CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   It's Friday! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/395422-its-friday.html)

rollerdonna April 5th, 2013 07:30 AM

It's Friday!

Morning Mates, welcome to Friday! The sun is out, but it is still mighty cold out there, and there is a snow/rain storm heading our way this evening.:roll:
Todd, I was glad to see you posting yesterday, and even more glad to see your sense of humour is still intact. rofl
How did the sleep study go? Did you wake up? ;)
Judy, I saw yesterday that you went to see a play about Judy Garland, which reminded me of a funny picture I saw yesterday....let's see if anyone else "gets it"....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...24555316_n.jpg

donna

Moiraine April 5th, 2013 10:17 AM

Good morning mates.

Toto. Cute.

I wish winter would leave. We've had cold rain here for days. They are saying it's supposed to be sunny and warm this weekend. I'm almost at the stage of I'll have to see it to believe it. I will take it if it happens. :D

I had a nice breakfast with mom this morning. I've got grocery shopping and a trip to the library on the agenda for today.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Love ya, Todd.

Mike M April 5th, 2013 10:48 AM

Good morning everyone:

It's a babysitting day today. Our grandson has come down with the crud and didn't go to school yesterday or today. His parents have a seminar to conduct so grandma and grandpa are playing nurse. Actually, other than a slight cough, he isn't feeling too bad.

After the kids pick up our grandson, grandma and grandpa are heading out for the weekend. We are doing a weekend getaway and enjoy "The big city". ;)

We'll have dinner tonight at a Polish restaurant and tomorrow we have reservations at a little place that a friend's son just opened up. He graduated from the Culinary Institute of America four years ago and has been working in Spain since then. He came home and now he and his Dad have gone into the restaurant business. We'll see if he learned anything. ;)

It will be a good weekend to go. It is supposed to be rainy and cool so I won't feel guilty for not doing yard clean up.

I hope everyone has a good Friday and a wonderful weekend.

Donna: That picture is Toto-ly hilarious.

Take care,
Mike

Luanne Russo April 5th, 2013 11:08 AM

Good morning everyone from a soggy Texas. We do have sunshine today, so life is good.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne

LS80 April 5th, 2013 11:08 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........

Warming & rain here...........

Mike........enjoy your weekend get away......

Not much happening here........

Luanne...good to see ya..........

Y'all have a good day........

Sharon

CruisinK n J April 5th, 2013 12:30 PM

It's Friday!

Good morning. It may be Friday, but it's overcast and chilly, too, a good morning to sleep in.

Donna, that was funny! The play was just okay, but it did have some funny lines. At one point, Judy says, "My chin and my tits are in a race for my knees!":D:D

Nothing much on the agenda today except or some boring errands.

Have a good day.

Judy

seadog2 April 5th, 2013 12:44 PM

Good morning all. It's overcast and misty here in So. Cal. still expecting it to be about 75 degrees today. Everyone have a wonderful Friday and great weekend.

Lakers Fan April 5th, 2013 02:22 PM

60 and sunny here .

ToddDH April 5th, 2013 04:20 PM

It's a sunny and relatively warm Friday afternoon here in upper East Tennessee.

Donna, despite being advised I had severe sleep apnea I have already discovered I do not, so no additional machines, gadgets, etc. My O2 level, however, plummeted to 83 while sleeping but that just bears out what I've been saying for years and that is that the heart is just worn out as a result of an abusive lifestyle. The only real dowside is I am now literally the happiest I have ever been in my life. I have lost over 63 lbs. in the last month.

The only thing that concerns me is when my starts talking to me and saying things along the line of, "I'm so tired, I just need to take a little nap." But I explained why that wouldn't be such a great idea and the 'ol ticker replied, "Yeah dad, but your battery is gettin' low and I know it. Figuring it would know what's going on I replied, "Hmmm, guess I better go down into the basement over by the panel box and grab that live 220 volt line, don'tcha' think?" Suddenly my heart realized that taking a "nap" wasn't really all that necessary, especially when the spleen shouted out, "I want my portion slightly rare please."

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and my prayers are with all those in need of prayer, especially of course for Lakers Fan's friend.

Lakers Fan April 5th, 2013 09:58 PM

Todd

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToddDH (Post 1469344)
It's a sunny and relatively warm Friday afternoon here in upper East Tennessee.

Donna, despite being advised I had severe sleep apnea I have already discovered I do not, so no additional machines, gadgets, etc. My O2 level, however, plummeted to 83 while sleeping but that just bears out what I've been saying for years and that is that the heart is just worn out as a result of an abusive lifestyle. The only real dowside is I am now literally the happiest I have ever been in my life. I have lost over 63 lbs. in the last month.

The only thing that concerns me is when my starts talking to me and saying things along the line of, "I'm so tired, I just need to take a little nap." But I explained why that wouldn't be such a great idea and the 'ol ticker replied, "Yeah dad, but your battery is gettin' low and I know it. Figuring it would know what's going on I replied, "Hmmm, guess I better go down into the basement over by the panel box and grab that live 220 volt line, don'tcha' think?" Suddenly my heart realized that taking a "nap" wasn't really all that necessary, especially when the spleen shouted out, "I want my portion slightly rare please."

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and my prayers are with all those in need of prayer, especially of course for Lakers Fan's friend.

Thank you ,my friend.