Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Admiral

Red face Good Morning Monday!

Morning Mates, I see the size and colour buttons are still not working, which means most of us will not be able to read the posts without a magnifying glass...
My countdown clock is still missing too, I need to know how many days I have left to wait!

Yesterday we enjoyed a perfect sunny and warm spring afternoon outside on our friends' deck, and the most delicious dinner of Montreal smoked meat, followed by homemade Kahlua brownies! Perfect day.

Off to get some breakfast and start my week now...have a good one!

donna
Old May 6th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Admiral

Good Monday morning to you RD and all who follow.

Maybe, Donna, your cruise ticker will be back before you sail.

A typical "blah" wet Monday morning here in upper East Tennessee. The forecast is pretty much the same through, it appears, Wednesday.

Watched the typical "wreck fest" at Talladega yesterday. Because of 200 mph multi-car pileups and rain delays, they finally ran the last lap at around eight last night! The excitement was worth it.

It's off tomorrow evening to Johnson City for the 2nd anniversary of Kari's Heart Foundation, founded as most of you know, by my friend and Cardiologist Jeff Schoondyke and his wie Jennifer. It'll be a surprise for Jeff who, when he walks through the door will discover not only the celebration but he'll have to take the lead with his band, The Johnson City Hit Men, which will be all set up. How they're going to do that will be interesting as all the band members, save one, either work for or in association with him.

As many of you also already know, I've "adopted" one of the kids the Foundation is helping. The little guy, Westin, has been waiting two years for a heart transplant which they may re-evaluate as it turns out that he only has a 20% chance of surviving the procedure. Although we've never personally met, he is absolutely precious as there are bocoup photographs of him. He has, however progressed to the point he can start coming home from Philly for a couple of days every month or so. Instead of coming home this month, he was able to go to Disney World with other disabled children. He has always looked forward to that, especially the "Pirate Cruise" attraction and he finally got his wish due to in great part, the foundaton's financial assistance. I was absolutely thrilled that he progressed to the point that he was physically able to have his dream come true. The tears flowed freely when I learned he was finally going to get to go. I was determined, regardless of the cost, that this would be "Westin's year," and so it has at last, come true.

Although I've yet to meet Westin personally (something that will soon occur), as fate would have it, when I asked that he be added to the Prayer List last Wednesday eveing at mid-week services, i discovered that the man who always sits directly behind us, is a good friend of his grandather's! Small world indeed. Now would someone please tell me that "prayer" doesn't work!

Here's wishing all of my beloved Cruisemates a wonderful Monday and a great week ahead. Of course, prayers continue for all.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest..........hit 84 for yesterday & suppose to be warmer today........I'll take it!!!!

It's Monday...........so laundry for me.......so much fun.......

Todd.......sounds like ya had a full day.........

Y'all have a good day...............

Sharon
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Good Morning Todd, Donna & Sharon

Cloudy but mild here today.

Getting ready to head over to my moms and take her to run a few errands as she's still not able to drive after her knee surgery.

Have a great day!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

cruising the Breeze with Ray B & Lisa

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. After 90 plus temps all last week it's raining here in So. Cal. Rain is expected through today and tomorrow and back to normal by Wednesday. Everyone enjoy your day.
Old May 6th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to rayb Send a message via Skype™ to rayb
Default jusst a little late

Just a little pass 12 but I been so busy after retuning from our short cruise.

I am well and still kicking. Church yesterday and a ball tonight. Oh got an appt this afternoon to try to have a hicky removed from top of my head. My comb strocking my few hairs get cought on in. I hope the Dermo takes it off.

See you all round and about.

RayB

I Sail The Carnival Dream.

The Royal Princess Transatlantic.

I sail The Crown Princess to The Southern Caribbean.
Old May 6th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Default Good Morning Monday

Good morning. Yes, it's wet and blah here in SoCal, but that's really not a complaint. We need the rain, especially the firemen.

Have a good day!

Judy
Old May 6th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Yes, it's raining in SoCal! We Arizona desert dwellers are in the LA area to take in the LA Dodgers/AZ Diamondbacks game tonight and it's raining!! It hasn't rained in how long?? And now it's going to rain for us to sit out at the baseball game! Argh!! Oh well, at least the rain is helping control and put out the wild fires. We'll play it by ear this evening. Meanwhile, we have tickets for early afternoon to see the Endeavor Space Shuttle at the California Science Center.

Have a great day, Cruise Mates!
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Admiral

A beautiful day today on the east coast .