Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday, Where is Everybody?

Morning Mates, is everybody sleeping in this morning?
The sun is making a brief appearance this morning, but more rain is in the forecast....and now they're saying a snow dump is expected by Friday.. enough already! James has gone to get his snow tires off this morning, maybe not such a good idea...
Todd, how are you doing, and how are the renovations coming? Hope all is well.

donna
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:28 AM
First Mate

Good morning Donna and everyone who follows. Here in Ottawa it is overcast but warmer than yesterday. Forecast is for snow on Friday and Saturday. Spring is still hiding somewhere.
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from the land of 10,000 Winters.

It looks like old man winter isn't going to go out quite yet. The talking heads are saying that, starting tonight through Thursday, we'll get about a foot of snow.

Now that isn't what I wanted to hear. At least I got the gravel out of the grass and the doggy and deer droppings out of the lawn. If I pack now and start driving I can be in New Orleans by the weekend and catch a ship.

That isn't to be. Yesterday, I booked Betty and my daughter's trip to Europe in September and next month's trip to England so a cruise isn't happening for a while. Unless I can find a cruise that's like me: Cheap and Easy.

Today is closet cleaning day. Yesterday I cleaned and organized my office and fried the paper shredder. Now I have to take the same vigor to my clothes closets and either store or get rid of the stuff that I don't wear or no longer fits. I am worried that the latter is going to be the main reason for getting rid of stuff.

It sounds like Betty is done with her shower so I better get upstairs and get to work.

I hope everyone has a great day and for those getting hit by the snow storm: Good luck.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Admiral

Good morning Mates

Wow RD, your weather just won't give you a break. Maybe in a week or so spring will arrive.

It's quite warm here with temps near 80. And we are just a few days away from our Oasis cruise.

At this rate I am forgetting what winter weather feels like.

Have a nice day everybody.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Old April 9th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest...........

Not much changing here........lows in the mid 40's.........highs in the mid 50's........

Mike.....good luck with cleaning out the closet.........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old April 9th, 2013, 11:01 AM
First Mate

Have been enjoying the wonderful (?) weather lately! The temps are in the 70's for the past day or so and to last through tomorrow. The ? is for the showers and storms we are to get. Yesterday was windy but dry for the most part. Today, tonight, tomorrow and Thursday all are calling for showers and storms. Showers I don't mind. I don't like the storms!!

Not much happening. DH is working 12 all week, going in at 5:00 pm. So my evenings are pretty quiet with just the dogs and I. DD#1 is getting ready to leave on vacation to Las Vegas. DD#2 is working away at her job and her second "as needed" job. So they are busy, busy, busy.

Hope all are having a good day. Enjoy it!
Old April 9th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Admiral

Default Tuesday, Where is Everybody?

Good morning. Heavy winds did a lot of damage in SoCal, including fire. Wasn't so bad in our area. One poor old lady lost her husband two months ago. Yesterday, here house burned down. We take for granted what we have . . .

Errands today and meatball soup at Norm's.

Have a good day, all.

Judy
Old April 9th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

Hope everyone has a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 9th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Admiral

Actually, this posting would probably be more appropriate under Sunday's, "Is everybody sleeping in?" I just had no energy today but at least I know why. I've for some reason developed the habit of having my Blood Pressure fall through the basement. Last Sunday we had Sunday brunch at a restaurant named Cheddars up in Johnson City. Oh my gosh what outstanding food and the onion rings are to die for and you receive a literally small mountain of them.

At any rate as we were leaving I knew instantly I was in deep doo-doo so I had Shawn rush me home. By the time we arrived I had recovered to some degree but took my BP. The results weren't exactly encouraging for even at that point it was 58/47. I had a medicine adjustment early the next morning and it is starting to have an effect. Currently, my BP is 106/58. Needless to say, I can no longer join the track club.

I've had a tremendous weight lifted frommy shoulders as I finally have my legal affairs fully in order, something about which I was worried sick so there is another and far more important load off. Now, since I have a true Personal Assistant handling all of my legal stuff such as bank accounts up to and including the signing of construction contracts etc., ad nauseam, I no longer worry about anything. She tells me stop spending and I do. Then when she tells me, "Okay, you can spend again as long as you are reserved:" the gloves come off.

I have found something that some of you might wish to try. Although I have sufficient income, I'm still lower middle class in that regard. Nevertheless I've started spending like a drunken sailor and it's never on me. I get absolutely the biggest kick out of dropping 20 and 50 dollar bills in such a manner as those for whom they're intended have no idea their point of origin. I carefully choose those who are poor but not because they're lazy and if you did what I did for over 27 years and then ran gorgeous low income apartment complexes, I know instantly the difference between the truly "needy" as opposed to the "I wants." With the young the first thing I ask is, "You never lie to your parents do you?" When they say "no" and they're sincere when they say it), I'll drop a 20 or a 50 dollar bill at their feet and say, "Look! See what someone dropped!" Now run and tell your Mommy you found it on the floor. I then get "into the wind" because I know that some parents are going to figure out what happened and go looking for the "pervert" that is attempting to corrupt their child. It's sad that we live in such a Society but we've brought it on ourselves. But since everything I do is anonymous, I honestly don't worry even if they feel that way. Another thing (and this is what started me on my mission. I was standing in line at the supermarket and in front of me was a very elderly couple. The wife weas trying to make sure that they had enough money for their order. Realizing they didn't, the wife started putting items and I mean staples, not frozen foods, candy, etc. aside. Of course I knew the reason. As I knew the check out girl well, I winked, pointed a thumb at my chest and she instantly understood. They were lodaing their bags into a cart when she took the items that had been set aside, rung them up, put them in a bag and casually put that bag in the cart for the couple. To tell the truth, having become more emotional as I've aged, I almost cried.

To synopsisize, if you are sick, or just down or even happy, try anonymous giving. As Justin Wilson would say, "I guarrrronteee" you'll get an instant "kick" out of life but be careful.....it becomes habit forming!

Hope everyone had a fantastic Tuesday and will have an even better "hump' day tomorrow!

Love to all of my beloved Cruisemates who by the way and believe it or not, have remained in my prayers even on the night all the physicians said I wouldn't survive. Don't you just love ruining somebody's "educated" guesses?
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old April 9th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Admiral

Today it was hot and sunny here ,not a day to be in the house.