CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Sunday Morning Still No Sun (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/396351-sunday-morning-still-no-sun.html)

rollerdonna May 26th, 2013 07:33 AM

Sunday Morning Still No Sun

Morning Mates, still dull gray and rainy here in Pictou County, this is getting old. :(

Yesterday was not a good day. When I got home from volunteering Sat. afternoon I realized Emma was not well. Rushed her to the vet, which was closing at 3pm but they took her in anyway. She is diagnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy, and enlarged heart, and fluid in her lungs. Prognosis is not good, but we will know more today.
Meanwhile, last night I noticed Griffin, who had a few red spots from what I thought were bug bites, was suddenly covered in a bright red-ringed spotty rash. I am headed off to the vet emergency this morning....
This weekend in going to cost me big time, but I will do anything for my fur babies!

donna

Mike M May 26th, 2013 08:21 AM

Good morning everyone:

Donna, my best to Emma. Has she been diagnosed with heart problems before? I know she has some health issues.

I forwarded your pictures of Griffin and she said that it probably is not ringworm but an allergic reaction to some sort of bug, flea or tick bites. Take him in to make sure it isn't tick bites.

I worked my rear off yesterday. Betty had decided that Roundup would get rid of some crabgrass and dandelions that had popped up on the lawn. :roll: Well: It worked but not before it destroyed the lawn. I spent most of yesterday pulling up the dead spots (and there was a lot of them) putting in new soil and re-seeding. The best part was that when she was spraying she didn't know that the nozzle was leaking so it dribbled and killed the grass as she walked from one spot to the next. Oh well: As Cheech and Chong said: "It's only grass". :)

Today is still a mystery. We take our grandson home around 11:00 a.m. so he can go to a family cook-out with his parents. After that I don't know what mischief Betty and I will come up with. Maybe some naughty vacuuming or "dirty dusting". ;)

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and wonderful Memorial Day.

Take care,
Mike

Luanne Russo May 26th, 2013 10:27 AM

Good morning Donna, Mike, and all those to follow. It is a bright, sunny day here in Texas, and should get up into the 90's.

Donna, I am so sorry about Emma. I hope she is able to get well soon.

Mike, Your a hoot!!!:D

I am about half a sleep this morning. I would have still been in bed if Jake had not decided it was time for me to wake up.

Last night I spent hours on the computer, researching our trip. I have been speaking to some people on another site, who live in that area, and they have been trying to help me get as much in as possible.

At one point, I insulted someone when I said I didn't need to get right up to Rushmore, but would be satisifed seeing it from the road, on the way to somewhere else. The nerve of me...

I had already told her I was a American History buff, so I didn't need to know how the monument was made.

After she said she and all SD people were insulted, I remindered her that the man who did Mt. Rushmore, first rejected the offer in SD and went to Ga. to do Stone Mountain. I told her I grew up there, so I spent a lot of time looking up Gen. Lee's nose, and didn't need to look up Pres. Washington's as well. It was not my finest hour. Late last night, I told all of them how sorry I was for being rude.

The fact is we will be on the ground for a total of 5 days. You have all been on these trips with me, by way of computer, so you know that once Jim gets to working, he most of the time, works sun up to sun down. So 5 days, first is monday when we get there at 1:30 pm three when he is working, and the last we leave at O dark thirty to come home.

So all I am garenteed is the first day from 1:30 to bed time. I will not leave SD without seeing old George, Thomas, Teddy, and Abe. But, I would like to see something else if we can.

Anyway, I have to get there first.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne

Trip May 26th, 2013 10:52 AM

Hi Kids,
What a crappy string of days we are having....raw and chilly and rainy, oh my!

Yesterday, we finally bought a mattress and looked at carpet. I decided that since there is no way to compare this needed item, I would go with the person who gave me the info,and didn't high pressure us.Now, I just have to wallpaper one wall, reupholster the headboard and schedule them.

RD, I hope you get good news on both dogs,and Luanne, give em hell:)

Make it a good one.

rollerdonna May 26th, 2013 11:35 AM

Update: the sun has come out! :D
Spoke to the vet, she's certain Griffin is suffering an allergic reaction to black fly bites, Benadryl is the treatment of choice. When we spoke at 8:30 she had not yet made her rounds at the clinic, so no word yet on Emma, still waiting to hear...

donna

Lakers Fan May 26th, 2013 04:40 PM

Sunny ,beautiful and 68 degrees here now.

skymaster May 26th, 2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollerdonna (Post 1474282)
Update: the sun has come out! :D
Spoke to the vet, she's certain Griffin is suffering an allergic reaction to black fly bites, Benadryl is the treatment of choice. When we spoke at 8:30 she had not yet made her rounds at the clinic, so no word yet on Emma, still waiting to hear...

donna

Donna, your description of Griffins problem sounds EXACTLY like our Schnauzer, "Fritz" right after getting his yearly vaccinations a couple of years ago. Scared the hell out of us, and yep, Benadryl cleared it right up. Just a reaction to getting everything all at once, even though he'd had it that way before? Anyway, I hope both Griffin and Emma are healthy, and happy now, without too big a hit on your wallet. Later!

Ken
"SKY"

silaner May 26th, 2013 06:02 PM

here the sun shines