CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Wonderful Tuesday!! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/395074-wonderful-tuesday.html)

DougR. March 12th, 2013 06:43 AM

Wonderful Tuesday!!

Good morning all!from a rainy Philly!! Been a while since I posted, been dealing with some issues that commanded my attention. Some of you have seen me on Facebook.

News on my health has been positive. I had a prostate biopsy that was negative and the neurologist diagnosed me with Essential Tremors, which is treatable with medication rather than Parkinsons. :D

Marj, the kids and the grandgirls are doing wonderful.

We have booked a cruise to Bermuda in October. :D

sue March 12th, 2013 08:47 AM

My grand kids left yesterday , 3years and a baby. I see them frequently <they live in CO> but always miss my special time with Caleb<3> such as making him breakfast, cuddling on the sofa and outdoor stuff. They will be back over Mothers day weekend! Oldest daughter and her family moved here a week ago, which means I have my 3 grands <8,7,2> near me. Her husband got a job in Ricks company. Looking at my cruise details and I am happy we get to go away again for some couple time. Not tooo sure about the category we booked a Navigators Verandah guarantee? can't seem to be able to locate them on the ship deck plan...Everyone enjoy your day and remember you are one day closer to cruising :D

rollerdonna March 12th, 2013 09:04 AM

Morning Mates, I'm back from an early morning visit to the hospital - a pre-scheduled cortisone shot I didn't want to miss, despite the fact I am still suffering the effects of the stomach flu. 3 days of nothing to eat but gluten-free crackers and ginger ale is not the best weight loss plan, but it works....:rolleyes:

Today is slightly better, I will just rest and recover, eat and drink only bland stuff - I have no appetite anyway.
Mike, hope your cold is getting better, and Haimia, hope you are recovering well from surgery. Have a good day all!

donna

Mike M March 12th, 2013 11:07 AM

Good morning everyone.

It's a pretty day here in Minnesota with blue skies and balmy temps in the upper 20's. ;)

I'm feeling better today. I think inhaling peppermint oil from my CPAP has helped with the head congestion. Betty is off at her book club and will soon be back home. We have a contractor coming by to tell us how many cruises it will cost to resurface our garage floor. Over the years the salt and sand have made many "pits" in the surface and if I don't get it redone and sealed this year it will turn into something resembling the lunar surface.

Otherwise that's about it.

Donna: I hope you get rid of that stomach bug soon. It must be a nasty one to hang on this long. Then again, the one I had on the fishing trip hung on for three days.

Sue: It's great that your grandkids are closer to you. At least some of them. As I always say: "Grandkids are your reward for not killing your children when they were teenagers." ;) :)

Doug: Glad to hear that things turned out as well as they did.

To everyone: I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike

Lakers Fan March 12th, 2013 11:10 AM

Glad to hear that those ailing are doing well . I had a malignant growth removed yesterday from my right hand and I am doing okay this morning .