Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Admiral

Red face Soaking Saturday!

Yippeeeeee! The font, size, and colour buttons are working once again! Whoo Hoo!
As you can see, I'm feeling very PURPLE today.....it is raining, really hard, heavy rain, and it is supposed to rain like that ALL weekend. Not fun.

Our Ship Hector, big tourist attraction, opens today for the new season. So far I am the only one on the schedule for guiding tours and manning the front desk. We have 60 volunteers, and nobody has stepped up for opening day....it's going to be a long summer!

donna (who is very happy to be purple again)
let's see if my countdown clock is working....

Dang! no countdown clock, and although I typed this in "4" font size, it comes up tiny once again...grrrrr.....
Old May 25th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Donna, and all those to follow. It is also wet here, but we are so thankful for it.

It has been a very interesting few days. Jim received an assignment two days ago, and I want to go with him so bad. It is a place that has always been on my so called bucket list. We didn't have the money for me to fly, so we gathered FF miles, and points to come up with the fare. It was finally all put together last night. Good thing is I am going, but the bad thing is Jim and I leave at different times, and very different planes. A couple of years ago, this wouldn't have been a problem, but with my problems, we can't help but be a little concerned.

Today is not very well planned. I am sure we will come up with something to do.

I wish all my Cruisemates a wonderful day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Good morning ladies

A cloudy and cooler day in these parts today.
I'm up early needing to get ready for a high school graduation at 10:00 and then next door to a first birthday party for my neighbor's son.....let the party season begin!

Luanne ...I'm happy you get to go but sorry your unable to fly together, was his plane full ? I'm confident you'll be fine.

A Happy Memorial Day Weekend......giving thank too all our brave men & women for their sacrifices.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old May 25th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........still cool & rainy......oh well......

The Alaska cruise season has begun.......fun to watch the ships in port........

Not much going on........

Luanne.......glad ya get to go with Jim......I'm sure you will do fine.....you will be in my thoughts........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon
Old May 25th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

I just finished feeding the grandson and having a nice breakfast chat about aliens, how they make monsters for movies and giant squids. I learned a couple of new things from my seven year old teacher.

He is staying with us because my granddaughter had her eleventh birthday party yesterday and last night. Twelve girls slept over and removing the "pesky" little brother from the equation was a good idea.

It is a rainy day again today. I was hoping we could do a little boating and fishing but that is going to have to be scrapped. Even with the rain the temps are going to only be in the 50's so that won't be too conducive to being out on the lake. Betty is still waiting for the water to warm up to see if she can still get up on singles for water skiing. Her goal is still be able to get up on singles at 70. Hell, I couldn't do singles when I was 30. If she has to go to doubles, she'll be devastated.

Luanne: Glad to here you will be going with Jim. Don't worry too much about flying separate. Just think about the fun you'll have and what you will be able to experience once you reach your destination.

I hope all Cruisemates have a great Memorial Day weekend and remember that Memorial Day isn't just a BBQ day. Honor those who have given the ultimate sacrifice and served our country.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old May 25th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogirl View Post
Good morning ladies

A cloudy and cooler day in these parts today.
I'm up early needing to get ready for a high school graduation at 10:00 and then next door to a first birthday party for my neighbor's son.....let the party season begin!

Luanne ...I'm happy you get to go but sorry your unable to fly together, was his plane full ? I'm confident you'll be fine.

A Happy Memorial Day Weekend......giving thank too all our brave men & women for their sacrifices.
Thanks everyone for your encouragement.

Jim has to go through the gov. web site for his flight, because they are the cheapest. When he went to book mine, that flight wasn't available. I actually have it better. He flies from here to Dallas to Denver to Rapid City. He starts his flying at 5:30 am.

My flight is from here to Dallas to Rapid city. My flight starts at 9:30. Both of our flights get there within 10 minutes of each other.

I am pretty sure I will be okay. My attacks are somewhat controlled. I just don't want to have one on the plane. The cops would be called, and then CNN.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old May 25th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Good morning from the Arizona desert, where the temperatures have been surprisingly mild for this time of year. We've only had a handful of days over 100 so far, and the nights are still cool enough that I can turn off the air conditioner when we go to bed and open the windows. Delaying those super-sized electrical bills for a while is certainly welcome!

LuAnne, I continue to carry you with me in my thoughts and prayers. I know that the uncertainty of your future as you deal with the difficult challenges of your diagnosis affects everything you do. I hope you are able to continue to make choices which make you happy but don't stress you out too much. Try to relax and enjoy your upcoming journey.

I hope everyone pauses during their holiday weekend activities to remember those who gave their lives to ensure our freedom. Their sacrifices are what enable us to live the wonderful lives we do.

Have a great Saturday, Cruise Mates!
Old May 25th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Admiral

Default Soaking Saturday

Good morning. Sunny and pleasant.

Keith took my car to the clinic yesterday, and when he came out, it wouldn't start. Eventually, he had to have it towed to the mechanic. No car til Tuesday. So we'll have to go to his son's house tomorrow in the Acura (Old Faithful) with no a/c. I hope it's a cool day!

No Riverside today, so some projects will get done. I'm glad to have him home.

Have a great holiday weekend!

Judy

Old May 25th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Familiar Face

good morning, cloudy weather here
Old May 25th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by silaner View Post
good morning, cloudy weather here
Good morning Silaner, and welcome to the morning thread. We hope you will let us know about your day ahead.

Again, Welcome....
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Old May 25th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Admiral

I had a busy morning and since I got up early I was tired by noontime. Since then I took a nap and now we will go out to dinner tonight.

It's going to be an Italian restaurant, after all we can't have Portuguese food all the time.

Luanne have safe trip. It's nice to have FF miles.

TM
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!