CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Yeah, I'm still alive (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/395335-yeah-im-still-alive.html)

ToddDH March 29th, 2013 03:38 PM

Yeah, I'm still alive

Three weeks ago Sunday I was in the ER at the local hospital when my adored friend Susan was told, "Before you leave you should say goodbye because he won't live until morning. He's had a massive heart attack." That physician is still the butt of jokes over his "fantastic prognosticatory" abilities. What a jackass.

Susan then informed me that when I was discharged, I wasn't going home but to her house with her husband and daughter until I was well enough to start trying to take "baby steps" on my own. I had not even ever met her husband but by the time I arrived at their house, he had delivered and set up a top of the line electric hospital bed in their living room. I admit, the tears flowed like rain.

My friend Susan their 14 year old daughter and even Shawn her husband then devoted every minute of every day to my welfare and still operate three different businesses. In essence, this family gives an entire new meaning to the term, "Faith based."

Two nights ago Shawn walks in and casually puts a very heavy box on my bed with the comment, "Who knows? Might make use of that some day." Inside that box was the most gorgeous, leather bound KJV Bible completely paginated and with study notes that Ihad ever seen. It had to have cost a small fortune but that just shows why I feel closer to them than my own family.

I am home today for the first time but only for a few hours and then it's back to my second home. It truly brings tears to my eyes when I recall the outrageous number of tributes, well wishes, etc., from close friends to many who follow my newspaper column very closely.

My buddy Jeff became unglued when he heard what had happened to me and will be replacing my ICD within the next several months as the battery has now fallen to 19 percent. No one....but NO ONE cuts on me unless his name is Jeff Schoondyke. It's that simple.

And now the most unbelievable part. Want to know who proved I hadn't had a heart attack and that all of my problems stemmed from chronic overmedication. Was it a physician? Nope! Wast it a PA or RN? Nope! It was Susan whose never had five minutes of medical training. Now you talk about REALLY EMBARRASSING! I love The Lord's sense of humor!

Here's wishing both our Christian and Jewish friends the most marvelous holiday EVER!

Love,

"Five times dead and running.,......not walking."

TDH

Donna March 29th, 2013 04:03 PM

Oh Todd,
It is good to see you on the boards, so glad you are among us and doing well. Yep, take the baby steps and gain strength....Take care !

Moiraine March 29th, 2013 04:07 PM

Todd, I'm glad that you are still with us and that you have good friends to help you. Take care of yourself. xoxoxo

kandajones March 29th, 2013 04:32 PM

Hi Todd amd thanks for making this a VERY Good Friday :D

Take care of yourself.

Alan & Katrina

rayb March 29th, 2013 04:55 PM

Todd is was very nice to hear your voice when you told me thecomplete story before you put in CM for the world to see. I listened to your voice and it made me feel very good that you have a good friend to take care of you.

Here is hoping that you overcome the present condition and will be up and running soon.

I told you of my present goings on but yours is more important right now.
I now have a monitor around my neck and I can talk directly with help from anywhere in the US. It is a very good peice of equipment but I hope I never have to use it. I am by myself now and having a lonesome good time.

Have a good one. Love is great.

Trip March 29th, 2013 05:20 PM

It seems fitting that you have chosen this time, to come back and let us know what has been going on. Just when you think your darkest days have come, you get lifted up by angels. Bless you for all you have been through, and I say with a sly grin..."enough already" xo

nlb1050 March 29th, 2013 08:19 PM

Todd, so glad to hear that you are still with us. I have been worried.

Manuel March 29th, 2013 09:14 PM

Todd God bless you and keep you around for a long time.

Happy Easter.

TM

CruisinK n J March 29th, 2013 09:26 PM

Yeah, I'm still Alive

Todd, I have thought about you so much! So glad you're still with us. Also, it's wonderful to that others can be so good to their fellow human beings.

Judy

Lakers Fan March 29th, 2013 09:48 PM

Looking forward to 50 + years more of Todd posts.

