Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Admiral

Default It's Saturday!

Morning Mates, from a mild, but very windy Pictou County. Apparently I was mistaken yesterday about the incoming storm, someone posted an article that was dated LAST Friday, so that was LAST weekend's storm!

Actually, yesterday was quite nice, even got up to 20C or 68F which is a record so far this year!
Today so far looks very windy and a bit of rain, but we have to green things up!

Quite the events unfolded last night in Boston, was glued to CNN all evening, and I'm sure everyone agrees, so glad they got him alive with no further loss of life to anyone. Maybe we can all relax a little now and enjoy the weekend.

donna
Old April 20th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Temps here are still warming some....might even hit 72 next week........

Glad to hear Boston can get back to normal.......

Y'all have a good day.............

Sharon

Old April 20th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Default It's Saturday

Good morning. Gonna be a hot one. Before Keith left for Riverside, he went to the neighborhood yard sale and came home with a much-needed office chair. Anything would be better than what he had!

I'm going to take a chance and go shopping. The battery light came on yesterday and quickly disappeared, so I don't know if the elecrical system made a mistake or what.

We were glued to the t.v., too. Allergies are killing me. Gotta go take a Claritin.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old April 20th, 2013, 12:04 PM
Admiral

Good morning all!

It's a beautiful day here in Upper East Tennessee albeit a cool one with a high around 60.

Went to a class this morning for my new Galaxy Note II. Okay, now that I've learned to turn it on....................

Like a lot of the "Over The Hill Gang" I can testify that yes, the mind is the first thing that goes. Neverthe less and however long it takes, I'll learn to use the thing simply because it really does a lot of stuff that would make my life easier. With my luck though, I'll just get to the stage I wish to reach and then bang! it'll be planting time in that lovely large patch of ground that has all of these carved stones in it. Cest la vie.

I too am so thankful that the horror is over in Boston and the two brothers who committed these horrific acts either already have or will receive their just desserts. Sadly that will not bring anyone back. We must always remember that.

Here's wishing everyone a marvelous weekend and God Bless!
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old April 20th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Admiral

Good morning

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old April 20th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Admiral

Aerogirl ,its like a mini Sandy .

--------------------
Old April 20th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers Fan View Post
Aerogirl ,its like a mini Sandy .

--------------------
LF... it's really bad for so many people , some of their houses are completely under water...I can't begin to even imagine going through something like that.

We are so lucky to have only gotten the 18 inches of water and we already have the drywall cut out and floors pretty clean. Next step is to bleach the lower part of the framing,insurance is paying for everything so that's a plus and life goes on pretty much normally for us.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old April 20th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Admiral

Good afternoon from Virginia Beach where the weather started out to be drizzly this morning but, thankfully, has cleared up! I hit a neighborhood garage sale this morning but was sorely disappointed at the selection of items for sale; that rarely happens for me at garage sales. Eleven more days and Rob and I depart for our back-to-back cruises; time just can't go by fast enough! Tonight we are meeting friends for dinner at Smokey Bones; quite often they do offer coupons online. Hope that all my fellow cruisemates have a great day and that they take time to remember the families that were affected from the bombing at the Boston Marathon in your thoughts and prayers.
Old April 27th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Admiral

A rainy saturday in Alabama. No yard work today. I think we are going to spend the day shopping for more plants and decorations for the yard.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Marc

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14