Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Wednesday

Good morning! One day closer to our next cruise and one day closer until fishing season starts here in Rhode Island Can't wait to catch those trouts!

Thinking to book a family Disney cruise for September 2014, a 5 day on the Wonder which includes 2 days on Disneys Island..Grands are very happy already ! We will book it when we get back from the Disney Dream.

Have a cold, nothing bad just annoying. Everyone have a wonderful day!
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Good morning all yoy nice people!

We are now in the second week of the sequester and things have ground to a halt here at the EPA grants factory . Until it becomes clearer what our funding will be we are making no awards unless it is mission critical. Unless the clowns in the DC circus get their act together we are all facing 104 hours of furlough time between now and September 30. Marj and I will survive ok but those in lower paying positions will really be hurt. Positive thing is that we now have time to get all those little things done that we always seem to keep putting off until we "have time".

Morning Sue, Marj and I are spending a week in Rhode Island in June. We entered a contest. First prize was a week in Rhode Island, Second prize was two weeks in Rhode Island. Seriously my wife loves Newport and we exchanged our time share for a unit in Westerly which will be our base for exploring the area.

Everyone have a great day. I am!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, I think I have finally beat the stomach flu. Actually ate a bland, but full meal last night and all is well. Today I hope to get out of the house for awhile and be able to go to trivia tonight. Missing the other trivia on Sat. nite was hard enough, I can't miss the Wed. nite too!

Hope everyone else who is aliling is feeling better too, especially Todd, we haven't heard from you, how ARE you?

donna
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Glorious day out there, bright sun,and will get up to 50, yippee! It's a comin!

Hard to believe it's a year this week, that I was hosting the Cruisemate's Epic Cruise,and we had to be disembarked in St Thomas, after a just few days onboard. Been a tough year for Bruce, healthwise, but, having him in the hospital for 4 days, literally saved his life, so, it was an "Epic" blessing..Time sure flies...

Today, I'm going out for lunch with some of my new pals, and, an old pal. Our old neighborhood site, has really put so many people back in touch with one another. I never thought, at this stage of my life I would be making lots of new pals..Pizza and chit chat, a good combo, and, next week a Diva Dinner, I organized.

Glad to hear you are feeling better Donna.

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 13th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

We are having a great time visiting Disney World.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence 12/29/13

Booked Vision of the Seas . 2/14/2015

Booked Allure of the Seas... 2/21/16 *Last Gang Cruise*
Old March 13th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Good Morning
A bright and sunny day here but still cold, how I long for some temps in the 60's.
D/S and I have been trolling online for scholarship for D/S in hope of getting a little extra cash for college, it seems we're the only parents who refuse to send him to a $50.000 a year school and are discouraging him in taking on a load of student debt. I must be missing something that all my friends kids are going to these expensive school strictly on loans, maybe we're wrong but I don't think so, especially when he has no clue what he's wants to be.

Not too much going on here.

Donna....Happy to hear your all better.

Manuel.... It is the happiest place on earth after all...have fun!

Trip...Yes time does sure fly, have fun at your lunch.

Sue... I like your way of thinking, we too are one day closer!

Need some cruise help?
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......temps still warming.....50's for the whole week.........

Trip.....sounds like you are doing good.....thinking of Bruce.......

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Its sunny and in the 50's here but I am staying home to rest .
Old March 13th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Admiral

Default Happy Wednesday

Good morning. So nice to be back. We had yet another planned power outage yesterday, so couldn't use the computers. Interesting how cut off you feel without the 'puter even though the phones work.

Very warm here. We had 87 yesterday.

I have to call the dermatologist today. One of the skin cancers she froze had infected and won't go away on it's own.

Yes, it's been a long time since we've hard from Todd. I hope he's okay.

Judy
Old March 13th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good afternoon everyone:

It's a beautiful day here in Minnesota. It's only about 30F but it is clear and brisk.

Yesterday I basically spent two or three European cruises for home "maintenance". My garage floor has pitted over the last 24 years and was getting to look like the lunar surface. Sometime in April we will have the garage floor cement and 26'x30' pad in front of the garage removed and new concrete put in. We will probably be selling this house in a couple of years and we need to make the upgrade even though it is not a hazard, or even "that" ugly. I know if I was buying a house and saw the pits in the garage floor I would expect the price to be reduced.

I had a late start today. Yesterday, in the late afternoon I made a "Clean out the fridge" pasta. I basically cleaned out the onions, carrots, celery and peppers out of the vegetable drawer, added some diced venison sausage, garlic, parmesan cheese and tomatoes with rice pasta. It was very good but boy did I pay for it. I rarely get indigestion but I sure did this time. Betty had no problem but I was up all night with it. I don't think I'll be eating leftovers today. Though Betty had some for lunch. Iron guts Betty.

I hope all are having a great day. We will soon be off to do some grocery shopping. Now that I cleaned out the fridge we need some food in the house.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Admiral

Doug if you like to meet for a nice meal let us know! Also have you checked out if the Providence water fires are on during your visit? We are heading to the annual chowda festival in Newport this year.I have not checked on any dates yet. All I know is that on June 22nd I be away in Mass to see Joan Baez< a wish on my bucket list > So let us know, would love to meet!
Old March 14th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Doug if you like to meet for a nice meal let us know! Also have you checked out if the Providence water fires are on during your visit? We are heading to the annual chowda festival in Newport this year.I have not checked on any dates yet. All I know is that on June 22nd I be away in Mass to see Joan Baez< a wish on my bucket list > So let us know, would love to meet!
We will be at the Chowda Fest too, will be our first day there!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004