Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default John Travolta - Cruise Gossip

John Travolta - Cruise Gossip

John Travolta has a dispute with a cruise ship employee, but manages to settle the case

John Travolta settles
his case with Fabian

The big gossip news in the cruise industry this week is that the case brought by a former Royal Caribbean crew member against mega-movie star John Travolta has been "dropped" with no news of the details forthcoming.

The Hollywood Reporter (a regular movie industry trade newspaper) reported that Fabian Zanzi, a crew member aboard the Royal Caribbean ship (frankly we are not sure if he was the phone attendant at the room service desk, a room steward, or a shipboard masseuse) Enchantment of the Seas, accused John Travolta of dropping his robe so he was fully naked and "forcefully embraced" him.

Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Admiral

Some people are huggers. A non-celebrity female co-worker went to a massage school for an inexpensive massage. At the end the masseuse wanted a hug - she didn't think that was going to happen.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Admiral

I have a friend who worked as a Massage Therapist in a Chiropractors office .The DC wanted the MT to engage in other activities as well.
Old February 8th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Administrator
Admiral

My wife is a massage therapist for 30+ years and has only had one bad incident her entire career. She has had clients like Charles Barkley and John McEnroe.

The vast majority of people know real massage therapists are legit.

Somehow Travolta either has a "sickness" or he is gay and misread the "signals" the guy gave to him. Or it was all lies.
Old February 8th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Admiral

I think it's time John comes out of the closet......this day and age who cares!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old February 9th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Admiral

Default Travolta/McEnroe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
My wife is a massage therapist for 30+ years and has only had one bad incident her entire career. She has had clients like Charles Barkley and John McEnroe.

The vast majority of people know real massage therapists are legit.

Somehow Travolta either has a "sickness" or he is gay and misread the "signals" the guy gave to him. Or it was all lies.

Travolta will never exit the closet ,he has too much to lose .

One of my former co-workers and her then husband were good friends of John McEnroe .I inquired as to whether his personality away from the tennis courts is different and she said ,absolutely not .
Old February 12th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default John is BI?

So JT is probably bi-sexual. Who cares? He is an accomplished actor and apparently a loving father. His wife has voiced no complaints. His biggest problem with 'coming out' would no doubt be with the Church of Scientology. THAT affiliation concerns me more than his sexual orientation!!
Old February 15th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Fan View Post
[
One of my former co-workers and her then husband were good friends of John McEnroe .I inquired as to whether his personality away from the tennis courts is different and she said ,absolutely not .
My wife could also verify that. he was two hours late, did not apologize, was rude in talking to her and left no tip.

My wife's experience with sports stars and massages is that they are so used to getting free stuff from companies that they almost expect everything to be free.
Old April 9th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Fan View Post
Travolta will never exit the closet ,he has too much to lose .

I do not think that statement is true. It did not hurt Ellen at all as far as I can see. Yes her sitcom was canceled-but it was not very good. Her talk show is great. Look at Elton John,no one cares, and that is true of many other celebrities-if they have real talent-no one cares.

The days of Rock Hudson and the prejudice he faced are from over 20 years ago.

However, anyone making unsoilicated sexual advances on anyone male or female, gay or straight, I consider that person is a jerk. Besides the fact that sexual harrassment is illegal, which means they are breaking the law.

As to whether JT made advances-I will give him the benefit of the doubt for now-too may sue-happy people around and people do target the wealthy and famous. I do know many years ago all the tabloids said he was gay for a few months and then you heard nothing for many years. I amsure any good googler could find that out and resurrect that inorder to use "sexual harassment" to get money.

I do wonder why JT took a crusie on a mainstreamline. surely he could afford a better line or even rent a yacht, if not buy one. That is the part that does not compute for me.

I also read that Demi Moore and Ashton Knutcher liked 3-somes with another girl. The reason they divorced was he started an open well pubilized affair with one of their lovers. (minus Demi I guess) Their popularity has not been hurt that I can see. As far as me, I never liked those 2 in the first place-or Bruce Willis. Anyway, maybe that is just the ways of Hollywood.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Silhouette November 23, 2014
Old April 9th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Administrator
Admiral

rumors of celebrities being gay just pop up all the time... who hasn't it happened to, except John Wayne?

No one cares, in my opinion, whether they are or not.
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Admiral

Default John Wayne

Quote:
rumors of celebrities being gay just pop up all the time... who hasn't it happened to, except John Wayne?

Back in the 50's there were a lot of rumors about Wayne being gay ,the term at the time was homosexual.
Old April 11th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Quote:

If they are it is their business-unless they rape or sexually harass someone. As far as I am concerned that is true of both straight and gay.

I have now achieved-
ONE HUNDRED DAYS ON A CRUISE SHIP!!!!!!!!!!
139 days total

Booked: Celebrity Silhouette November 23, 2014
Old April 11th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Admiral

Default Not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg View Post
If they are it is their business-unless they rape or sexually harass someone. As far as I am concerned that is true of both straight and gay.

When you are in show business your life sells publications .

I have a cousin who is a well known singer ,comedienne and actress . She gets more publicity about the fact that she has been married 5 times than her career .