CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Such A Kind Man!.......Yeah Right! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/394469-such-kind-man-yeah-right.html)

Cruznut2 February 3rd, 2013 05:28 PM

Such A Kind Man!.......Yeah Right!

This showed up in my email yesterday. I know it is not "for real". If it were we would all be cruising!

Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 6:26 PM
To: Nadia Moretto
Subject:

My wife Violet and I Allen Large won $11.3 million in a lottery 6-49 in July, 2010 and we have decided to donate the sum of $2,000,000.00 USD to you. Contact us via our personal email for more details ( allviolarg@rogers.com ). You can verify our story by visiting the web page below. N.S. couple gives away $11M in lottery winnings | CTV News

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.

Laura

green_rd February 3rd, 2013 05:43 PM

Swell fellow

Donna February 3rd, 2013 07:11 PM

Wow, how nice if it were true....

Mike M February 3rd, 2013 08:11 PM

I hope you just hit "delete" to this email.

Take care,
Mike

ship2shore February 3rd, 2013 11:26 PM

That is a true story about the couple. However....

I guess the scammer didnt read his own scam copy:
They only have about 2% left, as of 2010....

katlady February 4th, 2013 12:28 AM

I have won the lotto, had people needed transfer their money to me (do to civil unrest in their) and/or had deceased distance relatives want to leave me huge sums of money. I was thinking of starting a collection or scam e-mails. You got an interesting one is the low down from a blogger how records these different scams.
The Bogus Barrister: Allan and Violet Large Scam

Quote:

Allan and Violet Large Scam

Allen and Violet Large are an elderly couple from Canada. They really did win the lottery and yes they did give away their winnings to various charities last year. The problem here is that Nigerian scammers are impersonating them with this scam letter.

katlady February 4th, 2013 12:32 AM

BTW this is one I have gotten:
The Bogus Barrister: About Your Late Uncle Inheritance robertbandyesq@yahoo.com

Quote:

About Your Late Uncle Inheritance
I am Robert Bandy attorney to late Mr. Richard , who died in a car crash in London with his family on November 5th 2001.He left behind a deposit of (9.8million GBP) for you and you have the same last name with my late client who was a citizen of the State, So I believe you are related to him. Your consent is needed by me to present you as the next of kin to the Bank to inherit his fortune. I have all documents that would give you all the legal right to claim this money which belong to your uncle, After a little check my instinct tells me to contact you. Can I trust you on this. Send me your telephone number so that we can discuss on this transaction.
I have tracked me family tree and no stems are in the England. We branch off in Portugal and Hawaii. Oddly enought no lost relatives with cash for me those areas.

Lakers Fan February 4th, 2013 10:13 AM

Nobody should open these e-mails