Aerogirl March 30th, 2013 12:00 AM

Hey Todd
So happy to hear from you.
I'm very happy you have such wonderful people in your life,you are truly blessed.
Take care dear Todd

ship2shore March 30th, 2013 12:36 AM

Good to know:

Soon you will be standing on a local street corner in a trenchcoat selling some of that "chronic overmedication" you were prescribed...rofl

rollerdonna March 30th, 2013 08:31 AM

He is resurrected! How appropriate for Easter weekend. rofl
Todd, it was with such great relief I read your post this morning, I have been worried about not hearing from you for so long.
Please let those angels of good friends take care of you and get you back on your feet, and back online with us in the very near future.
Happy Easter!

donna

LS80 March 30th, 2013 10:34 AM

Todd.......glad to hear you are doing good........you have been in my thoughts.....

Sharon

Kuki March 30th, 2013 12:02 PM

Todd...

So delighted to see you are back with us. And happy to hear that you have such great fiends taking good care of you.

I have a lot of experience, as over the past 28 years (since she had a massive heart attack) there have been a half dozen times we were told my mother would likely not leave the hospital.

Like you, she has shown how tough she is, and thankfully proven them wrong. She's presently with us escaping winter to Arizona, and getting to enjoy her grandchildren and 7 great grand children.

Their love is rejuvinating her, as it sounds like the love of Susan and her family is doing for you.

Keep getting better!

skymaster March 30th, 2013 05:17 PM

Hey Todd! I too, have been wondering how you were doing, and am THRILLED to hear you're on the mend, and have such good friends locally, to help you when you need it most. I don't think I need to say, if you need anything,,,give the lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and me a call. Friends like you are very hard to find. I have no doubt that you'll be around for many, many years. :cool:

Ken
"SKY"

dezertcruzer March 31st, 2013 12:53 AM

Todd, it is wonderful to hear from you. You are very blessed to have such wonderful friends taking such great care of you. I hope you continue to improve and get stronger. Your Cruise Mates family is in your corner and sending you all the positive energy you can imagine!

Paul B March 31st, 2013 11:11 AM

Todd, it was wonderful to hear that you are still weaving your "tapestry of gold," and that hopefully it will not be finished for a long time. The thought and opinions that you express have meaning to a lot of people, and I feel that God wants you to continue to provide them. Though we have never met, I value you as a friend.

Cruznut2 March 31st, 2013 06:50 PM

Hello Todd, Wonderful news to hear that you are recovering. You are blessed to have Susan and hur husband in your life. Thank God for them. HI do hope you had a wonderful Easter holiday. Thank you for posting and it is so nice to have you back on the boards.

Laura

ToddDH April 2nd, 2013 12:19 AM

To all of you, from the bottom of my heart I thank you. I truly mean I love you all for indeed you are all an integral member of my family

I'm fully cognizant of what could happen to me at any time....especially with the report I received today. Please, please believe me when I tell you that should I die tonight, I'll die the happiest I've ever been in my life. When time and space allow, I'll explain. Until then be assured your spport is, for me at least, literally life sustaining and I could love no one more than all of you and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Of course considering there's very little left of even that, that's a pretty safe thing to say in my caserofl

Seriously, you know I truly mean all of the above. I love you all even though some of you may occasionally disagree a bit with me (but don't worry, your shotgun's in the closet somewhere):wink:

With unreserved love I remain,

TDH
PS. (Yeah, I also know that often I'm often provided the impressive position as The Village Idiot!)

Lisa April 2nd, 2013 03:02 AM

Todd - I am so glad you are still here amongst us humans on earth! I know that your journey is a long and difficult one. But I know now that you are in the hands of angels on earth! Whatever happens in the future, please know that you have been an inspiration to me and I hope and pray that you are here for at least a few more years so you can continue to inspire and motivate me.

Haimia April 2nd, 2013 11:23 AM

Todd, so glad to hear from you. Sounds like you have been really busy with getting well! Glad to hear it was NOT a massive heart attack. And quite believeable that you are overmedicated.

It is so good that you have friends close by that have taken you in. It is important that you have this help as you recuperate. Only wishing the best for you!

Mean Dean April 2nd, 2013 09:03 PM

Todd,

I'm very pleased to hear that you're still alive and kicking! When we hadn't heard from you for so long, I was beginning to wonder.......

Anyway, keep on getting better, and keep us posted!