CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Cruise ship app (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/395824-cruise-ship-app.html)

Trip April 28th, 2013 10:05 AM

Cruise ship app

I recently saw an ad for a free, cruise ship lawyer app, which according to them will help you with, this and more.

photo, audio and video storage to document accident scenes
free case evaluation form
injury-related expense tracker
skype feature so you can make calls while at sea, to speak to the lawyers

I could see this being good for someone involved in a serious situation onboard, or in port. The lawyers who created this, could get many new clients, where, if passengers who wait till they got home, then scouted for representation, would let their fingers do the walking, or, get friends and family recommendations.

Most people, never will have the need for this type of representation, thankfully, but, would you download this app, for an sense of extra protection,along with your travel insurance?

aerospace April 28th, 2013 11:16 AM

If your glass is half empty, man do I have an app for you! :)

Mike M April 28th, 2013 01:02 PM

I have one response to this one: Oy vey!

Gee: If you have a Smart Phone you already have video recording capability so just record something and show it later.

This is just an example of how low some lawyers will go to get a client. These are the lawyers that give the profession a bad name.

I could see someone loading this app before their cruise and then going out of their way to find "something" wrong and get a free cruise or other compensation out of it.

I think I won't waste the bandwidth downloading that app.

Take care,
Mike

Trip April 28th, 2013 03:06 PM

The people that slip and fall at the supermarket will love this app,and I do agree, larceny is in the hearts of many. I have an old flip phone, so I guess I'll have to pass;)

skymaster April 28th, 2013 06:41 PM

PLEASE! Give me a break! (And they wonder why so many of us have a LOW opinion of lawyers?)

Cruznut2 April 29th, 2013 03:47 AM

I give up on apps for my phone. None of them ever work for me. My bank app has not worked ever. I still get out and go to the bank...............That works! My phone has a life of it's own anyway. I am really afraid to give it any more power. Not kidding here, this phone scares the stuffing out of me sometimes.

Laura

green_rd April 29th, 2013 11:10 AM

That free Skype will cost you ship board internet time.

skymaster April 29th, 2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by green_rd (Post 1471646)
That free Skype will cost you ship board internet time.

YOU GOT THAT RIGHT! It'll cost you BIG TIME!

Trip April 29th, 2013 09:40 PM

If one passenger with a real claim texted them through this app, and hired them, I'm sure they would feel the creation of the app, was well worth it...and other firms would soon follow.