Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2013, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Default Friday - the Calm Before the Storm!

Morning Mates, it is a beautiful sunny morning here in Pictou County, you would never suspect that "Snowmaggedon" is on its way...
The windchill however is at -31C this morning, which is about 23 below 0 F. It is supposed to warm up as the snow moves in tonight.
We are expecting 35-45 cms in our area of North Eastern Nova Scotia.
We've got the Coleman stove and the flashlights and candles ready, just in case!

Judy, here's hoping Keith is doing better today and that the news is good...

donna
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Admiral

We have 20 flashlights ,however ,we are in an evacuation zone .Unlike Sandy there is no place safe to go to .
Old February 8th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Well, they are frightening the bejesus out of us in this part of the world, and there is no where to run or hide, except under my covers.

We food shopped yesterday,and while it was busy, think: I was 84 for the deli,and they were calling 48 kind of busy, everything we needed we got, with no problem.

Bruce went out to get gas,and encountered no gas in several stations. We have charged everything under the sun, and my kindle and books are at the ready, as well as a small tv....all I can say is OY!

If I could wrinkle my nose, it would be next week, with the 49 degree temps they are predicting, and half the snow has melted. We have not had a "blizzard" since 2009 they are saying....think they are liars.

Make it a good one,and we're goiing to try to!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 8th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Admiral

Good Morning
I think it's their job to scare people, I know it's a lot of snow but come on weather people. Let's just hope people don't loose power,that's when it becomes a bad situation but as long as your safe at home with food and heat I think people will survive. Stay Safe!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old February 8th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........

Thinking of y'all in the east......stay warm & safe!!!!!

Nothing exciting here with the weather.....just same ole same ole......

Y'all have a good day......as good as can be........

Sharon
Old February 8th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Default Friday, the Calm before the Storm

Good morning. Well, it is the calm before the rain, nothing like that people are expecting back East.

Keith goes for his sonogram this morning. Hoping for good news.

Nothing else on the slate. Take care and stay safe.

Judy
Old February 8th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Administrator
Admiral

We are also preparing for "Snowmageddon '13 - This Time It's Personal".

We are expecting anywhere from 7" to 14" of snow tomorrow and Sunday. It all depends on the line between snow and rain. I hope the front pushes a little farther north and we just end up with some rain or it moves farther south and we get a dryer snow. The slushy stuff is a PIA to blow and is a killer to shovel.

We have the grandkids this weekend so we did hit the grocery store to make sure we have plenty of "stuff" for the kids.

Betty and I are waiting until the kids leave. Our case of Hogs Breath Bloody Mary mix arrived yesterday. We ordered it when we were in Key West. After the kids leave it's party time. It is really good.

Today is sort of "tax day" for me. I have to go over to my son's and do his taxes for him. That should take about twenty minutes. If he has the documentation I told him to get.

Donna: Careful with the Coleman stove indoors. Make sure it's ventilated.

I hope everyone stays safe and warm and don't hurt yourself shoveling.

All the best wishes and thoughts for Keith.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me

Last edited by Mike M; February 8th, 2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old February 8th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning (afternoon for some) cruisemates!

I've been "missing in action" for a few weeks. Life has been busy, and nonsensical issues to deal with. Hoping all that "stuff" is falling into place.

Weather in Arizona has been interesting. In the month of Jan. we had one day of record cold, one day of record heat, and one day of record rain.

This past week has been beautiful, with temps in the 70s. But a cold front, with more rain likely, moving in for this weekend. No snowmegedon though.

I've been taking out my frustrtations on plenty of golf balls, and next week have a bunch of friends coming to town, so there'll probably be more of that in my future.

I have to start taking pictures of some of the spectacular golf courses I've managed to play here. It's a good thing making friends with people who are members at private courses

Hope all those in the northeast survive the coming snowstorm safely, and thinking good thoughts for Keith.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 8th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Admiral

Thoughts and prayers go out to my fellow cruisemates who are, or will, be affected by the "upcoming" snowstorm. Just make sure that you have stocked up on canned goods, water, gas, flashlights, and any needed medications. It rained "cats and dogs" in Virginia Beach this morning but cleared up, and was "sunny" in the afternoon. Right now I have taken a "leave of absence" from work because my right jaw is still swollen from the root canal work I had a week-and-a-half ago.
Old February 8th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to belgique

Apologies from Northern Michigan for sending that nasty weather East. Keep safe and warm and don't go out! It's -9F right now, but clear skies after a good 14" dump of snow last night. Roads already clear.

Definition of a flashlight in my house: "A cylinder used to store dead batteries". I have dozens of them. Always mean to change my ways, but just buy new ones.

TV News from the east doesn't look promising, so keep us posted on your situation!