Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Admiral

Default Wonderful Tuesday!!

Good morning all!from a rainy Philly!! Been a while since I posted, been dealing with some issues that commanded my attention. Some of you have seen me on Facebook.

News on my health has been positive. I had a prostate biopsy that was negative and the neurologist diagnosed me with Essential Tremors, which is treatable with medication rather than Parkinsons.

Marj, the kids and the grandgirls are doing wonderful.

We have booked a cruise to Bermuda in October.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Admiral

My grand kids left yesterday , 3years and a baby. I see them frequently <they live in CO> but always miss my special time with Caleb<3> such as making him breakfast, cuddling on the sofa and outdoor stuff. They will be back over Mothers day weekend! Oldest daughter and her family moved here a week ago, which means I have my 3 grands <8,7,2> near me. Her husband got a job in Ricks company. Looking at my cruise details and I am happy we get to go away again for some couple time. Not tooo sure about the category we booked a Navigators Verandah guarantee? can't seem to be able to locate them on the ship deck plan...Everyone enjoy your day and remember you are one day closer to cruising
Old March 12th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, I'm back from an early morning visit to the hospital - a pre-scheduled cortisone shot I didn't want to miss, despite the fact I am still suffering the effects of the stomach flu. 3 days of nothing to eat but gluten-free crackers and ginger ale is not the best weight loss plan, but it works....

Today is slightly better, I will just rest and recover, eat and drink only bland stuff - I have no appetite anyway.
Mike, hope your cold is getting better, and Haimia, hope you are recovering well from surgery. Have a good day all!

donna
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

It's a pretty day here in Minnesota with blue skies and balmy temps in the upper 20's.

I'm feeling better today. I think inhaling peppermint oil from my CPAP has helped with the head congestion. Betty is off at her book club and will soon be back home. We have a contractor coming by to tell us how many cruises it will cost to resurface our garage floor. Over the years the salt and sand have made many "pits" in the surface and if I don't get it redone and sealed this year it will turn into something resembling the lunar surface.

Otherwise that's about it.

Donna: I hope you get rid of that stomach bug soon. It must be a nasty one to hang on this long. Then again, the one I had on the fishing trip hung on for three days.

Sue: It's great that your grandkids are closer to you. At least some of them. As I always say: "Grandkids are your reward for not killing your children when they were teenagers."

Doug: Glad to hear that things turned out as well as they did.

To everyone: I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 12th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Admiral

Glad to hear that those ailing are doing well . I had a malignant growth removed yesterday from my right hand and I am doing okay this morning .