Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Chit - Chat for Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Chit - Chat for Cruisers Open Forum for non-cruise posts. Please refrain from inflammatory rhetoric that could be considered offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete for any reason.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2013, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Default Sunday Morning Greeting

Morning Mates from a beautiful summer day in Pictou County. It has already hit 30C or 86F so I am going to enjoy this day!
No plans other than housework and yardwork, then relax! Have a good one!

donna
Old June 23rd, 2013, 09:52 AM
Admiral

Good Morning

A nice morning here to sit out and ave my coffee however they say its going to heat up and get very humid,but as far as right not its beautiful!

Did anyone see the super moon last night? Very bright and big that's for sure.

D/S is getting excited about our upcoming Washington/New York trip, I'm looking foward to taking him to Time Square at night and seeing his face when he sees all the lights and people, I was in aww my first time.

Have a graduation party later today as the boys go off to the Cubs game.

One more win for the Hawks and the cup is ours!!!

Have a great day mates!

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old June 23rd, 2013, 10:05 AM
Admiral

Good morning Donna and Robin! Today is the beginning of my workweek, just four days long, but at least I am indoors. Watched the Carnival Magic come in this a.m. and looking cruise on the Triumph later this year. Have a great days cruisemates!!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old June 23rd, 2013, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Morning from the Pacific Northwest........

Suppose to be mid 70's today........but rain too.......oh well.......

Y'all have a good day.........

Sharon
Old June 23rd, 2013, 10:16 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Good morning from Flagstaff, Arizona.

We have been having a great time on our "Best of the Southwest" road trip. We had a great time in Las Vegas and meeting our cousins. It was fun but none of us woke up with a chicken in the bed.

We are staying at a friend's place here in Flagstaff. It's her "getaway" place and is nice and comfortable and it feels like I'm in Northern Minnesota with the cooler temperatures and all of the pine trees.

Tomorrow we head to Phoenix to stay a couple of nights with the same friend at her house. I'll head over to the Kuki condo and see if I can find the hidden key. If I'm successful I'll stay a couple of more days in Phoenix. However, all I expect to find in the refrigerator is a twelve pack of caffeine free diet coke and a half a pack of Hebrew National franks. Maybe Paul will give me a free meal...........hmmmmm

After we leave Phoenix we will take the exciting drive from Phoenix to Dallas with a stop over in Roswell so we can pick up "alien" stuff for our grandson. We will visit my brother for a few days and then head home. We should be home around July 5th but we are on no real timetable.

I hope all are well and I wish everyone a great week.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 23rd, 2013, 10:36 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Good morning everyone from a very windy Texas.

Robin, The moon was so bright, that the bids in the back yard were chirping last night. It was very strange

Not much going on today. A little bit of this and a little bit of that.

Take care all,

Luanne.
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old June 23rd, 2013, 02:57 PM
Admiral

Mike,

Sounds as if you're having an idyllic vacation.

I've only been to Phenix one time in I believe in either '79 or '80. Went out to accompany Fran's son from DeVry back to New York. We left Phoenix around 1400 on a Saturday Afternoon and made our first overnight stop here in Greeneville, TN, arriving there 0200 Monday Morning, before driving North to New York. It was February and the snow storms were heavy in the plains so instead of I-80, I elected to come back via I-40. I did about 90% of the driving 'cause we could make better time. Only got pulled over one time however, in Arkansas but the trooper honored my shield.

Included in that trip was the most gorgeous drive I ever took North on the Interstate (I forget the number) from Phoenix to Flagstaff. One may see a representation of virtually all the flora in this country in that relatively short distance. We started out in the desert, then came a more temperate climate with gorgeous green fields and flowers and then up near the snow capped mountains just South of Flagstaff all in a distance if I remember correctly of under 200 miles. If we'd had time, I would have loved to have gone to Flagstaff.

One other thing. Back then you had to actually drive through the old cow town of Gallup. That in and of itself was an education, albeit a sad one because of the terrible shape of the folks off the Reservation outside of Gallup. At that time, Gallup had the larges per capita Drunk Tank in the country. They didn't arrest anyone, merely picked up the Native American males who stood almost shoulder to shoulder against store windows, etc., so they wouldn't freeze to death. Alcoholism was epidemic then and it was one of the saddest things I've ever witnessed. I hope those days are passed.

Hope you continue, Mike, to have both a grand time and a safe journey.
Explorer of the Seas 2009, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2007, Eastern Caribbean
Explorer of the Seas 2006, Eastern Caribbean
Old July 1st, 2013, 06:09 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Mike - I certainly would have given you a free meal - so sorry I missed you while you were in town. I wish you had shot me an email.

I don't read the chit chat as much anymore, so I am really sorry I missed you.

TODD _ So glad you made it thru surgery!!!!