Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2013, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Default Friday! Friday! Friday!

Morning Mates, it's snowing for a change here in Pictou County, most likely flurries or freezing rain all day....oh how I wish for the sun and the beach....

Ended up not babysitting last night, the hospital released the patient with his broken hip and a walker. He was not ready to go, but he is glad to be home.

I'm off to aquafitness, then the hairdresser, then work. Tonight I will put my feet up and enjoy the weekend!

donna
Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
First Mate

Happy Friday back at you Donna and all other cruisemates to follow,

The weather here is overcast but the sun is supposed to break out a little bit later, which is good cause I love a sunny bright room when I'm am doing cruise ironing (the only time I iron is when it's for a cruise!!).

I can't believe it's only 2 more sleeps til we're on our way....we're going down I75 through Detroit, which is almost 4 and a half hours from here, to Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee(hi to Todd on the way through) Georgia and then finally Florida to St.Petersburg.....I am really excited to be seeing different states on our drive down, have been to Michigan quite a bit to Detroit with my family wayyyyy back when I was a kid..I just didn't want anyone from Michigan to feel like I left them out of my driving"itinerary".

Well better get going and thanks for all the good wishes yesterday everyone....and hopefully I'll remember to say hi to IZZY from you Donna, Lakers Fan(real name is???) and Manuel.

Take care and might not be posting again til we get home.

Gail
Comet Cruiser

Old February 22nd, 2013, 09:36 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from the white and fluffy state of Minnesota. It is Snowpacolypse Dujour. We are expecting something around 6". So far we've had around 3. That's what it looked like when I blew the driveway.

Nothing on the agenda for today other than "husband work." I'll do some laundry, dusting and change the sheets in preparation for next weeks visit from my brother. Next Thursday we head out for the annual guy's fishing trip to Lake Winnebigosh. I got everything ready on Wednesday but I was irritated that I wasn't paying attention to my ice auger and it fell over on the concrete driveway. The fall broke the choke lever and the only way to fix it is to buy a new gas tank for it. I love that type of engineering. The thing is about twenty years old and I didn't think I would find a replacement tank for it. Sure enough I found one and it was from a place less than five miles from here. We went and picked it up, paid them $20 and all is well.

Donna: I hope your snow and rain and sleet subside and blue skies and warm temps are in your future. If not, just start drinking.

Gail: Have a great time on your cruise. There is nothing better than escaping the cold and cruising the Caribbean.

To all: Have a great Friday and make it a good weekend.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:15 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! Present temp.. 42 , but heading to sunny and 65. Mornings still too cool to enjoy my coffee on my patio perch, but by next week the overnight lows rise, and I should be back on "my perch".

Mrs. Kuki had art class yesterday afternoon, so it was my job to make dinner. That normally translates to me going through the In N Out burger drive-thru, but last night I actually cooked. And we are both still here this morning.

After a bunch of nonsensical bureucratic delays my mother and her filiipino care-giver are finally coming to Arizona on Sunday. Will have to run over and dust her condo in preparation over the next few days.

BUT... it's sunny today, so I'm headed to the golf course.

The other day at the golf course someone asked me if my wife golfs. I said... gee, I don't know. I've never asked her
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning mates. Going to be a busy day. Mom will be arriving tomorrow. I've got to put the finishing touches on her room today. I was not expecting her for another week.

We finally have a bit of sun here although it's cold. I wish I was in the Caribbean on a beach. Oh well. I'll be there again.

Have a good day all.
Old February 22nd, 2013, 10:16 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

No white stuff here........just some rain......

Mike.....glad ya could find a new gas tank & it wasn't a arm & leg.........

Gail........have a great drive & enjoy your cruise..........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old February 22nd, 2013, 11:42 AM
Admiral

Good Morning
Woke up to some snow this morning somewhere around 5 inches I'm guessing.
Have a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old February 22nd, 2013, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Default Friday! Friday!Friday!

Good morning. Cold, windy and sunny here in SoCal.

Keith and I attended a play yesterday called "Backbeat." It was the story of how the Beatles came to be. The only play I've ever seen where the encore was the best part. That consisted of five or six well known Beatles songs.

Today is gym day. I am still trying to get caught up from when I was sick for a week.

The best news yesterday was a call from Keith's doctor telling us that the sonogram didn't show anything serious. It certainly could have been a lot worse. The celebration will commence on Sunday!

Have a good day!

Judy