Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Admiral

Default Yeah, I'm still alive

Three weeks ago Sunday I was in the ER at the local hospital when my adored friend Susan was told, "Before you leave you should say goodbye because he won't live until morning. He's had a massive heart attack." That physician is still the butt of jokes over his "fantastic prognosticatory" abilities. What a jackass.

Susan then informed me that when I was discharged, I wasn't going home but to her house with her husband and daughter until I was well enough to start trying to take "baby steps" on my own. I had not even ever met her husband but by the time I arrived at their house, he had delivered and set up a top of the line electric hospital bed in their living room. I admit, the tears flowed like rain.

My friend Susan their 14 year old daughter and even Shawn her husband then devoted every minute of every day to my welfare and still operate three different businesses. In essence, this family gives an entire new meaning to the term, "Faith based."

Two nights ago Shawn walks in and casually puts a very heavy box on my bed with the comment, "Who knows? Might make use of that some day." Inside that box was the most gorgeous, leather bound KJV Bible completely paginated and with study notes that Ihad ever seen. It had to have cost a small fortune but that just shows why I feel closer to them than my own family.

I am home today for the first time but only for a few hours and then it's back to my second home. It truly brings tears to my eyes when I recall the outrageous number of tributes, well wishes, etc., from close friends to many who follow my newspaper column very closely.

My buddy Jeff became unglued when he heard what had happened to me and will be replacing my ICD within the next several months as the battery has now fallen to 19 percent. No one....but NO ONE cuts on me unless his name is Jeff Schoondyke. It's that simple.

And now the most unbelievable part. Want to know who proved I hadn't had a heart attack and that all of my problems stemmed from chronic overmedication. Was it a physician? Nope! Wast it a PA or RN? Nope! It was Susan whose never had five minutes of medical training. Now you talk about REALLY EMBARRASSING! I love The Lord's sense of humor!

Here's wishing both our Christian and Jewish friends the most marvelous holiday EVER!

Love,

"Five times dead and running.,......not walking."

TDH
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Oh Todd,
It is good to see you on the boards, so glad you are among us and doing well. Yep, take the baby steps and gain strength....Take care !

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 29th, 2013, 04:07 PM
Admiral

Todd, I'm glad that you are still with us and that you have good friends to help you. Take care of yourself. xoxoxo
Old March 29th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Admiral

Hi Todd amd thanks for making this a VERY Good Friday

Take care of yourself.

Alan & Katrina

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(5), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam
Old March 29th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb

Todd is was very nice to hear your voice when you told me thecomplete story before you put in CM for the world to see. I listened to your voice and it made me feel very good that you have a good friend to take care of you.

Here is hoping that you overcome the present condition and will be up and running soon.

I told you of my present goings on but yours is more important right now.
I now have a monitor around my neck and I can talk directly with help from anywhere in the US. It is a very good peice of equipment but I hope I never have to use it. I am by myself now and having a lonesome good time.

Have a good one. Love is great.

Cruising on Ruby Princess: September 22, 2015. 10 Days, From New York to Quebec City. My 98th Cruise!
Old March 29th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

It seems fitting that you have chosen this time, to come back and let us know what has been going on. Just when you think your darkest days have come, you get lifted up by angels. Bless you for all you have been through, and I say with a sly grin..."enough already" xo

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 29th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Admiral

Todd, so glad to hear that you are still with us. I have been worried.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old March 29th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Admiral

Todd God bless you and keep you around for a long time.

Happy Easter.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old March 29th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Admiral

Default Yeah, I'm still Alive

Todd, I have thought about you so much! So glad you're still with us. Also, it's wonderful to that others can be so good to their fellow human beings.

Judy
Old March 29th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Admiral

Looking forward to 50 + years more of Todd posts.
Old March 30th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Admiral

Hey Todd
So happy to hear from you.
I'm very happy you have such wonderful people in your life,you are truly blessed.
Take care dear Todd

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old March 30th, 2013, 12:36 AM
Captain

Good to know:

Soon you will be standing on a local street corner in a trenchcoat selling some of that "chronic overmedication" you were prescribed...

