Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Monday 5/20

Hi Kids,

Overcast now, but will be in the high 70's and sunny, shortly. Bruce has planted his veggies, so, I am hoping his crop will be just as good as last years was..Nothing like shopping in the garden!
Today I am off for a mani ~pedi, and lunch with a friend.

Tomorrow night she will also be at my Diva Dinner at a new restaurant, that offers Tepanyaki..If I squint, I can pretend I am on a ship Our grill table is filled, with 23 ladies, that will walk down memory lane,and and laugh the night away. Should be fun!

Make it a good one.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; May 20th, 2013 at 09:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a warm, and grab your hat, windy, Texas.

I stayed up to late last night, reading. It's fun while your doing it, but oh is it bad in the mornings.

Trip, Have a good day, and your dinner tonight.

Josh and I are meeting with the Ins. guy today. I am slowly trying to reduce our monthly payments, and this is somewhere we can cut back.

Jake is going through the terrible twos. He looks for things to get into. He has also tripled his size in the last two weeks. He is three months old today.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 20th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Admiral

Red face

Morning Mates, it's still freezing here in Nova Scotia, but at least it stopped raining and the sun is out...

Trip, sounds like fun plans, enjoy!
Luanne, Griffin is also going through the "terrible twos" even though he is almost 10 months old...

This Monday is a holiday in Canada, Queen Victoria's birthday, so no work today. too cold for gardening or planting, don't know what I'll do, but I think the word "relax" sounds good, don't you?

donna
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

I hope Monday finds all of our mates safe and sound , watching the news and seeing all of the devastation from these storms.

A little of this and that to do today but nothing too exciting .

Donna... Sending you some of our hot & humid weather your way.

Have a good one mates.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 20th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........suppose to reach 70 today........looking forward to that.......

Trip......sounds like a fun time tonight........

It's Monday.......sooooo..........

Y'all have a good day.............

Sharon
Old May 20th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Default Monday 5/20

Good morning. Gonna be a hot one 97!

Keith has a routine doctor's appt. this morning. I plan to kick back and read the paper.

Have a good day!

Trip, your evening sounds fun. Actually so does the mani-pedi!

Judy
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:30 PM
First Mate

A hot Monday in store for us. To be near or at 90 in NW Ohio. Then, a cool-down later in the week to a more normal 70's for May.

We finished with he** week last week. Two doctor appointments, two retirement classes for DH work, three medical tests for me (one was over two hours away in Dayton) and a mishmash of other things all in one short little week. It is over and I am waiting on all the results of tests to hit the doctor so he can decide what to do! I have a hemmoraged vocal cord, a vocal cord nodule, a larengeal reflux burn and apparently several other "things" going on in my throat.

Cruise is coming up fast and I have a lot of research that I want to do before we go. I found that I enjoy the sites better if I research some prior to going, so I know what I am looking at!!! Well, duh!

Hope all have a good day and a good week. Wishing I was doing some of what you guys are, like the mani-pedi or the cruise get together down in Florida. Oh well, gotta wait for my turn!
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Good early afternoon everyone.

It's been a busy morning. We had to take Betty's car into the garage to have a lube and oil change. It also needs new front brake pads. I want it in tip top shape for our June, Vegas, Arizona and Texas trip. We will be meeting with our Australian cousins in Vegas and then visiting friends in Flagstaff, Phoenix and Yuma. From there we'll drive to Dallas and spend a few days with my brother and SIL. We should be gone about 2.5 weeks.

Today, I also visited the dermatologist again and found out something interesting. My paracarditis is probably related to my psoriasis. She finally was able to talk to my cardiologist and he agreed that I should try a different therapy. I now have shots that I will give myself three times a week. This should help my skin and, hopefully, other issues. We'll see.

Otherwise: Just waiting to pick up Betty's car and then we'll drop off the Suburban for an oil change and routine maintenance.

I hope all the puppies get over their "terrible twos" problems. When I look back to Kramer he had the "terrible ones". By the time he was two he was pretty well over any problems, other than running after pheasants. I broke him of that habit. No: I never beat or hit him. He did get the shock collar about four times in his life but the grab by the scruff of the neck and "the voice" were the best training techniques. Gladly those didn't have to be done too often.

Oh well: It's off to see what trouble I can stir up.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Came home after only being gone for an hour, and Jake had T.Pd the bedroom, and part of the livingroom. It was only that the roll ran out, that he was only able to do part of the house.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Admiral

Today was sunny and hot but the next 4 days will be thunderstorms and hot.