Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Tour Options

Hi,

Can anyone provide links for local tour taxi guides for E Med Cruise , Venice, Rome, and Barcelona .

Im on R Car but I can save some by using local port tour operators , so any links ?

Also on Splendour of the Seas....re Alcohol...can Budweiser be got and does anyone know what a pint or litre of same would be.....how about a glass of wine ect....does a drinks menu exist.....can specialty dining menus costs be viewed before travelling to aid planning on sitting and budgets?

Thank you,

fonaspin

Last edited by fonaspin; February 10th, 2013 at 07:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2013, 12:49 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonaspin View Post
Hi,

Can anyone provide links for local tour taxi guides for E Med Cruise , Venice, Rome, and Barcelona .

Im on R Car but I can save some by using local port tour operators , so any links ?

Also on Splendour of the Seas....re Alcohol...can Budweiser be got and does anyone know what a pint or litre of same would be.....how about a glass of wine ect....does a drinks menu exist.....can specialty dining menus costs be viewed before travelling to aid planning on sitting and budgets?

Thank you,

fonaspin
I haven't been to Barcelona but I have been to Rome and Venice. Also I haven't been on the Splendour of the Seas so I can't answer questions on that sorry. Here is some information on Venice and Rome.

In Venice
I highly recommend the Venice connected cards.

You can get water bus pass that will take you all over Venice and to Murano and Burano. In less you need passage to and from the airport I would skip that cards that include Airport transfer bus one way
Calendar of Tourism Seasonality in Venice | www.veniceconnected.com
Side note on water buses no one waits in line they just kind of push thier way onto the water buses. It drove my hubby crazy, but I thought it was fun.

Then there is a second card that is a museum card and it includes passes to different museums includes: Doge's Palace, Museo Correr, Museo Archeologico Nazionale, Monumental Rooms of the Biblioteca Nazionale Marciana, Ca' Rezzonico - Museum of 18th-Century Art, Museum of Palazzo Mocenigo, Carlo Goldoni's House, Ca' Pesaro, Internazional Gallery of Modern Art + Oriental Art Museum, Glass Museum - Murano, Museum of Natural History and Lace Museum - Burano .

There is also a third card for the restrooms. In Italy they charge to use the public toilets.

For Rome if you see the Vatican you can book that directly. They have guided tours here is a link to that information.

Guided tours

I have heard the Archaelogical tours are remarkable but I didn't do one of these tours. If you get claustrophobic those tours are not recommend. the normal tour is the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel I did do this tour and it's amazing but there is a lot of walking involved.

Also you can take the metro to the train station Termini and go on the hop on hop off bus. We did this one. Rome Hop-on Hop-off Double Decker Bus Tour - Rome | Viator
You don't have to buy these tickets ahead of time you can just go to the main train station, purchase the tickets and catch the bus. They have headphones that explain everything you are seeing. It's a double decker bus I stayed upstairs were the views were better.

The cruise ship will stop in Civitavecchia and not Rome. This is about an hour to an hour and a 1/2 from Rome. Here is some helpful information regarding travel by train to Rome from Civitavecchia.
Civitavecchia to Rome by Train - Rome for Visitors

The metro is your best way to get around Rome. Here is a how to guide on the metro. How to Use the Metro in Rome | eHow.com
Here is a map of the metro. Rome.info > Rome metro map - Italy I hope this helps your. Have a great time.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old February 19th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Reply

Hi katlady,

Many thanks for taking the time. The links are great thank you. I look forward also to the adventure.

Nice to know you, I will respond in due course.

fonaspin
Old February 20th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonaspin View Post
Hi katlady,

Many thanks for taking the time. The links are great thank you. I look forward also to the adventure.

Nice to know you, I will respond in due course.

fonaspin
I'm happy to help.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994