Why you should never follow a penguin underwater
Old March 30th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Admiral

He is resurrected! How appropriate for Easter weekend.
Todd, it was with such great relief I read your post this morning, I have been worried about not hearing from you for so long.
Please let those angels of good friends take care of you and get you back on your feet, and back online with us in the very near future.
Happy Easter!

donna

Last edited by rollerdonna; March 30th, 2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old March 30th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Todd.......glad to hear you are doing good........you have been in my thoughts.....

Sharon
Old March 30th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Todd...

So delighted to see you are back with us. And happy to hear that you have such great fiends taking good care of you.

I have a lot of experience, as over the past 28 years (since she had a massive heart attack) there have been a half dozen times we were told my mother would likely not leave the hospital.

Like you, she has shown how tough she is, and thankfully proven them wrong. She's presently with us escaping winter to Arizona, and getting to enjoy her grandchildren and 7 great grand children.

Their love is rejuvinating her, as it sounds like the love of Susan and her family is doing for you.

Keep getting better!
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 30th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Admiral

Hey Todd! I too, have been wondering how you were doing, and am THRILLED to hear you're on the mend, and have such good friends locally, to help you when you need it most. I don't think I need to say, if you need anything,,,give the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and me a call. Friends like you are very hard to find. I have no doubt that you'll be around for many, many years.

Ken
"SKY"
Old March 31st, 2013, 12:53 AM
Admiral

Todd, it is wonderful to hear from you. You are very blessed to have such wonderful friends taking such great care of you. I hope you continue to improve and get stronger. Your Cruise Mates family is in your corner and sending you all the positive energy you can imagine!
Old March 31st, 2013, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Todd, it was wonderful to hear that you are still weaving your "tapestry of gold," and that hopefully it will not be finished for a long time. The thought and opinions that you express have meaning to a lot of people, and I feel that God wants you to continue to provide them. Though we have never met, I value you as a friend.
Old March 31st, 2013, 06:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Hello Todd, Wonderful news to hear that you are recovering. You are blessed to have Susan and hur husband in your life. Thank God for them. HI do hope you had a wonderful Easter holiday. Thank you for posting and it is so nice to have you back on the boards.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old April 2nd, 2013, 12:19 AM
Admiral

To all of you, from the bottom of my heart I thank you. I truly mean I love you all for indeed you are all an integral member of my family

I'm fully cognizant of what could happen to me at any time....especially with the report I received today. Please, please believe me when I tell you that should I die tonight, I'll die the happiest I've ever been in my life. When time and space allow, I'll explain. Until then be assured your spport is, for me at least, literally life sustaining and I could love no one more than all of you and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Of course considering there's very little left of even that, that's a pretty safe thing to say in my case

Seriously, you know I truly mean all of the above. I love you all even though some of you may occasionally disagree a bit with me (but don't worry, your shotgun's in the closet somewhere)

With unreserved love I remain,

TDH
PS. (Yeah, I also know that often I'm often provided the impressive position as The Village Idiot!)
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old April 2nd, 2013, 03:02 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Todd - I am so glad you are still here amongst us humans on earth! I know that your journey is a long and difficult one. But I know now that you are in the hands of angels on earth! Whatever happens in the future, please know that you have been an inspiration to me and I hope and pray that you are here for at least a few more years so you can continue to inspire and motivate me.
Old April 2nd, 2013, 11:23 AM
First Mate

Todd, so glad to hear from you. Sounds like you have been really busy with getting well! Glad to hear it was NOT a massive heart attack. And quite believeable that you are overmedicated.

It is so good that you have friends close by that have taken you in. It is important that you have this help as you recuperate. Only wishing the best for you!
Old April 2nd, 2013, 09:03 PM
Admiral

Todd,

I'm very pleased to hear that you're still alive and kicking! When we hadn't heard from you for so long, I was beginning to wonder.......

Anyway, keep on getting better, and keep us posted!