CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (
-   -   Snowy Saturday (

rollerdonna February 2nd, 2013 09:12 AM

Snowy Saturday
Morning Mates, we are getting some unexpected snow this morning, so I would imagine that our local groundhog Shubenacadie Sam will be staying inside his burrow for another 6 weeks...:rolleyes:
I just talked to a friend about 25 mins. away and she says it is green and sunny where she is, yet I just watched a snowplow go by spewing snow and salt in its wake....weird...

Wanted to share this photo with you this morning....if you remember, when we brought Griffin home 4 months ago, Lucy the cat stayed on top of the kitchen cupboards for a whole week, then spent the next few months carefully avoiding him. Now, they play chase every day (she teases him but never lets him catch her) and at night, they curl up on the bed together. Friends at last!

Mike M February 2nd, 2013 09:51 AM

Good morning everyone.

I'm back to reality after two weeks of R&R. We had a great time on Glory and Imagination. I did a "brain dump" on the Carnival board so you can check that out.

We arrived home to about 1.5" of snow so I had to blow snow in +1F temps. It was about 60 degrees cooler than it was when we left Florida but it sort of felt good. I guess I'm weird.

We bit the bullet and unpacked everything last night so we'll need to make a run to the cleaners and also to the bank to deposit my ill gotten gains from the cruise.

Otherwise there isn't too much on the agenda. The grandkids have come down with this flu so we won't be seeing them this weekend. We will have them next Thursday - Sunday when my daughter conducts a seminar in Washington so we can get by until then. We are seriously thinking about heading out on the 11th to visit my brothers in Dallas and Phoenix. I'll have to drop by Kuki's place to see if he'll allow me in. ;)

I hope everyone has a great day and wonderful weekend.

Donna: I wonder what evil deed Lucy is planning on Griffin? :)

Take care,

rollerdonna February 2nd, 2013 10:04 AM

Donna: I wonder what evil deed Lucy is planning on Griffin? :)
Mike, probably a swat upside the head like she does to him every day. She'll play, but she won't let him any closer than swatting distance!

Manuel February 2nd, 2013 10:18 AM

Good morning Mates

That is a cute picture RD.

Mike I'm glad that you had those nice cruises. It is weird that you like the cold. LOL.. My wife could never handle it and it's much nicer to have her live in the Florida sunshine.

Have a nice weekend folks.

Aerogirl February 2nd, 2013 11:42 AM

Good Morning

We too had snow overnight not to much maybe an 1 1/2 inches but from what they say another "snow event" later tonight, I love all the word these weather people now use.

Welcome home Mike....I look forward to reading your review when I done here.

Have a great day folks!

LS80 February 2nd, 2013 12:51 PM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........still warming here.....suppose to be in the mid 50's........

Mike.......welcome home......cold weather can be nice........... ;)

Y'all have a good day............

CruisinK n J February 2nd, 2013 01:27 PM

Snowy Saturday
Good morning. Well, it's not Minnesota cold here, but it's chilly and overcast.

Keith has the flu and didn't go to Riverside today.

We spent Thursday night at the Hyatt Regency in Newport Beach. They gave us a newly renovated room with a glimpse of the Back Bay and yachts in the distance. Most of you travel a lot more than I do, so you'll probably call me naive at what I call REALLY updated.

We stayed in the main building which is quite old. That means you hear everything. The hotel cut night noise down by eliminating night noise with non-slamming entry doors and putting closet and bathroom doors on very quiet runners. A new safety feature: if you get up during the night, the minute you swing your legs over the bed a small floor light embedded in the night stand (an LED, I guess) comes on for about 30 seconds to guide your way. That was a surprise!

Food was delish and expensive. We took a beautiful ocean drive down to Laguna Beach. The whole day is our Valentine's Day gift.

Lakers Fan February 2nd, 2013 04:34 PM

Sunny but very cold with snow predicted for this evening .