CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   It's Tuesday! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/394154-its-tuesday.html)

rollerdonna January 15th, 2013 07:32 AM

It's Tuesday!

Morning Mates, a quick hello this morning, I overslept and have to get out on time for aquafitness this morning.
This mild weather has melted most of our snow, but colder temps have come in overnight, so it's a bit icy out there...I'm sick of winter already and it's only mid-January!
Cruise anyone?

donna

Mike M January 15th, 2013 08:09 AM

Good morning everyone.

It's another cold one here in America's Icebox. Actually it isn't too cold. It's only 0F. It is supposed to climb to a balmy +24. It will be time to break out the sunscreen and shorts. ;)

Actually it is time to break out the sunscreen and shorts because today we'll get our clothes out and put in the staging area for Betty to pack. The talking heads are predicting snow for Saturday so we decided to spend Friday night in a hotel that is closer to the airport. That way our SIL won't need to drive us in snow.

Last night Betty and I decided to go to "Buffalo Wild Wings". I think they are a national chain but have only tried one location by my daughter's house. It is basically a Sports Bar that serves chicken wings and they are pretty good. One opened closer to our house and we thought we would give it a try. They definitely need a new "fry boy". The wings were "extremely" overcooked, dried out and drowning in sauce. We sent the first batch back and the second was no better. We talked to the manager and told him that he needs to raise the standards and then went and had Pad Thai. We'll give them another try in a few months and see if they've improved or if they are still open. At least Betty's beer was good. ;)

So today is packing and that's about it.

Donna: I'm also doing my "Aquafitness". I'm lifting my coffee cup to my lips at least 20 times. Hey, coffee is made with water. ;)

I hope everyone has a great day!

Take care,
Mike

Marsdude January 15th, 2013 09:25 AM

Good morning all!

It has warmed up here today to 12 degrees! Wind chill is at -7 with the wind at 12 mph out of the NW.

We installed a Davis weather station up here at the camp and I am having fun with it!

LS80 January 15th, 2013 10:29 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......it's 36 out right now......sure has warmed!!!!

Mike.....I like your idea of aquafitness...... ;)

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon

Lakers Fan January 15th, 2013 11:32 AM

36 and cloudy in Smallville,USA

Moiraine January 15th, 2013 11:44 AM

It's currently 26f and dropping with snow moving in.

Mike, would you and Betty like some company on your cruise? LOL

I've got a load of chores going on today followed by an evening of reading.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

CruisinK n J January 15th, 2013 12:14 PM

It's Tuesday

Good morning. Keith and I spent a cold Monday night sitting on the street for about an hour. We had a flat tire (down to the rim) and needed to call AAA. Well, guess what? Keith forgot to carry his cell phone and mine wouldn't work. A good samaritan gave us a ride home so we could call AAA and get the second car to get the groceries home that needed refrigerating. AAA came about 45 minutes later. I was never so appreciative of my nice warm house!

Today we go to the tire store and maybe AT&T toi look at cell phones.

Judy