CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Lance Armstrong (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/394234-lance-armstrong.html)

Luanne Russo January 20th, 2013 10:14 AM

Lance Armstrong

Is anyone else sick of hearing about this man, and his interview?

Any mom or dad who has had small children have carried out this same interview.:D Did you lie? Why did you do it?

I think someone needs to take away his bikes, and put him in time out, for a long time, so he can think about the ones he hurt. What do you think?

Trip January 20th, 2013 11:00 AM

I consider this bum,a sports terrorist. The people he hurt, took titles away from, and the companies he lied to, should be compensated, but how?

All the lawsuits, may leave him broke, but his sponsors have not been hit hard, it's the friends & colleagues, he has bullied, defamed, and stole titles from, should have been the first he confessed to, not Oprah.

He called people crazy, liars,and, basically gave the finger to the world, without a care. He wanted absolution, what he got was more scorn, deservedly so. Let him ride into the sunset on his bike, minus the yellow jerseys, and his face shamed with red!

I feel bad for the foundation,and the patients who will not benefit from the millions lost.

Off my soap box now;)

Manuel January 20th, 2013 11:53 AM

He is an example of what a person should not be.

A liar, a cheater, a criminal. In other words he is a worthless piece of crap.

TM

Lakers Fan January 20th, 2013 05:02 PM

Why even bother discussing him (in the media ,not this thread) ?

Trip January 20th, 2013 06:05 PM

LF, if this isn't news, I don't know what is, like it or not;( He is up there with the most infamous scam artists in the world..make room Bernie Madoff.:(

He is continuing to deny that he doped in 09/10, and he will till the statute of limitations is up for those years.

Donna January 20th, 2013 06:47 PM

Yep, I have to agree, I think we've all heard enough about him, I had no idea the kind of person he was. Why do people think they can fool the world and yourself and get away with it, rob others of titles that they may have earned, no him....

CruisinK n J January 20th, 2013 08:48 PM

Lance Armstrong

Besides the people he hurt, also shocking was the fact that he felt no guilt of sense of wrong doing. A true sociopath.

Judy

ship2shore January 21st, 2013 09:38 AM

Hes only doing this to get his ban lifted.
If he rides again, we should all pelt him with rotten tomatoes, or worse.

Lakers Fan January 21st, 2013 11:35 AM

Hall of Shame

I nominate Lance Armstrong and Pete Rose for the Hall Of Shame.

Moiraine January 21st, 2013 12:39 PM

I was channel surfing the other day and saw that Pete Rose has a reality tv show now. Personally, I would not want to show my face. Some people have no shame. His girlfriend looks like a barbie doll. She must keep her plastic surgeon busy.

AR January 21st, 2013 01:24 PM

Our older son, Cap'n Matt, was home over the weekend and we were talking about all this. He's got some interesting perspectives, because he's a former college baseball pitcher, college baseball coach for 10 years, is still an avid amateur bicycle racer, participates in numerous bicycle stage races annually, along with the occasional biathlon and triathlon. How he fits all this in with playing bass in his band and flying people around the country I'll never know.

He agrees, of course, that Armstrong is a jerk and a disgrace. I don't know anybody who feels otherwise. He's mostly angry about the degree to which he has hurt others, from the professionals who didn't dope (and lost) all the way down to the amateurs who people now look at suspiciously. In other words, Matt feels he's hurt the entire sport.

More interesting was his mentioning that there is now at least some talk of all the major sports being divided up into separate leagues: one for dopers and one for "straight" participants. I couldn't believe anybody would be serious about this, and he agrees that it will probably never happen, but the idea is being floated on "fairness" grounds.

He also mentioned that the least stringent doping enforcement seems to be in pro football. He believes that there's a direct correlation between the added strength of the doped-up players and the severity of injuries now being sustained--especially the concussion issue that is now all the rage.

And of course at the core of all this is the outsized dollar figures involved at the professional level of every sport.

Trip January 21st, 2013 01:35 PM

I head this morning on GMA, that some libraries in Australia, have moved all Lance's books from non fiction, to the fiction stacks, with a sign stating this fact to their readers!:oops:

ship2shore January 21st, 2013 03:10 PM

I saw a defensive lineman completely fracture his tibula and fibula a few years back during an NFL game. No one fell on his leg; he was playing his position and blocking the rush. The bones simply snapped due to the forces being applied. (No steriods in use there.)

AR January 21st, 2013 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ship2shore (Post 1462116)
I saw a defensive lineman completely fracture his tibula and fibula a few years back during an NFL game. No one fell on his leg; he was playing his position and blocking the rush. The bones simply snapped due to the forces being applied. (No steriods in use there.)

Well, there have always been football injuries. The question is whether it is getting more dangerous with some guys on the juice.

Anyway, as somebody said, a person would have to be on drugs just to sit through the Armstrong interview with Winfrey (which I did not).

ship2shore January 21st, 2013 10:31 PM

Im not a doctor, but I dont think a human being is capable of snapping their own tibula and fibula with normal muscle strength. Thats not a typical sports injury by any stretch.