Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Good First Day of Spring Morning

Good morning everyone!

Well, it is the first day of Spring and the grass is green, the tulips are flowering, the birds are singing....................Wait: It's just white out there and dang cold.

Oh well: Sooner or later the angle of the earth will overcome the snow and Spring will really be here. It doesn't look like that's happening for a few weeks but what the heck.

I had my car fixed yesterday. The problem was only an $81 fix. A "Vent Canister Solenoid". It provides pressure to the gas tank. I'd never heard of it before but the "canister" was cracked and full of dirt. The cost of living on a gravel road. I'm happy it was an easy repair. The mechanic told me that if it was a 2005 or older Suburban they would have to pull the gas tank to get to it and the cost would have been about five times that amount.

Betty recovered our dinette chairs. They look nice. Between the grandkids, me and regular wear and tear they get stained and I have a problem with Scotchguard so she just recovers them. I think I'll put her to work in an upholstery shop to earn some cruise cash.

I'm not sure what's on the agenda today. I do have some paper work to do but otherwise it's a free day.

I wish everyone a wonderful Spring day and a great rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Admiral

Pretty brave of you to use the word 'spring" around here Mike lol as I am looking outside and see Snow!!!

Nothing planned except maybe a coffee shop with our daughter. She just called and wants to do something after the kids are in school. I am glad they moved here.

Hoping Spring will be here soon but either way I am one day closer to our cruise!!
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Yep, going to be cold here, only in the 20's...So much for the first day of spring, although there are birds out there....I thought it was supposed to be an early spring??

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
Mike, from your house to my house,spring is not on the agenda..Sam Champion,says we may see it for a while yet...blame a Greenland high....aw geez! Last year at this time it was in the mid 70's...

My Diva Dinner on on for tonight..this time we have 20 ladies at our local Chinese restaurant, chatting up a storm. Spare ribs and wontons..woo hoo!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 20th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Admiral

My Mother passed away last night at the age of 97, just a couple of months short of 98. She lead a life that extended from WW1, the Roaring 20's, the Depression, WW2, the Cold War, the exploration of space and up to the election of President Obama twice. She was a mixture of modern values as well as old time values and a kind, giving spirit. Unfortunately she fell into the grips of dementia at the end and her passing was a relief as she was not the mother I remember. Rest in Peace Mom.

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Admiral

Doug, sorry to hear about your Mother.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

Sending my condolences to you and your family for your sad loss. I know now she is in a better place.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old March 20th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Doug, my condolences to you, Marj and the family on the passing of your dear mom. Hold on to the good memories.....

Mike, spring does not look like it should here either. We are having a nasty spring snowstorm, 15-20 cms, freezing temps, and school closures so no work today.
Guess I will continue with my spring cleaning...

donna
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

Doug, Very sorry to hear about your mom, my heart goes out to you and all that loved her.

Yes it's cold but at least it's sunny.

So D/S was informed yesterday that his project has now made it to the regionals, so now he will be presenting at UIC in April. Does it make me a bad mom to hope it stops there, I really don't want to have to take the trip to Springfield and it's up to the parents to take them.

Mike... what a pleasant surprise price wise.
Trip... you divas have a good time tonight!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......no spring here either........rain & colder temps.........upper 30's for the lows........not as bad as some of you.........

Doug.........you & Marj are in our thoughts.......

Spring seems sooooo far away.......

Y'all have a good day..........

Sue........thanks for the recipe.......sounds really good........

Sharon

Last edited by LS80; March 20th, 2013 at 10:55 AM. Reason: add thank you
Old March 20th, 2013, 10:53 AM
First Mate

Well, it is sunny at the moment, but it is a COLD day - high of 30 degrees F, windy and we are to have flurries and snow showers all day. Welcome spring. Where is that @#*!!& groundhog!!!!

DougR. - sorry for your losses of late; your cousin gave his all and so did your mom for the most part of her life; you have my sympathies!

I have been feeling okay for the most part. It is two weeks today since my surgery and I can now lose the collar and I gain driving priviledges. However, not really interested in driving yet or at least not very far as my range of motion is pretty limited. I can turn my head but do not want to go too far or too fast and mess up something in there!! I have had more days of feeling pretty blah with this surgery, too. Perhaps it is because it is the third surgery I have had in the last two years. I think it is finally catching up to me as well as my age!! Ugh!

I plan to be in my office most of today, but not sure that will happen. Then, it is off to the vet for our two dogs for yearly check ups and shots, etc. I can hardly wait for that! DH will be going with me!

I hope all have a good day.
Old March 20th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Admiral

Default Good First Day of Spring Morning

Good morning. It's looking mighty pouty out there, but the weather mavens say nothing will come of it, except overcast.

Doug, please accept my condolences. My own mother is 96 and in a care facility in the midwest because of dementia.

Spring seems eminent here: the myrtle trees are bright pink. Pretty soon the streets ill be abloom with purple jacaranda trees.

Have a good day, everyone!

Judy
Old March 20th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Doug, having walked in your shoes, I so understand. I love the way you eulogized her here.She sounds like an amazing lady. May the good memories carry you through.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 20th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Admiral

Doug, I send my condolences.

I too have a mom with dementia. She became an American Citizen years ago but before that she was Brazilian and then naturalized as a Portuguese citizen.

It sure feel like spring where I live. I have flowers, herbs and vegetables growing.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

It's only been spring here on the west coast for a couple of hours...
Nice and wet...
Should be 70 tomorrow

Old March 20th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default poppadock

Hello everyone, every day is a great day. Condolences to u & your family doug, can some of U tell me were U live. I am in north carolina the first day of spring not to bad temp's in the 50's. working in the yard today geting ready for summer.