CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Thursday Brrrrrrr! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/394542-thursday-brrrrrrr.html)

rollerdonna February 7th, 2013 08:41 AM

Thursday Brrrrrrr!

Morning Mates, windchill is -27C and a Big Storm with approximately 50 cms is on its way. What can I say, it's February in the Maritimes!
Meanwhile, life goes on, Aquafitness this morning, work this afternoon, and stocking up for being snowed in the next 2 days...
Have a good one!

donna

Trip February 7th, 2013 10:12 AM

Hi Kids,
It's a comin, a bad one is a comin! This week marks the 35th anniversary of the infamous Blizzard of 78,and so to mark it, we are having another blizzard! We will have a mini version of it though, and, since we are getting the brunt of it here, we are expecting at least two feet of snow!! Next week, temps in the 40's...:)

Today I am having lunch with another jewelry designer. It will be nice to talk shop. She gifted me with a beauty of a bracelet..I envy her techniques!

Then comes food shopping,and I hope I don't have to kill anyone over some bread and, milk!

We will be hunkering down till Saturday, and hopefully will not lose power..in hurricane season, at least it's warm, with a blizzard I may have 4 coats on!

Stay safe,and make it a good one.

Manuel February 7th, 2013 10:40 AM

Good morning Mates

No blizzards or cold weather here. We are visiting Disney in Orlando and the weather is just fine.

Have a nice day folks.

TM

Moiraine February 7th, 2013 10:56 AM

Good morning mates. I've been dealing with my mom. She was supposed to move in with me this weekend. Instead she had emergency surgery. She is doing pretty good now although she's being a PITA. She should get out of the hospital this weekend.

Lakers Fan February 7th, 2013 11:11 AM

Snowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Snow is predicted here for tomorrow and reports have it as anywhere between 3" and 29 " . I've been told that the last major snowfall here was in 1992 .

LS80 February 7th, 2013 11:13 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......lows in the upper 30's......I'll take it.........

Trip..........keep warm.......& don't hurt too many people for the bread & milk....... ;)

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon

CruisinK n J February 7th, 2013 01:01 PM

Thursday Brrrrr

Good morning. Not too warm here, either, but the sun is shining.

I think I mentioned that when Keith was in the hospital, they did a CAT scan and found a spot on his bladder. Tomorrow he will have a sonogram. Please pray that the results will be good. I am worried, and CruiseMates prayers always seem to get good results.

Many thanks!

Judy

Moiraine February 7th, 2013 01:25 PM

Judy, sending out good thoughts for you and Keith. I hope all goes well.

I hope all in the path of the snowstorm will stay warm and safe.

Aerogirl February 7th, 2013 01:29 PM

Freezing rain here as of now but they are saying snow 3 to 6 inches is on the way.

Judy...Keeping positive thought for Keith!
Manuel...Have fun, I love Disney. I'll be it Disneyland on the 18th!
Trip...Be cozy and ride it out with a good book and your favorite hot tea!

rayb February 7th, 2013 03:42 PM

come see me

Manuel, if you are still in Orlando come see me. give me a call.

balabusta February 7th, 2013 03:53 PM

So sorry to hear about the upcoming "blizzard" in the northeast! Thoughts and prayers go out to our fellow cruisemates that live in this part of the country! I have not been on cruisemates in awhile. From January 20th until six days later, Rob and I were timesharing in Hershey, Pa. Of course we took the tour and then went to the downtown part of Hershey to learn about the history of the company. The next day we walked around Lancaster, stopping at the city market to browse and have some lunch. In the afternoon we visited the Herr's Potato Factory and really enjoyed the free samples. The following day, we hit the Snyder's and Utz Potato Chip factories; more great free samples. It was on to Gettysburg the following day; a sad reminder of what our country went through. The last day we stayed around Hershey, touring and auto museum, shopping and eating lunch at the city market, and then going to a wine tasting at the Cullari Winery. Two days after our trip, I was in pain and needed "root canal" work. I am finally feeling better!

Lakers Fan February 7th, 2013 06:37 PM

My area which is surrounded by water on 3 sides may face a mandatory evacuation should the blizzard reach here tomorrow.