CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   Tuesday, Things are Looking UP! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/396914-tuesday-things-looking-up.html)

rollerdonna June 11th, 2013 07:53 AM

Tuesday, Things are Looking UP!

Morning Mates, it is Tuesday, Day 6 on antibiotics and I am FINALLY feeling some relief! Also, the sun is out, and it is already in the 20's C or 70's F, so it looks like a good day ahead!

Got some planting done last night while fighting off the black flies; they are SO annoying!
Planted Emma's lilac tree, and a beautiful Hydrangea my friend bought me for my birthday. Will post pics later.. meanwhile, here's one of Griffin and his puppy friends Bailey, the black one, and Bentley the white one, along with their big sister Ginger the cocker spaniel. B & B are Shi-Tzu/Poodles.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...86783121_n.jpg

Mike M June 11th, 2013 08:02 AM

Good morning Donna and everyone else in Cruisemates Land.

It looks to be a nice almost Summer day here in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. It will be a busy one. First I must take my grandson home. My granddaughter left yesterday to go mini-golfing and spend the night at her best friend's house. After the grandson is dropped off I need to go and get a "new" laser zapping and then off to the neurologist's for my annual, standard, check up and blood work. I don't think that will take too long but we don't expect to be home until 4 or 5 p.m..

I was hoping to do a full housecleaning but that will have to wait until tomorrow. I love coming home to a clean house. We leave EARLY Friday morning for the southwest. I think I will have to bug my nephew and see if he will cut my lawn once or twice while were gone. If the Rainforest weather we've been having continues it will be almost "un-mowable" when we return, unless it gets mowed while we're gone.

Well, time to start the day. I hope everyone has a good one.

Take care,
Mike

Trip June 11th, 2013 08:55 AM

Hi Kids,
Still raining a bit,and hoipefully will dry up soon. The garden is loving it,and a tomato has been born already! Waiting for the cukes,as I have an easy recipe to make pickles, with no boiling..cannot wait!

I am in the midst of planning another get together..two ladies, from our high school are flying up from Florida, and, we are planning a party for them...this could turn out to be a mini hs reunion!

I got a nice compliment the other day..Someone called me the Cake Boss of Diaper Cakes...I have one waiting to be picked up, and another, waiting to be decorated

Donna, you have 3 blondes and a brunette there:)

Make it a good one.

Aerogirl June 11th, 2013 10:01 AM

Good Morning
A warm few days ahead of us with rain possible.
Although we're in the summer mood D/S is still in school until the 24th due to the teacher strike last fall.

Have a great day mates!

Moiraine June 11th, 2013 10:51 AM

Good morning mates. I had a nice breakfast with mom and got right on with the chores. Now I've pooped out! roflrofl I've got to get off my butt and get to moving again. I'm saving the dog walking until this evening. It's supposed to be high 90s today.

Trip, I've seen pictures of your diaper cakes. You are the cake boss!

Anyway, you all have a great day.

Now, back to the chores.

LS80 June 11th, 2013 11:15 AM

Morning from the Pacific Northwest.......

Temps are going down to the low 60's........suppose to be 74 for Saturday.....hope so.......

Not much going on here today.......

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon

CruisinK n J June 11th, 2013 11:23 AM

Things are Looking Up!

A good sunny morning to you. With no marine layer, it will be a hot one. The jacaranda trees are blooming as hard as they can. There was a local t.v. show about them. People called them a "beautiful nightmare" because the blossoms make a purple mess on the ground and especially on cars.

Donna, the dogs are really cute! I love the names. A much less expensive way to own fancy cars.;)

Keith also gets a "skin cancer haircut" today. After that, meatball soup at Norm's. Yum!

Judy

balabusta June 11th, 2013 12:04 PM

Good morning mates, or should I say, good afternoon since the clock just turned to 12:00 p.m. Being retired from work really hasn't hit me yet. I am still figuring out "what am I going to do?" This Saturday, Rob and I are driving to New Bern, North Carolina to "either use or lose" the timeshare week. New Bern has a historic downtown plus we plan on going to the Pepsi museum. Tuesday morning the city has a farmer's market. As for right now, I have been going to the gym, out to lunch with friends, and catching up on housework. Hope that my fellow cruisemates do not experience "a lot of rain".

Aerogirl June 11th, 2013 12:12 PM

Trip I think you can start a new market not only for baby diaper cakes but diaper cakes for turning a certain age when people pull out all the over the hill stuff.
You can fill it with all kinds of geriatric goods and depends!:)

Trip June 11th, 2013 12:54 PM

Robin...lol...it would be a huge cake with the size of those diapers..lots of space to hide the goodies:).

Mike M June 11th, 2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 1475932)
Robin...lol...it would be a huge cake ).

Depends. :) ;)

Take care,
Mike

Lakers Fan June 11th, 2013 11:21 PM

Good evening from rainy NY