Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Default Beautiful Tuesday

Good morning Mates

It's such a nice morning here. The sky is a perfect blue and the sun is shining with full power.

I have no excuse not to do some work outside.

Have a great day folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Admiral

Morning TM and all who follow. I'm up and got some of the housework finished. I'm about to walk the dog while mom washes dishes. We had rain overnight but the clouds are clearing. I finished a book last night and will start the next one in the series today. I hope you all have a good day.
Old March 5th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Admiral

The sky is a perfect blue here but it is 37 degrees and a coastal flood watch is expected for tomorrow.
Old March 5th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Admiral

Good late morning everyone, when I woke up it looked like it might be a clear day....NOT!
It is now slowing like a blizzard out there, not supposed to last, but messy all the same. I am SO ready to get away somewhere warm!

Been to aquafitness already, time to relax before lunch and off to work....Hoping to win the lottery so we can go away next week and never have to work again....

donna
Old March 5th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........30's out now.....up to the low 40's......a little rain.......better for the weekend.......

Not much going on here.......

Y'all have a good day......

Sharon
Old March 5th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Good Morning
Snow, snow go away, looks as if the weather people are right this time on the amount of snow were getting ....10 inches+

I decided to start weight watchers today with a 20lb goal in mind, wish me luck!

Have a good day kids!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 5th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Admiral

Default Beautiful Tuesday

Good morning. Another overcast morning which will blossom into a sunny day later. Rain is predicted anytime between Wednesday and
Saturday.

My doctor told me yesterday that I have carpel tunnel syndrome. I plan to do nothing about it because Keith needs knee replacement surgery but doesn't want to do it. That's probably a good year in recovery. We can't both be disabled.

I see I have a new book in my Kindle.

Have a nice day.

Judy
Old March 5th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

To paraphrase Dickens: "It's been the best of times. It's been the worst of times."

I returned yesterday from our annual ice fishing trip. We caught a large number of fish but we paid the price. It started on Saturday. My brother almost ripped his thumb off when his mitten caught in the handle of the motorized ice auger and the auger twisted in the thick ice. It was a freak accident. He has drilled literally thousands of holes and nothing like this has ever happened. "Luckily", if you can call it that, he only sustained a broken thumb, above the middle joint, loss of the nail and sprained ligaments. He's in a cast now and will see his orthopedic tomorrow.

The next day: Good old me severely strained my intercostal muscles on my right side while chopping ice. That was another trip to the ER where my other brother, who had already taken one brother to the ER, was on a first name basis with the small staff. I was given morphine and torodol and given instructions to rest and not lift for three weeks. That wasn't the end of it. That night for dinner one of the party made dinner. He brought venison stew and rice. He assured me that the stew had no flour in it and was gluten free. I didn't even ask about the rice. Long story short, five hours later I thought I was going to die. Upon further investigation it was discovered that: 1. The guy's wife had made the stew and yes, it did contain flour and, 2. The "instant rice" was a cheap store brand that was coated with modified food starch made from flour. I had eaten a large amount of the rice. I am now just getting over the reaction and it's been over two days. From now on I will bring my own food.

Otherwise it was a fun trip.

To add insult to injury we are having the largest snowfall of the year and Betty has to take care of the snow. She is now completely proficient in starting and using the snow blower and I have to say does a pretty good job. I'll have to let her do it more often.

I hope everyone is doing better than I am and that everyone has a great week. Now I'm going to go and take more drugs.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me