CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Chit - Chat for Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/)
-   -   2014 Extra Paula Deen Cruise!! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/chit-chat-cruisers/397234-2014-extra-paula-deen-cruise.html)

venice June 25th, 2013 01:26 PM

2014 Extra Paula Deen Cruise!!

Royal Caribbean has announced due to popular demand, they will add a second sailing in 2014 for Paula Deen's theme cruise

aerospace June 25th, 2013 02:23 PM

They put butter on everything anyway, what makes this special?

Dave Beers June 25th, 2013 02:34 PM

Looks like they are doing one in January and another in June or July 2014.

katlady June 25th, 2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice (Post 1477184)
Royal Caribbean has announced due to popular demand, they will add a second sailing in 2014 for Paula Deen's theme cruise

Is that for real or a joke. Because after all the things that came out I can't picture anyone wanting her name attached to them. Wow it is true. Celebrity Cruises should hang their head in shame. Venice is correct RCL owns Celebrity just to clarify.
Paula Deen Cruise Line Adds More Dates Amid N-Word Controversy | E! Online

ship2shore June 25th, 2013 10:37 PM

perhaps....

This is her punishment for letting the "n-word" slip. (but ,hey, shes no racist, just a Southern Belle with a tude)

"You will cook on cruise ships until further notice <<bang of gavel>>"

rofl

venice June 26th, 2013 01:51 PM

The cruiseline has no choice as long as she maintains her contractual obligations...it is business as usual since this is not a private full charter but a large group on a regular sailing with private functions and activities during the week...the second sailing was added in the past few days based upon her public fan base interest

As with most public scandals of this type, if Paula quickly settles the lawsuit out of court, sets up a foundation directs 50% of her corporate profits to support scholarships for minorities to pursue careers in the culinary arts and partners with health organizations to eradicated diabetes in the minority community (which is a serious issue) and promote healthy cooking with the American Association of Cardiologist and stays under the public radar, by the time these cruises come around, it will be pretty much a non issue

I would find it interesting to be on her first sailing as a regular guest that is not a part of her group

ship2shore June 26th, 2013 02:03 PM

Talk about having to deal with an albatross aboard a ship...

venice June 27th, 2013 11:52 AM

In the past few years the cruiselines have made a major push to offer heart healthy selections at every meal..I wonder on Paula's cruise if there is a Paula Deen selection on the menu in the MDR every night

As part of my cardiac rehab therapy the hospital dietian took us on a "field trip" to WalMart's and it was an eye opener to see how much sodium is in almost everthing and how much more expensive it is to shop healthy and how little you get for your dollar

Paula could have a whole second comeback career by taking her popular meals and substituting for all the bad stuff (butter, cream etc)...if she could accomplish that, no one would care about all the other stuff

katlady June 27th, 2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by venice (Post 1477394)
In the past few years the cruiselines have made a major push to offer heart healthy selections at every meal..I wonder on Paula's cruise if there is a Paula Deen selection on the menu in the MDR every night

As part of my cardiac rehab therapy the hospital dietian took us on a "field trip" to WalMart's and it was an eye opener to see how much sodium is in almost everthing and how much more expensive it is to shop healthy and how little you get for your dollar

Paula could have a whole second comeback career by taking her popular meals and substituting for all the bad stuff (butter, cream etc)...if she could accomplish that, no one would care about all the other stuff

This is why I grow my own stuff and have a sister that loves making homemade Jelly and Jam. Those things provide better control. I know my Pepper and chilies don't have e coli. ;) On a side note the more convenient the food the worst it is for you. Most prepackage food has high sodium. This is why I prefer to cook dinner instead of pop it in the microwave. My home cooked meals are healthier and tastier then any prepackaged frozen dinner. Also living in California I have access to a wide choice fresh veggies and fruits year round. I got tomatoes on the vine already they are still green but soon the great tomato harvest begins. My hubby loves that I have so spoil the man he can't stand grocery store tomatoes. :mrgreen: I tried a Paula Deen recipe once way too much butter and cream. It felt greasy and not good.

Manuel June 28th, 2013 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by katlady (Post 1477441)
. I got tomatoes on the vine already they are still green but soon the great tomato harvest begins. My hubby loves that I have so spoil the man he can't stand grocery store tomatoes. :mrgreen: .

I used to have to wait until July to pick my first ripe tomato. :mad:

Now that I lived in Florida I have been picking ripe ones since the beginning of May.
I don't like grocery tomatoes either.

TM