CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Surprise Sunday Snow (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/395255-surprise-sunday-snow.html)

rollerdonna March 24th, 2013 08:30 AM

Surprise Sunday Snow

Morning Mates, surprise surprise, MORE snow today! It's been snowing heavily since I got up, don't know how much longer it is supposed to last, but we had planned to go out for brunch today with friends at a place called Sugar Moon Farm, where they make maple syrup and serves the best pancakes, including gluten-free!
Won't have to leave before noon, so here's hoping the snow lets up soon...

Had a great time last night at music trivia, we tied the 1st game and lost in the tie-breaking question, and we tied again the 2nd game and won the tie breaking question, so not a bad night all around.

Have a good day all...

donna

Manuel March 24th, 2013 09:28 AM

Good morning Donna and others to follow.

Congratulations for doing so well in the music trivia. I hope the snow leaves your area and that spring comes along. I almost forgot what snow feels like. We are shooting for 85F. today.

Have a nice Sunday folks.

TM

LS80 March 24th, 2013 11:02 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........

Cool & rainy........

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon

canuckity March 24th, 2013 11:23 AM

Good morning everyone. It's going to be a hot, humid day here in Bradenton. A cold front arrives later today that will bring temperatures down significantly. Tomorrow we head to the Florida panhandle to begin our 2 week trek back to Ottawa...we're taking the long way home.

DougR. March 24th, 2013 12:53 PM

Happy Sunday all!!!! Memorial service for my mom yesterday went well found out some stuff about her I didn't know such as being such a party animal when she was young!!! :shock: Pictures from the Cotton Club in NYC on a girls night out (it is not something new) in 1939 and other similar photos. :) Certainly this couldn't be the straight-laced mom who's idea of a good time was drinking a whiskey sour while watching Lawrence Welk :mrgreen:.

Don't fret people spring is on its way. Heard tree frogs yesterday and my semi-annual allergy bout has begun.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Lakers Fan March 24th, 2013 01:16 PM

Spring should arrive on the east coast by July 1.

dezertcruzer March 24th, 2013 01:37 PM

Good morning from the Arizona desert. Jose and I are headed out to Peoria, AZ for out last spring training game of the season. We decided to go see another ball park, so we're not going to see our Diamondbacks. It will be the Milwaukee Brewers at the San Diego Padres. It should be a fun afternoon out in the sun.

Have a great Sunday Cruise Mates!

Lakers Fan March 24th, 2013 06:38 PM

yummy

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollerdonna (Post 1468264)
Morning Mates, surprise surprise, MORE snow today! It's been snowing heavily since I got up, don't know how much longer it is supposed to last, but we had planned to go out for brunch today with friends at a place called Sugar Moon Farm, where they make maple syrup and serves the best pancakes, including gluten-free!
Won't have to leave before noon, so here's hoping the snow lets up soon...

Had a great time last night at music trivia, we tied the 1st game and lost in the tie-breaking question, and we tied again the 2nd game and won the tie breaking question, so not a bad night all around.

Have a good day all...

donna

I will be making my second visit to Halifax in the fall .I will keep Sugar Moon Farm in my memory.

Lisa March 25th, 2013 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougR. (Post 1468277)
Happy Sunday all!!!! Memorial service for my mom yesterday went well found out some stuff about her I didn't know such as being such a party animal when she was young!!! :shock: Pictures from the Cotton Club in NYC on a girls night out (it is not something new) in 1939 and other similar photos. :) Certainly this couldn't be the straight-laced mom who's idea of a good time was drinking a whiskey sour while watching Lawrence Welk :mrgreen:.

Doug - this brought back a happy/sad memory for me. When my Dad died in 2011, we were talking with his older sister, who said my Dad had performed in a couple of musical theater productions! Now, we knew my Dad sang in the church choir, but my aunt was really into music - performed in regional theater musicals and later was a voice teacher at the University of Chicago - and she persuaded my Dad to try out for a couple of parts and he got them. In one musical he played a gangster - so against my Dad's personality even though his body type would fit the part. We were astonished! And what a great new memory to have!