CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Wednesday Wakeup (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/394525-wednesday-wakeup.html)

rollerdonna February 6th, 2013 09:12 AM

Wednesday Wakeup

Morning Mates, what's with the ressurection of old posts? I did not just get a new mattress, in fact I canèt remember when we got the thing it was so long ago!

We are having another deep freeze, around -16 windchill, with some snow forecast for tonight. It better not interfere with trivia night!

We are also expecting up to 30 cms over Friday into Saturday... add to the 30 cms we got this past weekend. Geez, Ièm ready for a cruise!

donna

Trip February 6th, 2013 09:37 AM

Hi Kids,
A light skim of snow on the trees today,but what's coming Friday,will be the big one,or so they say. I will get to the supermarket tomorrow, for the infamous bread and milk!

Donna, your mattress is about 8 or 9 years old, according to your old post,and according to a commercial for a local furniture chain running here now, your bed has doubled in weight, with all the "stuff" you don"t want to think about!

It's hard to believe we are coming up on a year since our "epic", Epic cruise, where Bruce was disembarked in St Thomas, and, with tests done there, found out he had kidney cancer. Well, according to recent test results, there is no sign of any cancer, so, our bad cruise, was a blessing in disguise. Greatful does not even begin to say how we feel.

I need to go get an oil change, but I don't want to move, so......Make it a good one.

Lakers Fan February 6th, 2013 10:11 AM

Good news re your hubby ,Linda .

Mike M February 6th, 2013 11:11 AM

Good morning everyone!

It is a cloudy day here in Minnesota with 2 to 7 inches forecast for this afternoon and tonight. We are supposedly on the line between a light snow and SNOWMAGEDDON. Oh boy, I get to play with my snowblower again. :)

There is nothing on the agenda for today except washing the bed linen and vacuuming. Our grandpuppy is staying with us for a few days and she is taking me back to the old days with clumps of dog hair on the carpet. I do miss having a dog in the house but I sure don't miss the hair.

Linda enjoy your oil change. I also have to get mine changed. I'm wondering if I should go to KFC or Long John Silver's. ;)

I wish everyone a great day.

Take care,
Mike

rollerdonna February 6th, 2013 11:21 AM

That IS good news Trip, (((HUGS))) for you and Bruce!

donna

LS80 February 6th, 2013 11:52 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

No snow here.......Mike you can keep it..... ;)

Trip......hard to believe it's been a whole year.........

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon

Aerogirl February 6th, 2013 12:16 PM

Good Morning
A sunny and warmer day today with temps in the mid 30's.
Trip...That's wonderful news, however I wonder why it took a year to find out there was no cancer?

I have a few errands to run but not much else.

Have a blessed day!

Trip February 6th, 2013 12:56 PM

Robin, in St Thomas they took the tests, but we didn't know till we got home, and our dr had read the diagnostics, that Bruce had kidney cancer. The kidney was removed in May, along with the cancer. He then had a hernia in the same general area and that was removed. phewww. Been a year of lots of drs appts.

So, he is cancer free, according to the recent test results.

CruisinK n J February 6th, 2013 01:46 PM

Wednesday Wakeup

A late good morning to you all.

Keith's doctor put a name on the bug: norovirus, so I guess that's what I have, too. I am on the mend but still feeling a bit "ishy," as my dad used to say.

No plans for me today, except some small house things. The big house things will have to wait. I am so far behind! . . .

Have a good day!

Judy

Trip February 6th, 2013 01:52 PM

Oh the cruise ship illness...:rolleyes: feel better...

Aerogirl February 6th, 2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1463615)
Robin, in St Thomas they took the tests, but we didn't know till we got home, and our dr had read the diagnostics, that Bruce had kidney cancer. The kidney was removed in May, along with the cancer. He then had a hernia in the same general area and that was removed. phewww. Been a year of lots of drs appts.

So, he is cancer free, according to the recent test results.

You know I do remember you posting this, I'm sorry. Not even 50 yet I I'm forgetful:shock:
I'm so thrilled that all is well with him, God bless! xoxo