Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Default Flooded Thursday!!

Well heavy rain has hit us and we have 1 1/2 ft. of water in the basement!
Looks like our check valve is the fault. More heavy rain is expected and the water did go down some so I'm closing the basement door and will forget about it for today, there's nothing else we can do at this time.
As much as it stinks to go through this again things could be so much worse so I'm truly blessed.
Have a great day mates!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning from a sad, wet Central Texas. Our weather reflects our mood this morning.

I am sleepy this morning as I stayed up into the early morning, trying to find out more details of the explosion in West, Texas.

This is a wonderful little town, north of us. We always stop there on the way home from our trips. Keep them in your thoughts as you go through the day.

Aerogirl, I am sorry for the flooding in your basement.

Continuing my thoughts and prayers for those in the Boston area. Love you Linda.

Take care everyone, and remember those hugs, that are free to give.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Good Morning Cruise Mates!! Luanne when I first heard the sad news about West I thought of you and Jim and sent a prayer. I am glad to see it was answered. I know your sadness for the devastation there. I come from the Boston area and I have been feeling really emotional all week. This has been a horiffic week. I am so worried that the carnage is not over yet for this week. I just keep praying that we have seen the end of it.
I have no plans for the day as yet. Possibly a trip to the pool to cool off. It is supposed to be around 90 later.
Have a fabulous day everyone.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old April 18th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........

Luanne...........was thinking of you.......huggs........

Not much going on today........

Y'all have a good day...........

Sharon
Old April 18th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone.

Robin: Now that is a "sucky" way to start the day. I had a sump pump fail a number of years ago and had just over 1" of water in the basement and that was a real PIA to clean up. 1.5 feet will be nasty. Hopefully, your insurance will cover the clean up and repairs. Just be prepared to live with the sound of dehumidifiers running for awhile.

It is April 18th and we are, once again, under a Winter Storm warning. The talking heads are saying we could get 6 to 8 inches of heavy, wet stuff by tomorrow. Yes, I am starting to get tired of Winter.

I called my daughter last night to let her know about a pretty good deal on Carnival, for an Alaska cruise. The problem is that the kids have had so many snow days this year they will have to stay in school eight additional days, so that shot that idea down.

Nothing much on the agenda for today. Just the normal stuff.

I hope all are well and that Thursday can be as good as it can be.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 18th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Sorry to those affected by the mid-west storms and to those injured in Waco Texas .
Old April 18th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Morning Mates, and so sorry Aerogirl to hear you are flooded. Laura and Luanne, I;m sure we all feel for those in Texas and in Boston, whether or not we are from there, it's been a horrendous week....

To lighten the mood, I'll post a pic of poor little Griffin who did not have a good day at the groomers yesterday. Every woman has had the experience of going to the hairdresser and being hugely disappointed with the results; well it was that kind of day for Griffin. For some unknown reason the girl shaved his front legs naked from top to bottom and left the rest of him thick and fluffy - he looks like a sheep! Worst of all, under all that hair we discovered his legs are bowed and his feet turn out so he looks ridiculous. I have to take him to doggie class tonight, he's going to be laughed out of the room!

donna
Old April 18th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna View Post
To lighten the mood, I'll post a pic of poor little Griffin who did not have a good day at the groomers yesterday. Every woman has had the experience of going to the hairdresser and being hugely disappointed with the results; well it was that kind of day for Griffin. For some unknown reason the girl shaved his front legs naked from top to bottom and left the rest of him thick and fluffy - he looks like a sheep! Worst of all, under all that hair we discovered his legs are bowed and his feet turn out so he looks ridiculous. I have to take him to doggie class tonight, he's going to be laughed out of the room!

donna
Donna:

Griffin doesn't care and neither will the other dogs at doggy class. It's the people that care, laugh and make fun of the haircut. Believe me, the dog will know something is wrong. When my daughter was in vet school the animals would have all sorts of "haircuts" after surgery. No one was allowed to make fun, laugh or poke fun of the animal. If they did they would be severely reprimanded. The animal knows, not in human terms but they know, that they are being made fun of. So give the guy a break and don't laugh at him. Just go and rip the groomer a new one.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 18th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Admiral

Good Morning All! Been a few days here since I have been on.

Spring finally sprung in South Jersey and Marj is completely involved with the landscaping of our new place and she drags me into it on weekends . I told her to back off or I am bringing out the roundup.

Robin that sux for sure. Luann we are all praying for the people of West and the first responders.

We were given sample messages on what message to leave on our phone when we are taking a furlough day. I prefer my version "Hi, This is Doug Roberts of the Grants Management Branch I am on furlough today so take your problems elsewhere."

Donna, Griffin is a handsome guy and looks more and more like our Abbie each day!

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Explorer of the Seas October 2013
Caribbean Princess July 2006, May 2010 & November 2012
Monarch of the Seas November 2008
Crown Princess November 2007
Celebrity Zenith November 2005
Enchantment of the Seas August 2004
Old April 18th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Admiral

Doug, I hear you about the company phones. Jim doesn't have to worry about his message, because they took the phones away. He must now use his personal phone to stay in touch with the soldiers and commanders.

They can no longer take care of the military vehicles, so he must drive his truck to the field, or walk more than 2 miles.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old April 18th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Admiral

I'll take the flooded basement ! This is on the southside of the city.

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old April 18th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Admiral

Oh Robin that is terrible. Was anyone hurt?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old April 18th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luanne Russo View Post
Oh Robin that is terrible. Was anyone hurt?
Yes, I believe one man had some head trauma.
I had to run out and I was behind a truck that said "Checked your flood control lately"?
Like I stated with all the crazy things going on right now in the world this is nothing and I'm really not upset at all, in a few day this life will return to normal, sadly not the case for so many other.
I'm truly blessed.

Thanks everyone.

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014