CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Good Friday Morning (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/396842-good-friday-morning.html)

Mike M June 7th, 2013 08:02 AM

Good Friday Morning

Good morning Cruisemates!

It's another cloudy day here in the land without sunshine. We recorded the third cloudiest May on record and it has rained 6 out of 7 days in June. Some sun would be nice or at least dry out enough to get the lawn mowed. It's growing faster than Kudzu.

We have one more week until we leave for our tour of the Southwest. We start in Vegas and will actually visit friends in Arizona, New Mexico and Texas. We'll be gone for about two and half weeks. The highlight will be meeting with cousins from Australia. They will be there for four days and it will be great to meet them face to face for the first time.

Today is another "zapping" and then lunch with a friend. Hopefully the grass will dry out enough to mow it by this afternoon otherwise it's another mow, sweep, mow session. If it's too long the grass does not cut even and that's why the second mowing is required in order to give the lawn that smooth look. I'm turning into that weird old guy who has to have his lawn look perfect. :)

I hope everyone has a great Friday and a dang good weekend.

Take care,
Mike

Manuel June 7th, 2013 09:14 AM

Good morning Mates

We are back in the sunshine.:D

It rained all day yesterday and most of the night, but no damage was done in our neck of the woods.

I wish you all a nice day.

TM

rollerdonna June 7th, 2013 09:39 AM

Morning Mates, I'm a little slow getting going this morning, but it's a wonder I'm here at all. I had a very bad reaction to the antibiotics yesterday. I won't go into detail, but I certainly feel as if I lost a whole day somewhere and couldn't have cared if I never woke up.
Got the meds changed, and at least the new ones are not making me sicker, but they're not making me any better either, at least not yet....still in pain. :(
Not looking forward to the tropical storm moving in and ruining my birthday weekend...:-(

donna

Aerogirl June 7th, 2013 10:04 AM

Good Morning

I hear you Mike .....what has happened to warm weather and the sun, it's 50 and cloudy here again today!!!!

Seen the surgeon yesterday and all looks good, the polyp turned out to be a cholesterol stone and nothing more.

I would like to tinker out in the garden today if weather permits but I'll have to wait and see.

Manuel ....glad you weather the storm without any problems.

Have a blessed day mates.

Luanne Russo June 7th, 2013 10:08 AM

Good morning Mike, Manuel, and Donna,

It is a beautiful day in Central Texas. The temps are in the 70's and plenty of sunshine.

I have to finish the lawn today, and then get ready for our trip up North. I sure hope they are having cooler weather.

Mike, If I don't get the chance, I hope you have a good trip.

Donna, I hope you get to feeling better.

I hope all of you have a good day.

Luanne

LS80 June 7th, 2013 10:48 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........

Weather was great yesterday.......cloudy today.........oh well........

Mike....have a great vacation!!!!!

Y'all have a good day..........

Sharon

Lakers Fan June 7th, 2013 03:00 PM

There is a coastal flood watch here till 11PM .We were out earlier to attend a gran childs school graduation followed by lunch in one of the restaurants that we frequented post Sandy .