Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning

Morning Mates, it's Thursday and there is another "weather warning" in effect. (where is that eye-roll smiley face when you need it?)
We're good till tomorrow night, but then there's more snow moving in through Saturday. Delightful. Winter is just like the Energizer Bunny around here, it just keeps going and going......

It sure was good yesterday, to hear from Todd! I really missed your wonderful sense of humour and it is so good to have you back!
Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Well, better get ready, it's aquafitness this morning, must get a move on...

donna
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and others to follow.

We had rain during the evening and early this morning. The sun is out now. That is perfect timing.
We did need the rain it has been dry for some time and some brush fires were burning in several places in this county.

I wish you all a nice day.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013
Booked Allure of the Seas....12/27/2015
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

Looks like it's going to be a nice day with sun and temps near 60, a good day for a little yard work.

Went to see The Book of Mormon last night with a few friends, overall I had a good time but the play was just ok.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 4th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........

Temps are still warming.........hope you Easterners stay warm.........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon

Old April 4th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Good Morning cruisemates! I came home from AZ on Tues., for just a few days, to get my taxes and a couple other things done (going back to Arizona Fri for another few weeks).

It was a gorgeous mid 60s F when I arrived, but woke up yesterday to snow

Last Fri. the man who used to be the Mayor of our city, and went on to become Premier of the Province (equivalent to a state Governor, for you folks south of the border) passed away.

Siince then I have been inindated with calls from the media for interviews about him. He used to hang around our bar on a very consistent basis, and therefore we got to know him very well over the years; did a lot of charity events with him in the bar, and a lot of political "business" also got done in the bar.

Our name and his name just sort of got tied together over the decades, and thus I've had a lot of requests for interviews.

So my quiet 3 days at home to get some things done has turned into 4 radio station interviews, and 3 television appearances.

Will try to get my "stuff" done today, as I head back to AZ tomorrow, and temps in the 90s. I need the rest now
Old April 4th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Admiral

Default Thursday Morning

Good morning. It's overcast but that will burn off about mid-morning.

We're headed to Los Angeles later to see a play about Judy Garland.

Have a good day.

Judy
Old April 4th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Cold and sunny once again.
Old April 4th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Admiral

It's been chilly and rainy here all day in upper East Tennessee. The roof itself is installed and now they're tearing out walls in the living room.

No one EVER works for me who isn't fed at meal time. I've had consistently between 7 and 9 workmen here every day. I don't even want to think about how much I've spent (I may be a lot of things but cheap ain't one of 'em) but I feel good that they get good food at least once sometimes twice (if they work late) a day. I've threatened them with the Wrath of God if they don't stop referring to me as, "Sir." I told them I'm old but c'mon, you don't have to give me that big an inferiority complex!

I go for my latest sleep study in a couple of hours. Oh joy! I get to have ten tons of Vaseline and 18,000 electrodes stuck on my head. When done, I look exactly like someone heading for the electric chair. If they throw the wrong swtich, I light up like a Christmas tree! They keep telling me it could add some time to my life expectancy. Now watch, they'll stick a 110V into a 220 and I'll instantly become barbecued "Crispy critter."

Oh the vagaries of getting old!

Take care and I'll try and post sometime tomorrow.

Love to All
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old April 4th, 2013, 06:31 PM
First Mate

Hi everyone. We are working our way back home and today we passed through the area that Todd calls home. The driving was not good as it had been raining since leaving Nashville. The rain turned to snow shortly after entering Virginia on I-81 and the roads became so bad that we decided to stop early for the night. It's still snowing here in Wytheville and we hope conditions are OK to continue north tomorrow. Spring will come....won't it?