Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Default Weird Wednesday

Morning Mates, welcome to Wednesday, and the reason it is weird is that it feels like overnight we have backed up into March again....we had a complete covering of snow again overnight!

No exercise classes this morning, so I am enjoying a rare morning off, then off to work this afternoon, followed by trivia night at the pub, that is always good for a few laughs.

Todd, hoping to hear from you again soon, hope all is well!

donna
Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:28 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I just kicked my sister out of my house and she is on her way back to North Dakota. We had a nice time with her, my BIL and the dogs.

I have a doctor's appointment in two hours and then we are off to do some shopping. The temps are supposed to warm up to near 50 today so the last of the snow should be gone. Tomorrow will be doggy dropping pick-up day. For no longer having a dog I can't believe how many little presents my son and sister's dogs have left me. Plus, the deer have been using the yard as their latrine. That's what irritates me because you have shovel that stuff when it's frozen or you'll just have a mess.

Now it's time to bathe and get dressed. I hope all have a wonderful day and a great rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 3rd, 2013, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to JamesRT Send a message via MSN to JamesRT Send a message via Yahoo to JamesRT

Good Morning from the Show Me State.
Old April 3rd, 2013, 10:26 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........

Hope you Easterners find Spring soon......it is here for us........lows in the mid 40's & highs upper 50's to low 60's.......I'll it......

Y'all have a good day.............

Sharon
Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:04 AM
Admiral

Good Wednesday Morning to Everyone, As you all now know, I am truly Blessed.

The only thing is that I myself am still learning the astounding depth to the Blessings I have already received.

Understand that I had been going down hill for many months, probably in some cases, years. My personal Guardian Angel continues to literally astound me on a daily basis and I offer the following examples which mkes for a fascinating story you simply arenot going to believe.

Fran and I both knew we had some leaks and roofing that had to be repaired. After Fran died, I literally forgot tons of things, that being one. Although I didn't and still don't remember a lot of things, my blessings continue BIG TIME! With all that my "new" adopted family have done for me, what I now understand is just the tip of an enormous iceberg.

The leaks that I only even now vaguely remember, Susan has known about for months as a result of her in-depth cleaning duties. Keep that in mind as I continue.

Because of my "side job," everyone in town knows me and this includes the entire business community. When everyone including moi, thought I was not going to recover, a good friend and top flight business person in town strongly suggested that I officially turn over some responsibilities to Susan simply for two reasons, it would lift a totally unecessary burden from my shoulders, my wishes would be carried out to the letter and most importantly the integrity of all those so involved is of the utterly highest order. So I did. What resulted and continues to result on a daily basis is nothing and I mean nothing less than mind boggling.

Up to this point understand that I though my roof leaks consisted of relatively minor spots on my living room ceiling. Uh-huh, it was far far worse and Susan (against unbeknownst to me remember), commenced my mind boggling journey). Although literally legally authorized to do so I nevertheless was so sick as to be unable to conduct day to day affairs, much less far bigger and more important things.

Comepletely without even my knowledge at the time, she brought insurance adjusters and contractors out to review the roof, the underlayment and complete walls! Please keep in mind I knew absolutely none of this or when I did start learning, even fractionally what had changed in my life in my own home. Beginning today, contractors are starting all over this house. I am having living room walls replaced, a completely new architectural roof is being installed following total removal of the old roof, all new locks are going on all of my doors, a storm door is being totally replaced, etc. The list at least for me is still endless.

Insurance contracts were reviewed, authorized and signed and not only am I getting good contractors, I am getting literally the absolute best within a tri-county area. My repairs will total thousands and thousands of dollars but it will cost me nothing out of pocket!!!!! The sports world would be far better to have Susan overlooking professional sports than the idiots that currently dominate such positions. I have learned that Susan is considered by people all over East Tennessee to be among if not the finest contract negotiator, information gatherer, you name it. Now this is a woman who up until the bottom fell out merely cleaned my house! She also simultaneously literally runs two complete retail businesses.

I already know what is going through your head as it long ago went through mine. How does someone who merely cleaned my home actually turn out to be all the above? It neither fits nor makes sense! And that beloved Cruisemates is what makes everything she and her husband and two children have done for me, even more incredible. I swear, this is a story that wouldn't even begin to fly on TV for the simple reson no one would believe it anyway. Although of only modest financial means (they do have a beautiful home, however), this would even make The Secret Millionaire look incredible. And now the whole thing in a nutshell......IT'S ONLY JUST STARTED!!!! Now I'm more than just"familiar" with contracts for Good Heavens I used to literally write the things.

Now what is my job in all of this? Absolutely nothing, nada, zip! I just sit back and watch it all happen!!!!!!!

And this from a woman who was once derogatively referred to as "A mop pusher!" They only could dream to have such a "mop pusher" in their corner.

And my Blessings and hopefully all of yours as well, continue unabated!

Love to all,

BTW, this was posted several hours ago and is only now making it on. Also, Mike, the one huge complaint I had about the advertisements is still there. I literally cannot read your post because there is an ad I can't get rid of stuck smack in the middle of it. Doesn't do much good to post anything if one can't read it.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:16 AM
Admiral

Good morning from Rhode Island Its cold today and I cancelled a trip to the library. Mike M its so cold here today my FL dog refused to "poo" this morning. Have to give it another try later

Next weekend trout season starts and that's the same weekend Rick will be turning 50 Have some family and friends over for cake and pizza. Following weekend we are in New Hampshire , a cabin by the lake. Fishing, scrabble, fireplace and maybe a glass of wine. When I say cabin its a beautiful house but they still call it cabin

One day closer to our cruise...
Old April 3rd, 2013, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

It's been a busy morning for us. We left the house at 5:30 AM so my DW could go and have her colon checked out. The removed a couple of polyps and now she is sound asleep at home.

Todd I'm glad that you are getting all that much needed help.

Have a nice day folks.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:01 PM
Admiral

Default Weird Wednesday

And a bright sunny morning to everyone. I hope today temps start climbing.

Todd, it's so good to hear from you. What you are going through physically is amazing and so are your friends.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Judy
Old April 3rd, 2013, 12:54 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from sunny and cold NY
Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:12 PM
First Mate

A sunny, mid-40's day for us! Sun is wonderful!!

Todd, it sounds like you found the true angel(s) you deserve. Hope you continue to improve.

Manuel, hope your wife feels better today after the procedure. I am well aware that the worse of the procedure is the prep (yesterday!!)!! I am sure she is glad that is over. I am good for 4.5 more years!!

Hope all have a great day!
Old April 3rd, 2013, 01:18 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haimia View Post
Manuel, hope your wife feels better today after the procedure. I am well aware that the worse of the procedure is the prep (yesterday!!)!! I am sure she is glad that is over. I am good for 4.5 more years!!

!
Thank you Haimia.

She has been on a three year schedule because she usually has a few polyps to remove.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old April 3rd, 2013, 06:17 PM
Admiral

Todd, good to hear from you, and you are one lucky b******!! (and I mean that in the most affectionate way)

donna
Old April 3rd, 2013, 07:37 PM
Admiral

Actually Donna, I understand and sincerely appreciate your comment. It's unusual only due to the fact that a lot of people have a tendancy to leave out the word "Lucky."

Love,
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean