Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Default Happy Thursday

Good morning to all fellow cruisers Weekend is getting closer and I hope the weather will be better. Farmers market on Saturday morning is a must.We bought another farm share at an organic farm this year but won't start til June.I have to look at some upcoming dates what is happening here in RI and in June Joan Baez will be coming to Mass. I always wanted to see here and now its finally happening ! Checked on cruises for next year, only Disney. But I must say I want to take another cruise to see places. Any cruisemates cruises coming around? I saw one, but what about next year? Enjoy your day and I am enjoying my coffee here
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning Sue and all Cruisemates.

We had about one inch of snow overnight. I just finished blowing the driveway so Betty won't pack it down when she leaves for her club meeting at 9:00 a.m.

Today is tax day. I will prepare my taxes. I know I will have to pay so I haven't been too excited about doing them. I'll do them today and mail the check on April 14th.

I don't think there will be another cruise this year. After writing the deposit check for redoing the garage floor, Vegas in June, and we are going to Europe in September, I don't think the budget will allow it. We're still looking at going to Australia in 2014 and combine a cruise and visiting relatives.

I hope all have a great Thursday and that the upcoming weekend is a fun one.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning all! Return to winter temps in Philly and environs. There are signs of spring about though. Encountered a fresh roadkill skunk on the way to work for example.

Marj and our next door neighbor are building an above ground garden from a kit. He is a handyman and we pay him to do jobs around the new house. Apparantly I have been prohibited from using any tool more complex than a screwdriver. I am in charge of security - keeping marauding critters away. Hello razor concertina wire, electric fencing, booby traps, etc.

Everyone have a great day!!!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 14th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Default Joan Baez

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Good morning to all fellow cruisers Weekend is getting closer and I hope the weather will be better. Farmers market on Saturday morning is a must.We bought another farm share at an organic farm this year but won't start til June.I have to look at some upcoming dates what is happening here in RI and in June Joan Baez will be coming to Mass. I always wanted to see here and now its finally happening ! Checked on cruises for next year, only Disney. But I must say I want to take another cruise to see places. Any cruisemates cruises coming around? I saw one, but what about next year? Enjoy your day and I am enjoying my coffee here
Enjoy Joan Baez .She in my opinion is among the top 4 female singers of all time .I saw her in concert in 1961 and may times since.
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Admiral

Doug, you are too funny!
Morning Mates, I am already back from aquafitness and boy have I missed it, haven't been since last Friday!

Absolutely no plans today, it is weird being home all week, don't know what to do with myself! Guess i'll catcvh up on some housework...

donna
Old March 14th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........still temps in the low 50's for the highs......I'll take 'em..........

Getting wetter as the day goes on tho......oh well.........

Y'all have a good day...............

Sharon
Old March 14th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Default Happy Thursday

Good morning. Gonna be a hot one. We're headed to Pasadena later.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old March 14th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Carl "DougR" Spackler prepares to defend his wife's garden.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Admiral

Good evening fellow cruisemates from Virginia Beach. I have not been on this chat line for awhile because I had suffered a bad reaction to taking the drug, Clindamycin, which I was given as a result of developing an infection from having root canal work done. Needless to say, I was in the hospital for five days. I am still very weak and have to "take it easy". Thank G-d this did not happen during our scheduled back-to-back cruises in May! Time is the greatest healer.