Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Admiral

Default Cruise Comparison

Peggy and I just returned from a seven day cruise from Galveston on Crown Princess. We compared it with a similar cruise on Carnival Magic last year. My subjective analysis is as follows. Princess was more efficient on both embarkation and debarkation. The food on Princess was much better and among the best we have had on 30 cruises. Both were crowded, but Carnival Magic was much more crowded. The shows on Princess were better and we had one in the theatre every night. On Carnival every show was preceded by a Bingo session, and one night Carnival had no show and on another it was a passenger talent show. Music in the lounges and the activities by the cruise staff were both good and probably about equal. I am not sure about the movies on Carnival, but Princess had all the academy award winners. This may not matter to some of you, but Carnival had an afternoon tea on only the sea days and used tea bags. On Princess, there was a tea each day and the tea was brewed and much better The plaza area on Princess at the base of the atrium had an International Cafe with excellent sandwiches and sweets which were free and changed during the day. I even found chocolate covered glazed donuts there in the mornings. Carnival had nothing to equal it .Princess also had a free pub lunch on two days which Carnival didn't have. The only thing really superior on Carnival was the water slides which Princess didn't have. The waiters on Princess didn't have to sing and dance on Princess as they did on Carnival. Some of you may prefer it, but I think it places an extra burden on the waiters.

Just saying.......
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Captain

Very well written; thanks for that! Now, what about the buckets of beer on Carnival vs Princess?????
Inspiration -09/05
Mariner-05/06 & 10/09
Century-01/07
Crown-04/07
Liberty-11/07
Explorer-08/08
Insignia-11/08
Destiny-07/09
Oasis Inaugural Cruise-12/09
Monarch-03/10 & 07/10
Equinox-08/10
Freedom-02/2012