Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Captain

Default Spinning wheel, ship building and puzzle assembly

I have seen women knitting while on the cruise but on a recent cruise i saw a women with a spinning wheel making yarn from raw wool. I thought this was This was the first time I have ever seen this type of activity but maybe the one person who outdid this lady was a man who seemed to spend everyday of the cruise building an elaborate model ship for the Disney Wonder ship building contest. And at the end of a cruise I wondered what happened to the assembled puzzle cruisers had worked at during the cruise and made into beautiful pictures.. I'm sure that the ones in the library were disassembled but the ones in the public areas probably belonged to a private individual. Tearing those puzzles apart must have broke their hearts..
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

The lady with the spinning wheel,must not have flown to the ship I would guess these people must be introverts,and focusing on their hobby or task,allows them the privacy they seek, although I am sure the spinning wheel lady gets asked 100's of questions...to each their own I guess.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 9th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Admiral

I have spent many many hours working on puzzles while on ships. Yes, as soon as one is done, it is torn apart and a new one started. Far from introverts, many of us working on the puzzles enjoy the camaraderie and the questions from passerby's.

On the other hand, you won't catch me laying by the pool.

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14