CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Monday Sunshine (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/394378-monday-sunshine.html)

rollerdonna January 28th, 2013 07:32 AM

Monday Sunshine

Morning Mates, we're starting off the week with some sunshine and slightly warmer temps...thank goodness! Had enough of the deep freeze...:rolleyes:

Well my experiement with a new recipe was not what I expected, although it was tasty and edible, substitution didn't work out so well. Recipe involved ground beef, frozen veggies, cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soup, and chow mein noodles. Discovering the noodles were wheat based, I substituted gluten-free rice noodles, which didn't quite cook through, so they were either rubbery or crunchy. However, it tasted OK, and we are eating the leftovers tonight!
If you want the recipe, I'd be glad to share it, just pm me...

It is Monday, so it is indoor walking day; I'm off to the pool to walk a mile this morning, despite the fact I can hardly walk first thing in the morning. This arthritis in my hip and back is getting worse and worse, but I am trying to keep active, it does help.

Todd, if you're out there, feel better soon!

donna

Mike M January 28th, 2013 09:15 AM

Good morning everyone from sunny Miami.

It's a beautiful day here. We are going accross the street for breakfast as soon as Betty finishes making herself "more" beautiful.

We are going to meet up with a couple of friends on Imagination who booked at the last minute. It should be fun.

In regard to the credit card. It wasn't Carnival's fault. It could have been any time I used the card in the last year. Card numbers and names are bought and sold like a commodity and it's almost impossible to "narrow" it down to a specific place. My daughter's reputation took a hit because someone speculated that she was the one who hacked his credit card and made sure everyone knew about it. Of course it wasn't her but that kind of speculation can hurt a small business.

Well: It's almost time to see what a four day cruise and an outside cabin are like. I wish everyone a great Monday and a wonderful week.

Take care,
Mike

canuckity January 28th, 2013 09:28 AM

Good morning Donna, Mike and all cruisemates. Here in Bradenton it's another sunny day and temps will be going up over the next few days. Wednesday we head back to the cold frozen north to spend February anxiously waiting for our return to Florida in March. Have a good day!

travelgalSue January 28th, 2013 09:30 AM

Beautiful sunny day here in McAllen, Texas! I always loved Texas when I visited here as a kid and love it even more as a grown up. It is very windy here but with temps in the 80's who cares. We've stayed busy the past 2 days, visiting with friends, square dancing, sightseeing and of course shopping! D/H is golfing later this morning so he is one happy guy. I plan on just relaxing in the sunshine while he is gone. Our little dog is doing so good on this trip. It is his first vacation in the car, we usually take him in the motorhome, and he is being a very good boy. We have lucked out and our friends have a lady at their RV resort who will pet sit. She is going to keep our dog on Thurs & Firday for a few hours each day so we can do some sightseeing with our friends.
Mike, have another great cruise!
RD, glad you are seeing sunshine.

Todd, so sorry to hear you are back in the hospital and hope things are better so you get sprung from there.

Everyone have a great day.

Aerogirl January 28th, 2013 10:29 AM

Good Morning
I'm ready for the warm air that's suppose too be arriving today. 50's today 60's tomorrow and then the bottom falls out and back to the cold weather.

Only 19 days to my CA trip I can't wait, I'm in need of palm trees and the ocean.

Donna.... The leftovers might be better today than yesterday.

Mike.... Have a great time....again!

Todd.... Get well soon!xoxox

Lakers Fan January 28th, 2013 10:38 AM

Back from Boston

We returned last evening from our trip to Boston ,Andover as well as a short trip to New Hamshire .

We sampled great restaurants ,got to see an Oscar nominated movie and met some very nice people who are avid cruisers .

This morning its snowing in my part of NY .

LS80 January 28th, 2013 11:02 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........

It's Monday so that means laundry........so much fun.........

Mike........sure you & Betty will have a great time......

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon

Moiraine January 28th, 2013 11:39 AM

I woke up to the news this morning of a death in the family.

Get well, Todd.

CruisinK n J January 28th, 2013 11:41 AM

Monday Sunshine

Good morning. Lots of sunshine instead of rain, but it's still chilly. I look forward to the warmup later in the week.

Just the usual Monday chores here.

Todd, I hope you're doing better.

Judy

Aerogirl January 28th, 2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moiraine (Post 1462756)
I woke up to the news this morning of a death in the family.

Get well, Todd.

Very sorry to hear this.
My condolences to you and your family

Moiraine January 28th, 2013 02:31 PM

Thank you.

Manuel January 28th, 2013 06:01 PM

Moiraine, I send you my condolences. It's allways very sad to lose a loved one.

TM

Moiraine January 28th, 2013 06:16 PM

Thank you TM. It's a sad day.

Lakers Fan January 28th, 2013 06:27 PM

I just read this ,Moraine .Sorry for your loss.

CruisinK n J January 28th, 2013 07:40 PM

Monday Sunshine

Moraine, I neglected to add my condolences. A very difficult time for you.

Judy

Moiraine January 28th, 2013 09:07 PM

Thank you guys.