CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Saturday Rainy Saturday (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/396865-saturday-rainy-saturday.html)

rollerdonna June 8th, 2013 08:34 AM

Saturday Rainy Saturday

Morning Mates, it is POURING and the wind is howling out there today, certainly part of the storm Andrea we're getting.....not a very nice day to celebrate one's birthday. Sending out good wishes to Mike's lovely wife Betty who shares this birthday with me!

I am hoping that after 48 hours on antibiotics that today will be the turning point and I will get some relief from this pain. I have to be better for tomorrow since I have invited friends over for a BBQ for my birthday!

Yesterday began a summer-long project at our Ship Hector, total down-rigging of the ship for routine maintenance. All the work is being done by volunteers, and the public who visit are welcome to participate by sanding and varnishing the blocks. Here's an article in our paper:

Ship Hector rigging down - Local - The News

donna

Mike M June 8th, 2013 09:22 AM

Good morning all and Happy Birthday to Donna!

As Donna said, it is also Betty's birthday. We really have nothing planned since we are leaving next week for a three week trip. We may do a little shopping. Betty wants to buy a new swimsuit so she can fit in with the twenty-something hotties by the pool in Vegas. I told her she doesn't need a new suit. She just has to stick with me and people will be too busy laughing to notice what she's wearing. :)

I hope everyone has a great Saturday and a wonderful weekend.

Take care,
Mike

Luanne Russo June 8th, 2013 09:28 AM

Good morning from a sunny Texas. Happy Birthday Donna, and Betty.

Not much going on today, but do wish all my Cruisemates friends a good day.

Luanne

Lakers Fan June 8th, 2013 09:34 AM

Sunny here ,3 weeks till my next cruise and 4 months till my vacation which will bring me to Nova Scotia ,my first visit there since 1976 .

Aerogirl June 8th, 2013 10:29 AM

Good Morning
A beautiful day here today, I'm sitting here watching D/S & D/H cut dead branches off a tree...oh the joys!

Not much doing today than a little outside work.

Happy Birthday Betty!

LS80 June 8th, 2013 10:44 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.........

Still 70's predicted for today.......but getting cooler.........

Happy B-day Betty.........

Y'all have a good day............

Sharon

Manuel June 8th, 2013 12:02 PM

Good morning Mates

Happy birthday Donna and Betty.

We had our rain on Thursday, so now it's sunny and warm.

TM

CruisinK n J June 8th, 2013 12:36 PM

Saturday Rainy Saturday

Good morning.

Happy birthday, Donna and Betty.

Nothing much happening. Keith has long since gone off to Riverside, in his own car this time. So I think I will treat myself and go shopping.

Have a nice day, all.

Judy

rayb June 8th, 2013 03:46 PM

Wow lightening just struck and scarred the---out of me.

Fern June 8th, 2013 09:07 PM

Happy Birthday Donna and Betty! I hope you had a wonderful day :)!