Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2013, 07:10 PM
Admiral

Default Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain

So I like the CW TV show Supernatural and I was search around the web and I do upon occasion. I found a casting call notice that I thought was related to the show. But it was in Charlotte which was odd because I know Supernatural films in Canada. Upon farther review it was for the show It's Supernatural. I haven't heard of this show so I investigated.

About the Television Show - Sid Roth - It's Supernatural

Quote:
Each week, Sid investigates and reports on people who have experienced extraordinary healings, miracles and personal encounters with God. At the end of each program, Sid tells the viewers how they, too, can have intimacy with God.

It?s Supernatural is looking for actors for this coming weekend JUNE 21-23rd, in Charlotte. - The Southern Casting Call
Okay so that means the people our friend Sid investigates are paid actors. Of course there is a place to donate to his "cause." So my question to the group is do you think shows like this and reality shows should be required by law to tell us when they use paid actors?

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2013, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

I think that when all of these reality shows started, it was the intent to use non actors, but they soon got caught by the unions. Now all are paid and must have a union card. The reason all must sign a confidentiality letter, is so we the public do not realize how much these shows are staged.

When Jeff Prost ask at the end of the season for anyone who wants to be on the next season, to sign up, it is a casting call, but called something else.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 22nd, 2013, 04:56 PM
First Mate

Since I haven't seen the show, I have no idea how phony it may or may not be. However, there are many "reality" shows out there that re-enact the story that someone is telling them. Typically they interview the subject but use actors to portray what happened to them, because most people can't act out even the events of their own life in any realistic way. Point is, the fact of a casting call does not automatically mean that the events portrayed did not really happen.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistersolo View Post
Since I haven't seen the show, I have no idea how phony it may or may not be. However, there are many "reality" shows out there that re-enact the story that someone is telling them. Typically they interview the subject but use actors to portray what happened to them, because most people can't act out even the events of their own life in any realistic way. Point is, the fact of a casting call does not automatically mean that the events portrayed did not really happen.
I also having saw this show. So you have a very valid point. Maybe the are doing reenactments and stating that clearing on the show. If that is the case I don't have a problem with that. If they getting actors to pretend to be real people in order to get money out of their viewers then I have a problem with that. Due to my job I have some trust issues.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994