013 08:09 AM

Good Morning Donna and others to follow.

I also have a daughter turned 29 this month. And I am taking my Jeep to the shop because a warning light came on regarding ABS, so I don't want to have brake problems.

Evrything else is fine down here and the weather continues quitw warm.

Have a nice day everyone.

TM

Mike M January 9th, 2013 09:44 AM

Good morning everyone.

It's been a fun couple of days around here. I'm still fighting this pneumonia but it is getting better. The bad part was that on Monday morning I had a grand mal seizure. Not fun. I have the partial seizures and I've learned to live with them but the full blown ones aren't fun and I have little memory of most of Monday.

The neurologist believes that the seizure was brought on because of the illness and isn't too worried about a recurrence. He has increased my seizure meds and I feel like a gorked zombie. He does feel that if I go seizure free for the next seven days then I will be able to go on the cruise but I will have to make sure I get plenty of rest. I will stay on the higher dosage of meds for the next three weeks. Gee: I wonder if I'll remember the cruise. ;)

Happy Birthday to Jessica: I hope that she is having a wonderful 29th.

Manuel: The ABS problem is probably a fuse or sensor. It's good to get it taken care of as soon as you can. I can never understand people who drive around with the "Check Engine", or other warning light on, for miles and miles and then wonder why their car goes to heck.

Nothing on the agenda for today. I'm still "confined to quarters" so there isn't too much I can get up to.

I wish everyone a great day.

Take care,
Mike

Haimia January 9th, 2013 10:08 AM

Hi all, a sunny, mid 40's day in NW Ohio for us! Not much else happening.

RD - happy birthday to your beautiful daughter! I also have a 29 year old DD - the pediatrician in our family.

Manuel - hope all is okay with the car or, at least, a cheap fix

Mike - please listen to Betty and the doctor so you can make the cruise - and GET BETTER!

My puppy (okay, 2 1/2 year old puppy!!) is crawling around my legs at the desk; she has been very nervous since last night, not sure what shook up her little world!

Hope all have a good day!

LS80 January 9th, 2013 11:23 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......they say we might get some of the white stuff.........hopefully it will miss us........lows in the low 30's........highs only low 40's........

Mike.......rest & get better.......you can sleep out by the pool on the cruise...... ;)

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon

CruisinK n J January 9th, 2013 12:10 PM

Wednesday January 9

Good morning.

Donna, you've a pretty daughter! Please tell her happy birthday for me.

Mike,OMG! PLEASE take care of yourself. Those seizures, any seizure, is NOT fun to watch, either. Brings back terrible memories.

Keith didn't finish the post box frame yesterday, and plans to do that this morning. Best get him some breakfast first.

Have a good day!

Judy

Manuel January 9th, 2013 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 1460933)
Manuel: The ABS problem is probably a fuse or sensor. It's good to get it taken care of as soon as you can. I can never understand people who drive around with the "Check Engine", or other warning light on, for miles and miles and then wonder why their car goes to heck.

Take care,
Mike

You were right! It was a sensor, and I allways take warning lights seriously.

TM

Moiraine January 9th, 2013 01:43 PM

Good afternoon mates. Seems like a busy morning but I got nothing accomplished. that always irritates me. Oh well. Nothing to do about it. Going to get some lunch and see what I can get into this afternoon.

Aerogirl January 9th, 2013 02:09 PM

Good afternoon
A very mild day here with temps in the 40's and it's going to last into the weekend, hard to believe it's January.
Mike... Sending well wishes your way
Donna... Your daughter is beautiful, May she have a wonderful birthday!

Lakers Fan January 9th, 2013 03:07 PM

Cloudy but 51 degrees here today.