CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Let's talk, chicken wings (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/394345-lets-talk-chicken-wings.html)

Trip January 25th, 2013 04:57 PM

Let's talk, chicken wings

Since Luanne started a french fry thread, and, this week I heard, there may be a chicken wing shortage for all the super bowl snackers, how do you like yours?

We have a new place opening here soon, called Buffalo Wild Wings, [do you have one near you?] and since I love wings, I can't wait. So, here are some very important questions...flappers, or drummies....wet or dry, hot or mild? What do you like to dip them in?

Once in Big Dady Flannigans in Lauderdale, our eyes watered as the waiter walked by with wings!! Now that's HOT!

http://philadelphia.foobooz.com/file...ickenwings.jpg

Aerogirl January 25th, 2013 05:42 PM

We do have a Buffalo Wild Wings near us and have gone a few time after the movies since it's right next door. I personally am a fan of Hooters for wings and boneless wings. D/H likes them with blue cheese, I like them just the way they come. I like the 3 mile island sauce, they do come in mild, hot, 3 mile island and 911. I know they have added a few other sauces now.

Donna January 25th, 2013 08:04 PM

Trip,
We have a Buffalo Wild Wings in town here, good wings, plus they have mucho sauces, the hotter the better for some. I don't really like mine hot, but you will find some to you liking I'm sure.

Cruznut2 January 25th, 2013 09:01 PM

There is a Buffalo wild Wings near here too. I went once but did not have wings. The only time I ever have wings is when I make my own. A friend took me to a place called "The End Zone" here in Lakeland. I did not order wings but I tried one of my friends and it was terrible as was my sandwich and slaw. So if you are ever in Lakeland looking for wings avoid this place. We have at least 2 Hooters here and a variety of other wing places. Enjoy!.

Laura

CruisinK n J January 25th, 2013 10:08 PM

Let's Talk Chicken Wings

I've never had them.

Judy

Luanne Russo January 25th, 2013 10:18 PM

I also agree with Hooters over wild wings. We go to Hooters, me for the wings, and Jim and Josh......... Okay, they also like the wings.:D

I like mine wet, but mild in the hot department.

OldFartCruiser January 25th, 2013 10:55 PM

There was a time before someone invented buffalo wings that when ordering wings, you would get both halves of the wing. Today order a dozen wings and you get 12 halves. Buffalo wing means 1/2 of a wing. :mad:

O F C'er

Fern January 25th, 2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldFartCruiser (Post 1462597)
There was a time before someone invented buffalo wings that when ordering wings, you would get both halves of the wing. Today order a dozen wings and you get 12 halves. Buffalo wing means 1/2 of a wing. :mad:

O F C'er

I remember when the chicken wing's (along with the backs) were almost given away at the grocery store! My mother would have never bought or served chicken wings or backs for anything other than soup :)!

Yes, I'm old :D!

green_rd January 26th, 2013 02:05 AM

Used to be a place in Port Canaveral called Frankie's. they had nine levels of spicy. The most powerful was Slap Your Mamma. I stuck with #3

Manuel January 29th, 2013 11:43 PM

There are only two wings per chicken. How do manage to come up with so many wings?

TM

green_rd January 30th, 2013 10:06 AM

My father always talks about how the last one to the table got stuck with the wings and doesn't understand why anybody would want one.

rayb January 30th, 2013 10:18 AM

I am having a superbowl party at my house Sunday. Expect to have about 30. Yes we will have 4 flavors of wings. Only way to go.

Donna January 30th, 2013 11:00 AM

Happy Birthday Ray!

LS80 January 30th, 2013 11:05 AM

Happy B-day Ray!!! Wish we could make it to the Super Bowl party Sunday!!!!

Sharon

Trip January 30th, 2013 11:22 AM

Kelly Ripa has never had a wing..I know its hard to believe! She & Michael have a Superbowl bet..if she loses she has to eat some wings on the show!! Should be funny to watch if her team goes down!

Cruznut2 January 31st, 2013 06:02 AM

Happy Birthday Ray, There are more birthday wishes for you in CTC.

Laura

skymaster January 31st, 2013 08:29 AM

Happy Birthday RAY!
I too, GREATLY prefer "HOOTERS" over any others I've tried, and I prefer the "flappers" over the drummies. The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) prefers the drummies, and she wants 'em as HOT as possible. IMO, if they get too hot, you can no longer taste the wing? Just the HOT, HOT, HOT! :mad:

"SKY"

Lakers Fan January 31st, 2013 10:36 AM

I've never eaten this and have no desire to do so.

rayb January 31st, 2013 12:25 PM

Thanks for the Birthday wishes. They gave me another surprise party. All is well and I feel fine at 93.

Deni February 1st, 2013 10:40 PM

We have 5 or 6 buffalo wild wings around here. They used to be call Bw3's. We call it by its nickname B dubs. I like boneless wings much less messier!

Bernie by the sea February 1st, 2013 11:09 PM

Hurricane wings in Florida

There is a chain called HURRICANE wings, 30+ sauces. Wings are good. sandwiches and other stuff too. i personally dont like spicy, but the BBQ and Garlic Parmesan are my favorites. they actually have categories of "hot" and you can mix/match your own.

Trip February 1st, 2013 11:12 PM

Nice to sea you Bernie:)

katlady February 2nd, 2013 12:54 AM

I like sweet heat. We have a Buffalo Wild Wings over this way. I love their Mango Habanero boneless wings.

Mike M February 2nd, 2013 09:00 AM

I had my first Buffalo Wild Wings on New Years Day and I loved them. We stopped at one we have driven by fifty times and finally stopped. The service was terrible (short staffed on the holiday) but the wings were excellent.

A few days later I wanted more and we went to one closer to our house. Their wings were overcooked, dry and tiny. Never going back to that one.

So a couple of days later we tried another one that was about the same distance away and they were GREAT and so was the service.

I've only been to Hooter's twice. Once in Des Moines, Iowa and once in Minneapolis and both times I thought the wings were disgusting. Over cooked and over sauced. I haven't been back in over ten years.

However, like my experience with BWW it can be that each restaurant can be good or bad or a restaurant can be having a bad day.

All in all: I do love Buffalo Wild wings and the regular wings and many of the sauces are gluten free. The boneless wings are breaded and not gluten free.

Take care,
Mike