Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:02 AM
Admiral

Default Wednesday (again)

Morning mates, apparently I was a day ahead of myself yesterday, for some reason I thought it was Wednesday...but today it really is!

Sunshine is back thank goodness....we are going to a plant nursery this morning to find the perfect tree to plant in Emma's memory.
I think I would like a lilac tree, always been my favourite, and it would bloom every year on the anniversary of her passing.

donna
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning everyone:

It is another "sprinkle day" here in Minnesota. We've had cloudy skies and sprinkles for the last four days. No real rain but that pesky sprinkle that is too slow for the interval wipers and doesn't get you wet but spots your glasses. I would prefer Mother Nature to make up her mind.

Nothing much on the agenda for today other than a "zapping" at the dermatologist's. Otherwise not too much to do except clean out another closet. We already have three big boxes of clothes to donate and by the time we're done I expect it will increase to five. There is also one box of "hope" clothes. These are clothes that we want to keep and "hope" to fit into again.

I "hope" everyone has a great Wednesday and wonderful rest of the week.

Take care,
Mike (Keep Hope Alive)

Upcoming Cruise(s) Carnival Liberty: May 31, 2014. The Anniversary Getaway.

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 5th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning Donna, and all those to follow. It is a warm, sunny, Texas.

Donna, I think that is a wonderful thing to do. How is your puppy doing?

I have a hair appointment today, and then I need to finish the house work. I worked in the yard so much, yesterday, I didn't get to finish laundry.

I would like to ask for good thoughts and prayers for our area. As most of you know, our own terrorist is going on trial in the next few days. The courtroom has been built up like a bunker, but we are afraid his show in court will be a call to arms from his fellow thugs. Please hope that the evil will not invade what is a good community, with many good people.

Take care all, and have a good day.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 5th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Admiral

Good morning all. Mom just told me that the weather people are calling for rain, so I don't know what I'll do with the furniture tomorrow. It can't be in the living room or garage, and now it can't be on the patio!

Donna, I am sorry about your sweet Emma. I love your idea. I hope that your puppy and kitty are doing all right without her. I know you and James must miss her badly.
Old June 5th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Hi Kids,
The bureau of tourism loves this kind of day here,and, so do I...Could not ask for a prettier day!

Today, we are off to a Diva Lunch, with 7 girls, from our hometown FB page...we always have so much to chat about, we are decided to go to my fabulous chinese restaurant, with the best buffet around. Should be fun!

This week I got two more diaper cake commissions..one for a boy,and a generic cake...harder to do,when you don't know the sex of the baby..Already shopped the for the fabric, so the ball is rolling...I so love making these cuties!

Donna, the smell of our lilac tree, sens me right back to elelmentary school, bringing my teacher some, wrapped in tin foil...good choice.

Make it a good one!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 5th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........hit 80 yesterday for the high........upper 70's for today........

Luanne.........you will be in our thoughts......

Not much going on.....might grab a nice cold drink & make believe I'm laying by the pool...........

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon
Old June 5th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Nothing like having my morning coffe outside amongst the flower and the birds.....except the open sea!
As I sit here and type the clouds are moving in , I believe their calling for some rain today.

Need to get the grocery shopping done but that's about it.

Luanne your community is in my prayers.....stay strong!

Have a blessed day mates.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 5th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Admiral

Good morning
Nothing like having my morning coffe outside amongst the flower and the birds.....except the open sea!
As I sit here and type the clouds are moving in , I believe their calling for some rain today.

Need to get the grocery shopping done but that's about it.

Luanne your community is in my prayers.....stay strong!

Have a blessed day mates.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 5th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Admiral

Quote:

Donna, the smell of our lilac tree, sens
me right back to elelmentary school, bringing my teacher some, wrapped in tin
foil...good choice.
Linda, that is exactly my memory; we had a lilac tree in front of our house growing up, and every spring I would bring lilacs wrapped in tin foil to my teacher. I have loved that scent ever since...
donna
Old June 5th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Admiral

Default Wednesday (again)

Good morning.

Donna, I love your idea. Lilacs always bring back childhood memories to me. Now when I go back to visit my little (not so little any more, I guess) home town, I find a lilac bush, inhale, and think back. Peonies, too. I see them here, but they are expensive at $9 a bloom.

We had a delicious lunch yesterday at Il Fornaio, pasta with tomato sauce tossed with clams, mussels, shrimp, and scallops. A perfect day to eat outdoors, too.

Have a good day.

Judy
Old June 5th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Admiral

Rob and I flew home from our back-to-back cruises and three days, post cruise, last Monday. It took us several days to get adjusted to being back on the eastern time zone. Our cruises were wonderful! I especially liked going to St. Peter Port, on the Island off Gurnsey in the Channel Islands where I really splurged on a sweater! Northern Ireland fascinated Rob and I with seeing all the political posters and going to a museum which had an exhibit about "the troubles" that best Northern Ireland in the 1960's and 1970's. We have already booked a back-to-back cruise for next year. Now that I am fully retired I am trying to figure out what to do with all my free time. Hope all my cruisemate friend are happy and have "smooth sailing" on their cruises.
Old June 5th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Admiral

Another beautiful sunny day in the small apple.