CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Good Monday Morning From Sea (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/394253-good-monday-morning-sea.html)

Mike M January 21st, 2013 06:38 AM

Good Monday Morning From Sea

Good morning everyone!

It looks like it should be a beautiful sea day here on the Carnival Glory. I am about ready to head upstairs and get some coffee.

We are having a great time and last night's dinner was excellent. The talapia that I had was cooked perfectly and deliciously seasoned.

There was one thing that really impressed me. I asked our waiter, that if it was no trouble, if I could get gluten free bread. We are in Your Time Dining and I know it's hard to keep track of special diets. To my surprise he said "No problem." and a couple of minutes later I had gluten free bread and the Maitre 'd, Tuana was at our table with the next day's menu. She arranged to have gluten free chocolate melting cake available each night for me. Gluten free french toast and eggs benedict available for breakfast and that each night I would be able to see the next night's menu to see what I would like. That's service and something I did not experience on last month's Millennium cruise where questions about gluten were either answered with "Look at the menu" (they do indicate gluten free foods on their menu) or "I don't know". This was a nice touch.

Today is a sea day so we are just going to rest. I am pretty well over my pneumonia but still feel a bit worn out. The scariest thing so far was our trip from the airport to our hotel. We turned the corner onto the street where the hotel was located and heard our luggage shift in the back of the mini-van cab. This caused the rear door to pop open and one suitcase and my CPAP case went flying out and were in the middle of the street. Luckily the cars did not run anything over and my machine was OK. We were lucky it didn't happen on the freeway.

Well, my brain is telling me "COFFEE" so I will wish everyone a good Monday and a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

Donna January 21st, 2013 06:52 AM

Mike,
Wow, that was a close one...May the sunshine and fresh "sea" air make you feel better and stay well....have fun!

Manuel January 21st, 2013 07:19 AM

Mike, enjoy your cruise.

TM

rollerdonna January 21st, 2013 07:21 AM

Morning Mike and all to follow, glad to hear you are onboard and enjoying the food! Nice touch about the gluten-free, I had the same service from Princess last time, handed a menu every night for the next day, and g-f bread delivered to the table each night too.

The sun is shining today, but don't let that fool you, it is COLD! The radio says it is -7C but I think they forgot to add a "2" to that.
I took the dogs out and it sure felt more like -27C!!
I am headed out soon, Emma has a beauty parlour appointment, and I will go walking around the pool in the warmth while I wait for her! Have a good day all!

donna

canuckity January 21st, 2013 08:57 AM

Good morning to all. Mike....I hope you didn't tip the cab driver!

Luanne Russo January 21st, 2013 09:23 AM

Good morning everyone from a beautiful, but chilly Texas. We are suppose to be up in the 50's today, so that should be nice.

Jim is off today, so we are going to spend the day shopping. I am sick of this computer that hates Cruisemates, so I want a smaller, better one.

Mike, I wish I was there. Have a great time, but please try to rest. We don't want you sick again.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne

LS80 January 21st, 2013 10:19 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........warming up some......I'll take it.......

Mike........hope you & Betty are enjoying the warmth!!!!! Glad to hear they are helping you with the gluton free foods......

It's Monday so that means laundry........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon

Aerogirl January 21st, 2013 11:18 AM

Good Morning
Nice to hear from you Mike and glad thing are good.
It is COLD outside! I believe the high today is 9 degrees.
Have a blessed day!

Lakers Fan January 21st, 2013 11:24 AM

Good morning from frigid NY

Trip January 21st, 2013 11:51 AM

Hi Kids,
Chilly willy here, with snow due tonight into tomorrow, buit where I am, we wont get the 8" the coast is supposed to get. Mike, since your home state, is now the new tundra, you are lucky you are relaxingf at sea...Get stronger evry day please!

I just came back from my bead source in Rhode Island,and will shortly be sorting and bagging my goodies. All my FB pals can see the results on my page;)

Where has Ray been lately...RAY, you out there? Check in please.

Make it a good one.

CruisinK n J January 21st, 2013 12:13 PM

Good Morning from Sea

Well, I can't say good morning from the sea, but I can say good morning from Southern CA. It was 81 yesterday. But the end of the week, it will be cold and rainy if the forecast holds.

Laundry today here, too.

Mike, so glad you're feeling better.

Judy

Haimia January 21st, 2013 12:34 PM

Well, like so many of you, we are COLD. 15 at present and this is warmer than tomorrow is to be. A bit of flurries - maybe a dusting, maybe 5 inches - it is a toss up of just wait and see.

Speaking of Cpaps - MikeM. - we will be traveling with one soon for the first time. Do you use the ship's desalinated tap water in yours? We can't hardly bring distilled water with us for two weeks?? Any hints you can give us (besides NOT putting it in the back of the taxi) would be helpful. Continue to get better and enjoy the cruise(s).

Donna, Manuel, Canuckity - hope your day is grand!

RD - our two dogs are getting a Spa day, too. Leaving about 2:45 and picking up clean-smelling dogs about 5:00. Will have to take their coats along as it is COLD!

Luanne - good luck computer shopping

LS80 and CruisinKnJ - enjoy the laundry! :-P

Aerogirl and Lakers Fan - stay warm (or at least try to!!)

Trip - sounds like you will be busy with beads for the day

I won't be in office much today. Grooming dogs, bills to pay and other side stuff to get done. Tomorrow is an office day and then two days of client appointments to keep me busy.

Have a good day to all!

Aerogirl January 21st, 2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruisinK n J (Post 1462093)
Well, I can't say good morning from the sea, but I can say good morning from Southern CA. It was 81 yesterday. But the end of the week, it will be cold and rainy if the forecast holds.

Laundry today here, too.

Mike, so glad you're feeling better.

Judy

Judy I hope it's that nice when I'm there in February! Can't wait for some CA sunshine!!