CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Snowy Saturday (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/395439-snowy-saturday.html)

rollerdonna April 6th, 2013 08:02 AM

Snowy Saturday

Morning Mates, I hate to sound like a broken record, but yes, it is snowing again.:(
I think Mother Nature has Alzheimers and has forgotten that it is supposed to be spring....

Absolutely no plans for the day, which is good since I don't want to go out there anyway.
Looks like a good day for jigsaw puzzles and book reading....

donna

Mike M April 6th, 2013 08:54 AM

Good morning from beautiful downtown Minneapolis.

I see that it is a cloudy and rainy morning as I look out the window from our hotel room on the 19th floor.

I was awake at 5:30 a.m. this morning. Last night we had a great Polish dinner but when we returned to the hotel room I was stuffed and in the beginnings of a Cabbage Roll Coma. ;) I was asleep before 10:00 p.m.. Unfortunately Betty couldn't sleep and didn't fall off until almost 2:00 a.m.. So now I'm up and wide awake and she's sleeping. Oh well, I'll go up to the lounge and get a light breakfast and coffee and do a quick walk through the skyways until she awakens. I imagine that will be somewhere around 9:30.

We are planning on shopping today and then over to our friend's restaurant for dinner. We'll see if the kid can cook.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

Take care,
Mike

rollerdonna April 6th, 2013 11:02 AM

Enjoy your weekend Mike & Betty, we should do that sometime, go to Halifax for the weekend, take in a show, find a good restaurant...but having 3 pets makes things more difficult...

donna

LS80 April 6th, 2013 11:48 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........

Rain for today........but warming......I'll take it........

Mike.......glad ya had a good meal.......walk & enjoy..........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon

Lakers Fan April 6th, 2013 12:26 PM

Sunny and 50 degrees here .I am taking myself out to lunch soon.

CruisinK n J April 6th, 2013 02:26 PM

Snowy Saturday

A late good morning.
The sun is just coming out, but it's still chilly.

Mike, that sounds like a nice weekend. I suggested a similar thing only on Los Angeles Westside. But after experiencing all the traffic downtown on Thursday, I've changed my mind!

Donna, your day sounds nice, too: reading and puzzles. I'd like to do that, too, but I see too much dust!

I'm gonna take myself out to lunch, also.

Judy

Manuel April 6th, 2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollerdonna (Post 1469395)
.:(
I think Mother Nature has Alzheimers and has forgotten that it is supposed to be spring....

donna

That is funny! LOL...LOL

In my neck of the woods it is sunny and windy.

Have a nice weekend folks.

TM

Chuck Palm April 6th, 2013 05:33 PM

99 degrees here in Zihuatanejo, Mexico on a short coastal getaway from Patzcuaro. Time to go back in the pool. Ugh!! Too hot!

dezertcruzer April 6th, 2013 06:55 PM

Too hot here in Arizona too! But I refuse to turn on the air conditioner this early in the season, so I am doing the laundry and sweating! LOL!

I am so excited! In all of my years of cruising, this is the first time I have ever had a price reduction. We booked our January 2014 RCI Serenade of the Seas cruise in November and I have periodically checked the prices, but there hadn't been any movement. I checked it again Tuesday, and, whoa Nellie! I thought I had made a mistake, checked the wrong category or something, so I called my travel agent and within 5 minutes I had a new RCI invoice in hand showing our $520 price reduction ($260 per person)!! Yahoo! Now I can really enjoy that special deep balcony without any guilt about how much extra it was costing. Balcony, here I come with my Kindle!

I hope the weather warms up for some of you, and cools down for some of us, LOL! Have a great weekend Cruise Mates!

balabusta April 6th, 2013 07:12 PM

Good evening from Virginia Beach. I am finally feeling better and have gotten over my bout with C-Diff; a reaction to taking Clindamyacin that was given to quell an infection gotten from having root canal work. This morning I was out there, early, hitting the garage sales. I collect crystal sculpture and found several pieces at great prices.
Time is going by quickly; in three and a half weeks Rob and I depart for our repositioning cruise and then we will get off the ship; spend most of a day in Harwich, U.K. and then spend eleven days touring the British Isles. Then we will spend three glorious days in London.
Hope all my fellow cruisemates are having a great weekend and remember, "good health should not be taken for granted".