Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Admiral

Default Friday, January 11th

Morning Mates, looks like another dull weather day here in Nova Scotia. We escaped the worst of the storm (it went to Newfoundland instead), but it's still windy, cold and a bit wet.
I will drag myself to aquafitness this morning, then my last day of work this week. Lots of stuff happening there, not happy about it, but what can you do?
Have a good Friday everyone, and slide on into the weekend!

donna
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning Donna and all Cruisemates to come.

Donna, don't be down. It's January in the Maritimes. It sounds like normal weather.

The weather here is quite similar to what Donna describes in her neck of the woods. North of here schools are closed because of icy roads but here it is just wet. If the temperature drops four degrees it will be a different story.

This morning it brought back memories. I turned the TV on while the grandkids were getting ready for school. There was a crawl at the bottom of the screen listing the school closings. There were two little faces staring at the screen to see if their school district would pop up. Alas not and they had to finish getting ready and eat breakfast and at 7 grandma hauled them off to school. My grandson said something cute while eating breakfast: "Can we stay here next week too? It's not as "chaos" in the morning as our house.

Not much on the agenda for today. I am feeling better, still coughing a bit but nothing like before and I am sleeping the whole night. I like it. Hopefully, no more seizures this week and I can lower this medication level. I feel like a character from a Cheech and Chong movie or skit.

Have a great Friday and a fantastic weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. It's sunny here this morning. We've had rain in the evening for several days. I hope the sun will stay around today.

It's going to be busy today as we've got to get the kid ready for departure tomorrow. She's had her month of rest and relaxation. School starts on Monday and it's back to the grind until Spring break.

I hope you all have a good day.
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:30 AM
First Mate

Dreary, wet but incredibly warm in NW Ohio. Close to 60's today and tomorrow. Then, back to January with 40's on Sunday and 30's most of next week.

Not much happening. Same old, same old. Trying to do some research for upcoming cruise. Trying to get year ends done for clients, my businesses and our personal tax work. Neverending fun!

RD - have a good weekend!

Mike - glad to hear you are feeling better, keep it up!

Moiraine - enjoy your last few hours with the DD; then, enjoy the quiet after she leaves!! Been there, done that!

Have a great weekend to all!
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Boy is it cold today!!!!! It's only about 28 right now.........

That IS COLD for us..........

Mike........feel better.....you'll be laying in the sun in notime..........

Y'all have a good day........

Sharon
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Heading into a "deep freeze" in Arizona. Sun is shining brightly, but over the next four days lows at night are going to below freezing, and daytime highs barely in the 50s. Just got our furnace serviced on Mon., so the timing was good, and now we won't freeze at night

NOT weather Arizona folks are used to (and I'm not so in love with it either). And it's gonna mess up my golf schedule until Tues. or Wed.

Presently have cruise friends from Missouri in town visiting, and next week friends from Chicago, and Calgary joining us as well. So, we're back to being busy.
Enjoy your Friday and weekend... and don't catch the Flu
Old January 11th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Admiral

Default Friday, January 10

Good morning. Cold, windy and sunny here. Temp was 32 this morning and rain predictions have been removed.

Donna, I hope you do something fun this weekend.

Mike, I'm glad to hear that you're on the mend.

We returned a couple of Christmas presents yesterday and had a delicious lunch. Traffic going home wasn't bad, either.

Have a nice day, all.

Judy

Old January 11th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Admiral

We have 2 cruised booked for 2013 and may be booking 2 more .We are really addicted.